Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 48 Preview Bagley Back

They still have Marcelo Ferreira as the artist, but Bagley's actually drawing it. Hope they fix that misprint before it goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    They still have Marcelo Ferreira as the artist, but Bagley's actually drawing it. Hope they fix that misprint before it goes out.
    Great editing right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Great editing right there.
    Yeah, definitely not the best look on Lowe and his team.

Not that I mind seeing Miles but his presence feels more like it's here to build up to the Order of the Web rather than being who I'd expect to be the first person Peter would call in this situation, but that's probably because of how little a presence any non-Peter Spider-Person has had in this book up until this point.

Astonishing Member

That stupid follower of the Sin-Eater said his master was to end up what Spider-Man never could. AS IF!!! If it was so easy to punish Osborn, I'm pretty sure the Punisher would have done it right after Dark Reign. I would personally like to see the Sin-Eater trying to do his thing to Osborn. Why?, easy, Norman Osborn's list of sins must be longer than we can imagine. So, what if the Sin-Eater ends up biting off more than he can chew? Pretty sure he would get an "indigestion" with Osborn's sins, and Osborn would still have enough to stay practically the same.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Yeah, definitely not the best look on Lowe and his team.
    I think the work from home really screws them up here.

question for the more experience comic book readers is it a good thing for a series to have different artist every other issue I can understand maybe a different arc/storyline like is that a good thing for a series?
    Last edited by Jman27; 09-04-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    question for the more experience comic book readers is a good thing for a series to have different artist every other issue I can understand maybe a different arc/storyline like is that a good thing for a series?
    Older comics historically had the same artist going for long stretches of time, and, if the book switched artists, people saw it as jarring. Nowadays, with the twice-monthly schedule of Amazing and the intricate details artists put into their work (along with the business side of page rates, who's fast/who's not), having different artists is an unfortunate casualty of the modern age of comics. There are tons of times where the book keeps the same artist straight through, but those books are made for the artist. Technically speaking, this book does have a rotating art team that's supposed to consist of Ryan Ottley (the book's main artist), Patrick Gleason, and, I believe Humberto Ramos. The latter left the book after issue #25 and Gleason has not been on the book since #34.

So tl:dr, it's not a bad thing, but can be a jarring thing.

yeah i agree with the jarring aspect
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

How does Norman keep getting all of these sweet gigs? He must have a really nicely formatted resume.

Youtube ranter Displaying_Model_Behaviour's Avatar

Bagley back on Amazing Spider-Man? I'm so happy I could cry. In my mind it's 1995 and all is right with the world

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’d much prefer it if it was just juggled between Ottley and Gleason.
    Enjoying this story and the steady climb to #850 is exciting. Throwing Sin Eater into the the mix of Goblin and Spidey makes it abit more refreshing and new.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’d much prefer it if it was just juggled between Ottley and Gleason.
    Enjoying this story and the steady climb to #850 is exciting. Throwing Sin Eater into the the mix of Goblin and Spidey makes it abit more refreshing and new.
    Hopefully, that can happen after "Last Remains." Gleason is drawing that entire story.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post
    How does Norman keep getting all of these sweet gigs? He must have a really nicely formatted resume.
    He has powerful friends in very high places . . . specifically, the new clandestine organization JANUS that was revealed at the end of the Ravencroft miniseries.
    The spider is always on the hunt.