Default a true evil Batman exists...maybe

I mean I get the complaints about their being a supposed lack of Batman turning bad compared to other heroes
    Although there are more than a few examples of evil Batman(especially now with the dark multiverse) none of them are really satisfactory
    To name a few
    Batman who laughs
    Owlman
    Thomas Wayne Batman
    Wrath

I'd like to also include Injustice Batman here but he's not really considered evil just a non ideal Batman in a messed up universe

Anyway what makes a good evil Batman
    I mean realistically out of all the ones listed I think an amalgamation of Thomas Wayne and BWL would work
    He needs to be a threat not just to Bruce but the entire DCU but he also needs to not be a meme like how BWL has sort of become

Ideally you should highlight all of Bruce's negative qualities and play them straight. Bruce is at his worst insane, abusive, paranoid, single minded, obsessive, etc just all the bad stuff you typically see with an off the rail Bruce
    Consequently none of these traits are featured in any of the above Batmen. That's a problem
    Its like in an unintentional way you are still writing these characters without flaws and that needs to change

Amazing Member

the Mark Millar series "Nemesis" did a pretty good take on somebody with Bruce's training and money and using it for evil. Not really what you're looking for, but I quite liked it.

Some would say the Batman in the main universe is already evil ...or at least bad.

Mighty Member

I dont understand the question:

Damian Wayne
    Tim Drake

and the whole Batman with other peoples powers are evil....

I would include INjustice Batman as something of an evil Batman.

I haven't read the Injustice comics, but in the games Batman doesn't strike me as evil so much as just pushed past a comfortable point. That world's Superman is so bad Bruce has had to make a lot of compromises to try and stop him, but I don't know if I'd call him *evil.*

For a quality evil Batman though, just take Millar and push it a little farther. It's honestly not too far removed from how the regular comics treated him for years, though he *is* being written as a bit better these days.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I haven't read the Injustice comics, but in the games Batman doesn't strike me as evil so much as just pushed past a comfortable point. That world's Superman is so bad Bruce has had to make a lot of compromises to try and stop him, but I don't know if I'd call him *evil.*

For a quality evil Batman though, just take Millar and push it a little farther. It's honestly not too far removed from how the regular comics treated him for years, though he *is* being written as a bit better these days.
    I guess it depends on your definition of evil too. Yes, he's not as 'evil' as they portray Superman, (Some of those compromises tho) but for me personally. Batman sided with Harley and continued to protect her in spite of her culpability in the murder of his best friend or at least someone that's supposed to be a friends murder of his wife and unborn child. That's a bit on the evil side.

Astonishing Member

Since when Injustice Batman is evil? He's frequently acting like complete ******* there (in my opinion, his behavior towards Clark at the beginning is just unforgivable, just like with Damian and the rest of characters, but especially with those two), but there is nothing new here, Bruce is what he is.

Most modern day versions of Bruce honestly only seem a step or two from being full blown villains.

Sociopathic tendencies.
    No qualms about full on striking those he considers "family".
    Actions got people killed with little to no remorse for them.
    Tries to force his beliefs onto others.
    Frequently breaks into other peoples' homes.
    Brutally assaults people on a near nightly basis.

I can keep going. Batman from BTAS, while flawed, and a "jerk" (to keep it G rated), was far less of a villainous threat. And Batman '66 was even a full on Deputized aid to the law enforcement. And loved to have dance.

Quote Originally Posted by twiztor View Post
    the Mark Millar series "Nemesis" did a pretty good take on somebody with Bruce's training and money and using it for evil. Not really what you're looking for, but I quite liked it.
    Yeah, I was going to say this. Great series.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I guess it depends on your definition of evil too. Yes, he's not as 'evil' as they portray Superman, (Some of those compromises tho) but for me personally. Batman sided with Harley and continued to protect her in spite of her culpability in the murder of his best friend or at least someone that's supposed to be a friends murder of his wife and unborn child. That's a bit on the evil side.
    "Evil" would be a stretch but yeah, he's way more culpable in how everything that went down then either he, Taylor, or the game creators would actually acknowledge. The minute actually competent heroes like the good versions of Superman, WW, and GL got brought over they accomplished in a few hours what he couldn't in five years.