Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He has powerful friends in very high places . . . specifically, the new clandestine organization JANUS that was revealed at the end of the Ravencroft miniseries.
    I can't believe Norman can actually have "friends". Anyway, this just proves how pointless is the superhero's efforts when scum like Osborn keeps getting away over and over. I would never approve Spider-Man doing it, but as years pass, I can't stop thinking maybe the Punisher's MO is what they all should use.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I can't believe Norman can actually have "friends". Anyway, this just proves how pointless is the superhero's efforts when scum like Osborn keeps getting away over and over. I would never approve Spider-Man doing it, but as years pass, I can't stop thinking maybe the Punisher's MO is what they all should use.
    Yeah, I'm with you there. I mean, Kingpin's bad enough, but Kingpin usually has some semblance of standards. Osborn, on the other hand . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    If you make it to where Spider-Man easily defeats Norman then Norman loses credibility as Spider-Man's greatest foe. It's never been about Norman having "friends", more like he has a great deal of power and influence through his wealth that gives him the advantage. Having the Punisher take out Norman would be a cop out and let's be honest, it wouldn't stick because Norman is too integral to Spider-Man's world. Besides, Frank can't even permanently put away his own arch nemesis in Jigsaw.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    If you make it to where Spider-Man easily defeats Norman then Norman loses credibility as Spider-Man's greatest foe. It's never been about Norman having "friends", more like he has a great deal of power and influence through his wealth that gives him the advantage. Having the Punisher take out Norman would be a cop out and let's be honest, it wouldn't stick because Norman is too integral to Spider-Man's world. Besides, Frank can't even permanently put away his own arch nemesis in Jigsaw.
    Good point, as frustrating as it is.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Great Issue the Order of the Web true intentions are actually pretty interesting next issue cant come soon enough. spoilers:
    But I kinda have an issue with what Spider-Gwen said about OG Gwen. OG Gwen was the subplot of Peters story I know they are trying to change it now making her more than just the girl who died but the damage is done. Like before I started reading comics all I knew about Gwen was that she died due to the Green Goblin and that she had sex with him too and had twins. Like when her character was introduced in Garfield movie I just knew she was going to die eventually like maybe the third movie but no they did it second. Hell Spider-Gwen is even more popular and well like than Og Gwen I dont know What I need to get on board with OG Gwen and see her more than her death cause its not working for me. Although I do agree that OG Gwen wasnt perfect IE: SIN PAST arc.And can someone in marvel make a decision on whats Spiderwoman costume is plus no idea why she would care for Norman Obsorn unless I'm missing something. Love the Miles and Peter moment need more of those since Miles is apart of the main universe
    end of spoilers I enjoy this run very much I know its pretty rare for comic fans to enjoy things based on my experience here but I really am liking this issue art was great too
    Last edited by Jman27; 09-09-2020 at 06:23 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Nice issue, again.
    Really curious as to where next issue will go.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Nice issue, again.
    Really curious as to where next issue will go.
    well hopefully its like how Dc makes Batman most of the time beat the bat family when they get into confrontations. Spidey gotta remind them why he is the best

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Man... seeing Bagley draw the original Green Goblin again after so many years of ultimate Hulk Goblin is such a plus. This was a good issue. We still haven't seen Kindred in a while I highly doubt the Sins of Osborn and issue 850 will even give us anymore clues or ideas. Sigh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Man... seeing Bagley draw the original Green Goblin again after so many years of ultimate Hulk Goblin is such a plus. This was a good issue. We still haven't seen Kindred in a while I highly doubt the Sins of Osborn and issue 850 will even give us anymore clues or ideas. Sigh.

He already drew Classic Goblin in the 60s issue of Chip Zdarsky Life Story though about a year ago.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    He already drew Classic Goblin in the 60s issue of Chip Zdarsky Life Story though about a year ago.
    Did he? I think I bought that TPB and never got around to reading it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Great Issue the Order of the Web true intentions are actually pretty interesting next issue cant come soon enough. spoilers:
    But I kinda have an issue with what Spider-Gwen said about OG Gwen. OG Gwen was the subplot of Peters story I know they are trying to change it now making her more than just the girl who died but the damage is done. Like before I started reading comics all I knew about Gwen was that she died due to the Green Goblin and that she had sex with him too and had twins. Like when her character was introduced in Garfield movie I just knew she was going to die eventually like maybe the third movie but no they did it second. Hell Spider-Gwen is even more popular and well like than Og Gwen I dont know What I need to get on board with OG Gwen and see her more than her death cause its not working for me. Although I do agree that OG Gwen wasnt perfect IE: SIN PAST arc.And can someone in marvel make a decision on whats Spiderwoman costume is plus no idea why she would care for Norman Obsorn unless I'm missing something. Love the Miles and Peter moment need more of those since Miles is apart of the main universe
    end of spoilers I enjoy this run very much I know its pretty rare for comic fans to enjoy things based on my experience here but I really am liking this issue art was great too
    There are a couple of reasons why Gwen may have been attracted to Osborn. 1: She May have had a “Daddy complex.” We know how close she was with her dad. 2: People like Osborn and in real life Epstein are good at preying on and manipulating young impressionable girls and women. If Spencer really wants to take Sins Past and put it in the trash where it belongs, Grey Goblin will end up being Kindred and Osborn has to kill him.

Man, there was a LOT to digest here, and I know I cant write about it all here because my written english is wonky However, I will try !

So, we see Miles indeed remembers 1610!Goblin, and how he was the catalyst for him becoming Spiderman back in his Earth (still wondering why he cant fully remember 1610!Goblin in his own book tho lmao)
    Also, he is pretty right regarding Norman and how he is the definition of a multiversal constant (of evilness)
    Gwen's talk with Peter was nice, and I felt bad for both of them.. they went through so much, and lost many people they cared about..

Julia Carpenter appearance was unexpected, but welcomed same with Cindy, Jess and Anya !

Man, the whole squad is right regarding Norman, and about how people will die as long as he walks on earth..

I dont know what else to say, this issue was a solid 10/10 from me, and the wait for this arc conclusion in next issue will be slowly killing me heh
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 09-09-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Great issue, loved seeing The Order coming together, especially with the confirmation that Julia's Madame Web powers have returned. Wish Bagley had drawn this whole arc.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

If the next issue really is the end of Sins Rising, I’m really curious as to how we can wrap up everything Sin-Eater related in one issue.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Great issue, loved seeing The Order coming together, especially with the confirmation that Julia's Madame Web powers have returned. Wish Bagley had drawn this whole arc.
    Same that’s my only complaint about this run to many rotating artist I would be ok if it’s a different artist per arc but not every other issue