Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Worst Wonder Woman Costume

Piggybacking off the "best alternate costumes", what do you consider are some of the worst alternate looks Diana has sported whether in comics or other media? Feel free to include looks for Donna, Cassie, Artemis, etc if you want.

To start for me;

Justice Lord

Flashpoint

Both her Injustice outfits
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-03-2020 at 11:19 AM.

What a great question. There have been some real stinkers over the years. My pick is probably any of the Ame-Comi looks...

Honorable mentions to the failed 2011 TV pilot look (with pants), her Star Sapphire outfit, and her 90's Deodato look.

I also have an irrational hatred for her New 52 look with the dark blue boots and general darker color scheme.

EDIT: How could I forget the wretched Finch costume??? This might be the single worst look she's ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    What a great question. There have been some real stinkers over the years. My pick is probably any of the Ame-Comi looks...

Honorable mentions to the failed 2011 TV pilot look (with pants), her Star Sapphire outfit, and her 90's Deodato look.

I also have an irrational hatred for her New 52 look with the dark blue boots and general darker color scheme.
    Not even Scott can get that Sapphire costume to work.

Forgot about the failed pilot look, looks bad even by CW standards. Every time I see that image just makes me think of some cheap Halloween costume you'd buy off Amazon.

Anything with a lot of white in it. A little I can handle but even that looks off to me. Its just not a color I associate with her. So the mod suit, Flashpoint, that white get up she had in Futures End at one point...not big on those.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Here's a few I find downright repulsive:

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Anybody remember when Wonder Woman lifted Thor's hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Good god, they really just said iron plate bikini bottoms didn't they.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Incredible Member

So very many! Basically, any outfit where she wore little more than a thong and a cleavage baring / barely nipple covering bustier or bra. Especially if worn with high / stiletto heels.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Piggybacking off the "best alternate costumes", what do you consider are some of the worst alternate looks Diana has sported whether in comics or other media? Feel free to include looks for Donna, Cassie, Artemis, etc if you want.
    Haha - some of your "worsts" are some of my "bests". No wonder DC finds it so hard to please everyone : )

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Yeah, I do. I call that Diana "Thunder Wonder Woman".

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Haha - some of your "worsts" are some of my "bests". No wonder DC finds it so hard to please everyone : )
    Well, it's all opinion at the end of the day.

Say what you will about Evil Superman being a dead horse cliche, he'll occasionally get a good costume redesign out of it, can't say Diana's been as lucky.

WW CATHY LEE CROSBY.jpg

The Cathy Lee Crosby costume, it's NOT Wonder Woman's outfit, it looks like something an overly patriotic phys ed teacher would wear for a night of go-go dancing.

WW BRONZE 74 GOGO boots.jpg

I almost always hate when the belt is diamond shaped and connects with her chest-plate. What's worse is the 3 feathered eagle, it's just lazy. The giant apple sized stars are hideous and we're back to generic go-go boots, only this time they're red.

WW ARMOR 5.jpg

I know you guys like it, but I DESPISE the Chiang armor. It's just ugly, especially the "skirt" flaps that belong in an automatic car wash and the anemic starfish on her belt. I always hate a red star on the belt that echoes the tiara and the silver fish scales around her waist are out of place. It's too many things.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 09-03-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Here's a few I find downright repulsive:

Woof, I forgot about that one. I despise it.