Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Who is the strongest version of Superman that the Hokuto Shinken could defeat?

Kenshiro stands in a wasteland and different versions of Superman show up to fight him one-by-one, weakest to strongest.

How far does Kenshiro get, assuming he's at the peak of his abilities, and Superman is going for the kill?

The issue is Superman has been labeled it is that his durability is a TK force field.

So Ken cannot actually touch through to hit said flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    The issue is Superman has been labeled it is that his durability is a TK force field.

So Ken cannot actually touch through to hit said flesh.
    I thought they dropped the forcefield explanation a LONG time ago. Did somebody write it back in?

Amazing Member

And surely not every relevant version of Superman has this force field.

True. Even if the field is dropped, wouldn’t his dense molecules mean he is immune anyway?

Hokuto Shinken is limited by anatomy ( Southers trump card originally.)

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Most versions of Superman can annihilate Ken just due to speed and the ability to hurt him. Ken's not fast enough to react to a near-light or much faster speedster.

Ken could handle Golden Age, black and white TV superman, maybe Routh Superman, and... I'm iffy on DCEU. He gets obliterated by pre-crisis, post-crisis, Nu, Rebirth from comics. He gets his ass handed to him by Smallville or Lois & Clark, and likely by Arrow-verse Superman.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Most versions of Superman can annihilate Ken just due to speed and the ability to hurt him. Ken's not fast enough to react to a near-light or much faster speedster.

Ken could handle Golden Age, black and white TV superman, maybe Routh Superman, and... I'm iffy on DCEU. He gets obliterated by pre-crisis, post-crisis, Nu, Rebirth from comics. He gets his ass handed to him by Smallville or Lois & Clark, and likely by Arrow-verse Superman.
    Yeah true. Most Supes are so damned fast Ken is dead before knowing it. And hits way harder to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

I thought Routh Superman was canonically the same guy as Reeve Superman. Because if so, that guy is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I thought Routh Superman was canonically the same guy as Reeve Superman. Because if so, that guy is fast.
    If you go strictly by Superman Returns, only Superman 1 and 2 are canon to this guy, which should still be more than enough. However, his CW appearance implies that at least a version of Superman 3 happened to him as well at some point.

And yup, most versions of modern Supes are too much for Ken. Even the DCAU guy, who is among the weaker versions, should take it based on speed (mainly that time he had a 100-lap race,on foot, around the world against the Flash within a reasonable timeframe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, I was always iffy on that. If canon rules apply and make it the same as Superman 1 and 2, Ken don't want no piece of that.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

DCEU Clark might be a good match? Maybe?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    DCEU Clark might be a good match? Maybe?
    Yeah, I put that one down as "iffy." From his JL scenes, he should be strong enough if he's fast enough. I'm just not sure that he's fast enough. Ken is a decent speedster - waaaaaaaaay beyond "high end bullet timer." DCEU Superman is some level of speedster, but I'm not sure he's fast enough to beat Ken's ability to Museo Tensei. And once that's done, DCEU Supes eventually loses.

I thought Ken was regarded as massively hypersonic?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I thought Ken was regarded as massively hypersonic?
    He's in the multimach region certainly. Hard to say exactly where, Hokuto no Ken isn't super concerned about speed as a stat overall.

Breakdown available for perusal here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    He's in the multimach region certainly. Hard to say exactly where, Hokuto no Ken isn't super concerned about speed as a stat overall.

Breakdown available for perusal here.
    Doesn't seem like any tv version of Supes, be it cartoon or live action, would stand a ghost of a chance against someone of his speed then.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral