Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

No, Wonder Woman does not wear pants. She saves that for her Diana Prince persona. Wonder Woman should not wear pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Being a classically trained warrior and wearing pants aren't mutually exclusive. The real life people the Amazons were based on wore pants. If Donna, who received the same training as Diana, can wear pants, so can Diana.
    Wonder Woman grew up on a tropical island where for the longest time chiffon miniskirts and togas were the standard attire when not wearing leg barring armor. Cassie and Donna grew up in America.

Google image search Hercules, Achilles or Perseus and see how often they're depicted wearing pants, not very.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    No love for the second Jim Lee outfit created for the new 52? I loved the version with pants and silver armor. I don't why fans got up in arms and demanded she wear short-shorts again. Not all change is bad!
    I've seen some costumes with pants that look fine imo, just that the more famous ones that do (Odyssey, early New 52 promos, and Injustice) usually just look like the regular costume just with the leg area in between the bottoms and her boots look they were just painted blue.

No love for the second Jim Lee outfit created for the new 52? I loved the version with pants and silver armor. I don't why fans got up in arms and demanded she wear short-shorts again. Not all change is bad!
    No, but this was change that WAS bad...lol

I think part of what I disliked was that it wasn't anything organic. It was basically an editorial mandate for everyone to have long pants and notched high collars ( or the essence of one with her throat slicing choker)

A more organic, and better change was the Darksied War/2017 movie/ Rebirth costume. Was a more organic evolution of her traditional look. (Especially as drawn by Nichola Scott) There are some piddly things I would adjust ( the emblem not going to the edge of her bodice, so that there's red above it, no extra arm bands, and keep the flaps of the " skirt" relatively short) but it's so much more in keeping with Diana than her nu52 costume, long pants or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yeah but I was talking specifically about sleeves. I've never seen a similar design anywhere, but there's nothing new under the sun so it has to have been done before.
    Acknowledged.
    My supposition is that the sandal strap detail is being extended to other limbs not for functionality, but instead for a “Greco-Roman” aesthetic.
    It’s in the Odyssey costume, the Frank Miller design, and the Pacheco look from Superman/Batman.

The recent McFarlane figure of this reminded of a recent one I forgot about

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Wonder woman looks awful!!!

Wonder Woman grew up on a tropical island where for the longest time chiffon miniskirts and togas were the standard attire when not wearing leg barring armor. Cassie and Donna grew up in America.

Google image search Hercules, Achilles or Perseus and see how often they're depicted wearing pants, not very.
    Diana is not a normal human being. If she can walk around in the snow in a leotard and survive getting dunked in lava, she can handle wearing pants on a tropical island.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, Wonder Woman does not wear pants. She saves that for her Diana Prince persona. Wonder Woman should not wear pants.
    This is a dumb hill to die on. I personally love the movie inspired look of the costume, but if they ditched the flaps for pants and kept everything else, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. She would still be Wonder Woman.

I was actually very excited about this change back when it was revealed. I felt (and still feel) that the star spangled panties were so desperately dated and needed to go! The notoriously recalcitrant yet extremely vocal fane base were in an absolute frenzy and DC caved (just like they eventually caved on Superman’s ridiculous red underwear on the outside).

I still like the design, but all things considered, I really love the movie costume & I hope it stays permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    This is a dumb hill to die on. I personally love the movie inspired look of the costume, but if they ditched the flaps for pants and kept everything else, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. She would still be Wonder Woman.
    I guess, but not to me. My WW does not wear pants, lol! Besides, there are so many great non-pants WW costumes, just go with one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I remember reading the interview for this, It was either Greg or Scott that said they wanted Diana in a mohawk and so we got blessed with this fine image straight from hell. A mohawk into a braided pony tail..... and an exposed mid-rift, my eyes bleed.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I remember reading the interview for this, It was either Greg or Scott that said they wanted Diana in a mohawk and so we got blessed with this fine image straight from hell. A mohawk into a braided pony tail..... and an exposed mid-rift, my eyes bleed.
    Never read the story but I’m unsurprised it’s the first Wonder Woman figure McFarlane Toys made that wasn’t a movie tie-in.

Think it’s supposed to evoke a Roman Plume or just the usual post-apocalypse Mohawk look

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Diana is not a normal human being. If she can walk around in the snow in a leotard and survive getting dunked in lava, she can handle wearing pants on a tropical island.
    But why would she? It's like you're arguing that Samoans should wear pants because you think they'd look good in them. They're not part of her culture.

But why would she? It's like you're arguing that Samoans should wear pants because you think they'd look good in them. They're not part of her culture.
    Samoans wear pants last I checked. And we've seen Amazons wear pants including Diana.

And just to be clear, I'm not saying Diana has to wear pants just that there is no justification for her not to.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-23-2020 at 02:45 AM.