Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The Messner-Loebs run costume.

The Finch costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Woof, I forgot about that one. I despise it.
    If it included some repetitive narration, it'd be Miller's id summed up.

1. Finch Stabbity Death-queen Armor, with V-jay Portal

2. Injustice Kettle-bra, Diaper and Long Janes

3. Cathy Lee's 70s Star-spangled Air Hostess Thing
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-04-2020 at 05:31 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Frank Miller's and the 90s bondage costume

Retired

I actually really like the costumes that some people hate. Maybe it's the context of when they came out. The Bob Oksner Wonder Woman is my favourite. The Mike Deodato Black Canary Wonder Woman looks cool.

And as for the Cathy Lee Crosby outfit--I saw that when the T.V. movie was first aired and I was just happy to see a Wonder Woman. Remember that the costume-less mod Diana Prince had ended just before this and they were still working out what to do with Wonder Woman in the comics. The T.V. show had to figure out a Wonder Woman for the 1970s, with little to guide them--so they compromised between mod Diana Prince and traditional Wonder Woman. Seems to me she could have walked down the street in the U.S. at the time and never gotten a second look--Americans were dressing in these patriotic outfits in advance of the Bicentennial, on shows like UP WITH PEOPLE, and you had Evel Knievel.

Carol Strickland has singled out the "screaming chicken" armour for derision and I have to concur. That outfit is a bit too much. Diana is wearing a similar outfit in the trailer for WONDER WOMAN 1984, but that one is not the eyesore that we saw in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I actually really like the costumes that some people hate. Maybe it's the context of when they came out. The Bob Oksner Wonder Woman is my favourite. The Mike Deodato Black Canary Wonder Woman looks cool.

And as for the Cathy Lee Crosby outfit--I saw that when the T.V. movie was first aired and I was just happy to see a Wonder Woman. Remember that the costume-less mod Diana Prince had ended just before this and they were still working out what to do with Wonder Woman in the comics. The T.V. show had to figure out a Wonder Woman for the 1970s, with little to guide them--so they compromised between mod Diana Prince and traditional Wonder Woman. Seems to me she could have walked down the street in the U.S. at the time and never gotten a second look--Americans were dressing in these patriotic outfits in advance of the Bicentennial, on shows like UP WITH PEOPLE, and you had Evel Knievel.

Carol Strickland has singled out the "screaming chicken" armour for derision and I have to concur. That outfit is a bit too much. Diana is wearing a similar outfit in the trailer for WONDER WOMAN 1984, but that one is not the eyesore that we saw in the comics.

I think the armor looks fine in Kingdom Come but it's when it shows up in more main continuity books under different artists is when it stars to look really cumbersome. Well, aside from the wings which look cumbersome in both versions.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Attachment 100340

The Cathy Lee Crosby costume, it's NOT Wonder Woman's outfit, it looks like something an overly patriotic phys ed teacher would wear for a night of go-go dancing.

Right? I don't even consider this a Wonder Woman costume.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Attachment 100342

I know you guys like it, but I DESPISE the Chiang armor. It's just ugly, especially the "skirt" flaps that belong in an automatic car wash and the anemic starfish on her belt. I always hate a red star on the belt that echoes the tiara and the silver fish scales around her waist are out of place. It's too many things.

Hahahah..........I agree again. It's overly busy and is an eye-sore. Plus the red parts of the armor make her look like a lobster or a crab.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Divorced from Frank Miller's art style and accompanying characterization of Diana, his DKIII suit is almost palatable...until you get to the star spangled bike shorts. Swap in a battle skirt of some sort and its oversexed Amazon but much better...

Attachment 100341

I almost always hate when the belt is diamond shaped and connects with her chest-plate. What's worse is the 3 feathered eagle, it's just lazy. The giant apple sized stars are hideous and we're back to generic go-go boots, only this time they're red.
    Those aren't go go boots

I actually like most versions of this version of the costume (based off Toth's simplificationnof her costume for SuperFriends) its tye cleaner, more modern (-for the time) and grsphic version of her look

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

The Messner-Loebs run costume.

The Finch costume.
    Ugh. Hideous is an understatement...

I haaaaaaaaate ( but i am too lazy to find an image of it) her look in most ofnthe DC animated features. The blue under layer and "stockings", the anemic emblem, the things on her knees (whatvthe hell are those? Did she borrow them from Donna's shoulders?). Plus they fiddle with the colors of her costume. While Kal's colors are bright red and a good blue, they akmost...purple up her colors? They're inkier, slightly purpley or pinkish. Cuz, girls. 9_9

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Here's a few I find downright repulsive:

This is the one I hate most. Now the others are fine I don't see the problem with her being hot.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Those aren't go go boots
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=red+gogo+...ref=nb_sb_noss

Though not technically an alt-costume, the Mike Deodato Jr low cut, butt floss version is easily one of the worst in the history of the character.

http://www.dcinthe80s.com/2017/06/mi...n-extreme.html