Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Bad idea to have a badguy called DOX when your series is also under the DoX umbrella. And I get it, its like Fox! And the dox people! But its still kind of dumb.

Heroic doxxing people is the counter to evil doxxing people? Its kind of weird. And 'they're getting mutants hurt/killed' doesn't carry any weight anymore now that they just pop them back up at Krakoa. Its not a good enough justification for violence anymore.
    The hell? Murdering mutants isn't a justification for violence because they'll eventually get resurrected? That's some pretty messed up logic. Regardless of if they get the resurrected later they're still being murdered.

I've always wanted to like Glob cause he's just so fucking ugly and unappealing to look at kind of like Eyeboy, so I've been trying to like him for all these years I was kind of touched this issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Nova Roma can't get a rest.
    I lost the track of their story since that unecessary retcon by Niceza. What did those guys do to deserve such hate?
    Dress up their white youth, including Amara, in blackface.

I hope that answers the question.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by zgunslinger View Post
    Bleeding Cool just reported that there are rumours New Mutants is ending with issue #13 in December
    Probably due to low sales but can you please provide a link to the article ?

Next issue would be sort of tie-in to Sword of X (Cypher and Magik) and a conclusion to the Nova Roma story.

I enjoyed Glob in this one. Liked him talking about his earliest appearances.

-Pav, who isn't sad this book is ending though...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Is this book confirmed to be ending or is that just extrapolation

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, I think it is clear that he refers to that. For a long time Glob was always on the verge of villainy.
    Not on the verge, he attacked a bus of human civilians while on fire - Cyclops, Xorn and Beast stopped him.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/x-me...-of-dawn-of-x/

Here's the new schedule. I can also scotch some rumours that the Dawn Of X series New Mutants is ending with #13. Like X-Factor, it is skipping a month in November while all the X Of Swords stuff goes down, and will return in December. We will always try and ask the questions though…

Another great issue! Love this book!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Damn I almost got my hopes up

Well, I enjoyed it, even if poor Glob is so hard to look at sometimes. I'm glad he got a nice hug from Illyana, I didn't know she was the hugging type.

I do agree though that we need to see more of the cast. After the excellent OG-heavy New Mutants Movie I was looking forward to reading about them, but they are nowhere to be seen in their own series. And next issue looks like its going to be the Magik show again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    The hell? Murdering mutants isn't a justification for violence because they'll eventually get resurrected? That's some pretty messed up logic. Regardless of if they get the resurrected later they're still being murdered.
    I mean, its the kind of logic that comes about when something like the resurrection system is around. Its the reason behind the Kill No Man thing; since they can't die, its wrong to end people who can. If its sounds messed up, its because it is. Its pretty crazy. But I'm too tired to go into a dissertation on why violence and murder are wrong and how this set-up messes with it all.

All-New Member

Thanks for the link. I apologize for my comment, I read the article 2/3 times but still my brain just registered "rumours that New Mutants is ending with #13"

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Dress up their white youth, including Amara, in blackface.

I hope that answers the question.
    Blackface is a western concept. It means nothing for people who lived isolated in a forest for 2000 years.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    We all knew this would happen with Brisson though. Let's lookout his career...

-Obssessed w Glob and shoves him into every book he writes. Glob is actually a good character, but Brisson seems to be unable to seperate himself from the character.
    -Brisson is the only remnant of the previous XMEN run. One of the most hated runs out there.
    -Brisson can only write for immature white Male bro characters with chips on their shoulders hence Magik being the only female he can write well.
    -He's out of touch. Out of touch mediocre while male writers are horrible when it comes to writing younger characters.
    -He can NOT write for minorities and New Mutants fans love the team's minority characters.

This was the book I was most excited for yet the second I heard he'd be on this book, I knew it was doomed.

This run should've only lasted the amount of time Hickman was on it.
    Brisson does NOT write a good Magik at all, he hasn't written a single New Mutants character well in my opinion