Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Oh yay, Amara lost her entire supporting cast.

Great.
    Daddy’s not dead yet.

All-New Member

Bleeding Cool just reported that there are rumours New Mutants is ending with issue #13 in December

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by zgunslinger View Post
    Bleeding Cool just reported that there are rumours New Mutants is ending with issue #13 in December
    So the title was just sticking around for the film release??? I can see it, I guess.

But I hope the replacement is a full on Sextant book.
    I don’t even want to see outside threats. Just how all the different groups live together and clash with each other.

His anger is a reference that he was part of the riot in New X-men? Writters tends to forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    His anger is a reference that he was part of the riot in New X-men? Writters tends to forget that.
    Yes, I think it is clear that he refers to that. For a long time Glob was always on the verge of villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, I think it is clear that he refers to that. For a long time Glob was always on the verge of villainy.
    Yes.
    I'm both impressed and thrilled that this was addressed. And boy howdy am I pleased with how it was handled because, well, I'm not a Glob man.

He is pained. He is the product of pain. And he is healing. And that's tragic but beautiful and I love him and his silly chickens.

A book about New Mutants that hasn't done anything to develop any of the OGs. What's the point? This seems like such a waste of a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    A book about New Mutants that hasn't done anything to develop any of the OGs. What's the point? This seems like such a waste of a title.
    Its developed Magik for what its worth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    We all knew this would happen with Brisson though. Let's lookout his career...

-Obssessed w Glob and shoves him into every book he writes. Glob is actually a good character, but Brisson seems to be unable to seperate himself from the character.
    -Brisson is the only remnant of the previous XMEN run. One of the most hated runs out there.
    -Brisson can only write for immature white Male bro characters with chips on their shoulders hence Magik being the only female he can write well.
    -He's out of touch. Out of touch mediocre while male writers are horrible when it comes to writing younger characters.
    -He can NOT write for minorities and New Mutants fans love the team's minority characters.

This was the book I was most excited for yet the second I heard he'd be on this book, I knew it was doomed.

This run should've only lasted the amount of time Hickman was on it.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 09-02-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That is like saying that torture is fine if you don't kill anyone later.
    When death is a literal joke on that island its just not a good reason for violence anymore. If there were consequences to being brought back it would be one thing. But with the way everyone in-story treats the process, its almost a faster way to get home to Krakoa than just walking. There needs to be some kind of consequences to bringing people back.

Nova Roma can't get a rest.
    I lost the track of their story since that unecessary retcon by Niceza. What did those guys do to deserve such hate?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Really hope the Glob-centric stuff in this issue means we don't have to see him for the next few issues.

There are so many interesting characters that the X-Office could cycle in and out of the current books and yet we get stuck with Glob, Quentin Quire and Armor as the only token young characters that are ever used as anything other than wallpaper.

Dissapointed by the lack of Boom-Boom in this issue, she's the one character I think Brisson has written consistently well. She was the best part of his X-Force run and has been the best part of this run so far.

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    There are so many interesting characters that the X-Office could cycle in and out of the current books and yet we get stuck with Glob, Quentin Quire and Armor as the only token young characters that are ever used as anything other than wallpaper.
    I would add the Cuckoos to that. They are always used and are getting quite a bit of development in this current era

I hate that they’re using Glob, but I hate even more that I’m starting to like him. I rolled my eyes when he started being dramatic and then by the end was like ‘well this is making you into more of a 3D character....damn’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I would add the Cuckoos to that. They are always used and are getting quite a bit of development in this current era
    I'd be OK with the Cuckoos if they ever got proper development and stopped feeling like an interchangeable set. We get bits and pieces of that here and there for years only for them to be almost literally interchangeable with Cable