Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dumbledore vs Endora

Dumbledore (film version) vs Endora (classic Bewitched TV series from the 60s).

Dumbledore gets the Elder Wand.

Endora is Samantha's (Elizabeth Montgomery) mother, and a more experienced witch than her daughter.

Standard arena match.

Just watched the whole Bewitched series again over the last couple of years. Not sure what Dumbledore can do with the Elder wand.

Endora can transmute people into animals or inanimate objects with a thought, nod or movement of a finger.

She can teleport herself and other people at least to the Moon and Mars.

Witches far weaker than her have teleported aliens to Earth from several solar systems away.

She suffers no harm from being on the Moon.

She can time travel. The only limit is that, when she travels to a time before she was born, she does not have any powers except the power to return to her own time. But that's inconsistent because the episode with that weakness had her not having been born until after the 16th century. But other episodes established that Samantha had been born by the second century and that Endora was already born before Helen of Troy and was a young witch so far back she had witnessed the latter stages of human evolution to the point that she corrected Darwin on some stuff (though, being a show in the 1960s, they had to be very subtle about that). She could also send other people through time without going herself.

She did things like transmuting a city block into something else and causing citywide storms.

Sometimes, some of these called required a spell while, at other times, the same feat required a thought or hand gesture.

Not sure how this stacks against Diumbledore.
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Dumbledore has on-page combat feats that are probably better. He's shown reacting to "instant" spells after they are fired, and is shown being radically faster than all of the other wizards of the era.

Buuuuuuut...

He still needs to wave a wand or point it and most HP spells seem to require hitting the enemy with a bolt or a beam or a hex or something. Endora doesn't need to aim and can manipulate reality over a large area with a thought or a twitch. She ought to just able to think "No More Wands" or "Go to the moon" and Dumbledore is kind of screwed.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Dumbledore has on-page combat feats that are probably better. He's shown reacting to "instant" spells after they are fired, and is shown being radically faster than all of the other wizards of the era.

Buuuuuuut...

He still needs to wave a wand or point it and most HP spells seem to require hitting the enemy with a bolt or a beam or a hex or something. Endora doesn't need to aim and can manipulate reality over a large area with a thought or a twitch. She ought to just able to think "No More Wands" or "Go to the moon" and Dumbledore is kind of screwed.
    Five Minutes Later

JK Rowling Tweet: Dumbledore and Grindlewald had an *intense* honeymoon on the moon, without protection, if you know what I mean.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Five Minutes Later

JK Rowling Tweet: Dumbledore and Grindlewald had an *intense* honeymoon on the moon, without protection, if you know what I mean.
    Looking for the "like" button.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Five Minutes Later

Including drinking plenty of finely aged firewhiskey. Which they got by pissing into cups and using magic to transform it into firewhiskey.

... I would say I'm joking about that, but considering she's said that wizards/witches used to just **** on the floor like a non-housebroken dog and magic it away, I wouldn't put it past her to do that.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Just watched the whole Bewitched series again over the last couple of years. Not sure what Dumbledore can do with the Elder wand.

Endora can transmute people into animals or inanimate objects with a thought, nod or movement of a finger.

She can teleport herself and other people at least to the Moon and Mars.

Witches far weaker than her have teleported aliens to Earth from several solar systems away.

She suffers no harm from being on the Moon.

She can time travel. The only limit is that, when she travels to a time before she was born, she does not have any powers except the power to return to her own time. But that's inconsistent because the episode with that weakness had her not having been born until after the 16th century. But other episodes established that Samantha had been born by the second century and that Endora was already born before Helen of Troy and was a young witch so far back she had witnessed the latter stages of human evolution to the point that she corrected Darwin on some stuff (though, being a show in the 1960s, they had to be very subtle about that). She could also send other people through time without going herself.

She did things like transmuting a city block into something else and causing citywide storms.

Sometimes, some of these called required a spell while, at other times, the same feat required a thought or hand gesture.

Not sure how this stacks against Diumbledore.
    Those Bewitched witches are pretty potent. Makes me think of imps like Q and Mxyzptlk, just scaled way down. Like maybe one of them visited ancient earth, clipped his nails, and thereby inadvertently created Bewitched's race of witches.

Five Minutes Later

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Including drinking plenty of finely aged firewhiskey. Which they got by pissing into cups and using magic to transform it into firewhiskey.

... I would say I'm joking about that, but considering she's said that wizards/witches used to just **** on the floor like a non-housebroken dog and magic it away, I wouldn't put it past her to do that.
    Yes, it's a sad story when the magic is gone.....