Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Though not technically an alt-costume, the Mike Deodato Jr low cut, butt floss version is easily one of the worst in the history of the character.

http://www.dcinthe80s.com/2017/06/mi...n-extreme.html

I love Deodato Jr's style but not his raunchy depictions of women like this one.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Though not technically an alt-costume, the Mike Deodato Jr low cut, butt floss version is easily one of the worst in the history of the character.

http://www.dcinthe80s.com/2017/06/mi...n-extreme.html
    It's interesting that Deodato said the smaller the costume got, the better the book sold. We frown on it now but back then the title was selling like hotcakes (or would that be hoecakes?).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It's interesting that Deodato said the smaller the costume got, the better the book sold. We frown on it now but back then the title was selling like hotcakes (or would that be hoecakes?).

Wow..............if this is true, think about what that says about our community.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Wow..............if this is true, think about what that says about our community.
    It was the 90s. Books like Lady Death, Vampirella, and Witchblade were top sellers.

The 90s biker outfit is not that bad. Its just not a WW costume. But at the same time that was rather the point as she had lost her title.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Meh - it was the 90’s. Male characters bodies were just as ridiculous, but nowhere near as sexualized. It’s definitely not a style I appreciate today, though it does rear its ugly head from time to time.

Yeah, while people use that term for that style of boot, as a matter of historic fashion, they are technically incorrect-- as those aren't go go boots either. Real go go boots are lower, and looser. Screenshot_20200905-170743.jpg

And i realize this is off the main topic, so moving on....

Meh - it was the 90’s. Male characters bodies were just as ridiculous, but nowhere near as sexualized. It’s definitely not a style I appreciate today, though it does rear its ugly head from time to time.
    Heh, almost anti sexualized. How many crotches were just blacked out ? I'm pretty sure that's not how male anatomy works...... vs the boob and butt fest ofvthe ladies...lol

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Yeah, while people use that term for that style of boot, as a matter of historic fashion, they are technically incorrect-- as those aren't go go boots either. Real go go boots are lower, and looser. Screenshot_20200905-170743.jpg

And i realize this is off the main topic, so moving on....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go-go_boot

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    As i mentioned.... but it's not accurate. ( i have a background in fashion history, specifically that era ^_^)

The boots Diana wore during that era aren't any more a gogo boot, even in that incorrect classification, as what Batman or Supes wore. Its just a standard generic " super hero" boot, sometimes with more of a higher heel, sometimes with a lower heel.
    Last edited by wonder39; 09-05-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    As i mentioned.... but it's not accurate.
    What difference does it make? We're both right. You're making an argument out of nothing.

I... I like the Justice Lord WW and Chiang WW outfits. Am I pleb ? Justice Lord WW looks like a “Karen” to me which is perfect for Evil WW imo. Injustice, Miller, and 90s WW designs are godawful though, no arguments there.

For my own input, not really fond of the Odyssey design

It’s just too “pedestrian” for me. I wouldn’t mind it as “streetwear” or “civilian clothes” for Diana, but as an official costume it’s just bland.

Astonishing Member

There's a reason we have the phrase "sex sells."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I... I like the Justice Lord WW and Chiang WW outfits. Am I pleb ? Justice Lord WW looks like a “Karen” to me which is perfect for Evil WW imo. Injustice, Miller, and 90s WW designs are godawful though, no arguments there.

It’s just too “pedestrian” for me. I wouldn’t mind it as “streetwear” or “civilian clothes” for Diana, but as an official costume it’s just bland.
    So, I liked a lot of elements of the Odyssey costume but I think this was one of those instances where a simple idea was then over-accessorized to death. The leather jacket, spurs, choker and those puzzling arm bands were just too much for what could have been a decent alt-reality look for Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I think it’d make a decent outfit for Donna or Cassie but to me it just doesn’t come off as something Diana would wear.