Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Man, there was a LOT to digest here, and I know I cant write about it all here because my written english is wonky However, I will try !

So, we see Miles indeed remembers 1610!Goblin, and how he was the catalyst for him becoming Spiderman back in his Earth (still wondering why he cant fully remember 1610!Goblin in his own book tho lmao)
    Also, he is pretty right regarding Norman and how he is the definition of a multiversal constant (of evilness)
    Gwen's talk with Peter was nice, and I felt bad for both of them.. they went through so much, and lost many people they cared about..

Julia Carpenter appearance was unexpected, but welcomed same with Cindy, Jess and Anya !

Man, the whole squad is right regarding Norman, and about how people will die as long as he walks on earth..

I dont know what else to say, this issue was a solid 10/10 from me, and the wait for this arc conclusion in next issue will be slowly killing me heh

Yeah Miles not remembering Osborn or his universe gets flip flop between writers it seems
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    If the next issue really is the end of Sins Rising, I’m really curious as to how we can wrap up everything Sin-Eater related in one issue.
    Well, next issue is extra thicc. Add to that the Sins of Norman Osborn one shot that comes out next week, which oddly enough this issue didn't promote.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Well, next issue is extra thicc. Add to that the Sins of Norman Osborn one shot that comes out next week, which oddly enough this issue didn't promote.
    Does the Sin of Norman Osborn issue take ace after Amazing #48?

Dunno, but if it doesn't, it's gonna be weird releasing SoNO first and two weeks later #49.

Per the solocit, is in that issue that "The Order of the Wev is born", but we saw the order being formed this issue, so I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Dunno, but if it doesn't, it's gonna be weird releasing SoNO first and two weeks later #49.

Per the solocit, is in that issue that "The Order of the Wev is born", but we saw the order being formed this issue, so I dunno.
    Even stranger is the trade paperback has #48, Sins of Norman Osborn, and #49/850, all collected in Volume 10: Green Goblin Returns, despite being part of the "Sins Rising" arc.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Had to reread this again I enjoyed it so much. What a great build up to #850. What a great way to add something new to the age old Peter/Norman conflict. What a great way to naturally give us a situation where it seems there’s no right way, no right way to win.
    The way we view Norman through all the other characters is fantastic. It makes me wonder if we were meant to see a “sane” Norman here or if the original plan was for Norman to be locked up.

I hope next issue just shows us WHY Peter is the best. And I hope he proves it. A story about responsibility at its finest.

There's something fitting to me

spoilers:
    About the Order of the Web's role in this story basically being, more or less, to make things even more difficult for Peter.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's something fitting to me

spoilers:
    About the Order of the Web's role in this story basically being, more or less, to make things even more difficult for Peter.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, reading the preview a few days ago it seemingly comes out of nowhere but with the whole context it actually does make sense bringing them in right now. Well done, Nick Spencer! I bet he enjoyed throwing in that one panel catering to Bagley's Ultimate days.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Did he? I think I bought that TPB and never got around to reading it.
    I would highly recommend it. It's a really interesting and great distillation of Spider-Man's story if he'd aged in real time.

That said, this issue was also great, and I utterly loved the moral dilemma presented here with the longstanding blood feud between Peter and Norman. Is what Sin-Eater is doing to all those criminals and villains right? Probably not. Are they less of a threat to innocent people because of what he did? For now, yes. To wit, should Peter leave Norman to Sin-Eater to neutralize him, knowing full well that Norman will otherwise go on to end and/or ruin more innocent lives in his never-ending quest to attain more power for himself and inflict more suffering on Peter? That's definitely a doozy.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 09-09-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I do wonder who Norman is going to kill next thats significant to Peter cause they picture Aunt May and MJ
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I would highly recommend it. It's a really interesting and great distillation of Spider-Man's story if he'd aged in real time.

That said, this issue was also great, and I utterly loved the moral dilemma presented here with the longstanding blood feud between Peter and Norman. Is what Sin-Eater is doing to all those criminals and villains right? Probably not. Are they less of a threat to innocent people because of what he did? For now, yes. To wit, should Peter leave Norman to Sin-Eater to neutralize him, knowing full well that Norman will otherwise go on to end and/or ruin more innocent lives in his never-ending quest to attain more power for himself and inflict more suffering on Peter? That's definitely a doozy.
    It wouldn't really be Peter or Spider-Man if he did, though. As illogical as it is.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I do wonder who Norman is going to kill next thats significant to Peter cause they picture Aunt May and MJ
    Doesn't have to be either of them, though Norman did try both in the past if you go by Marvel Knights: Spider-Man #1-12. Also, as Go Down Swinging showed at the end, Osborn could kill some random person on the street for the pure, undiluted hell of it and Peter would still take it personally, because he actually gives a damn about people's lives in general, not just the lives of those closest to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It wouldn't really be Peter or Spider-Man if he did, though. As illogical as it is.
    Exactly.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Man, there was a LOT to digest here, and I know I cant write about it all here because my written english is wonky However, I will try !

So, we see Miles indeed remembers 1610!Goblin, and how he was the catalyst for him becoming Spiderman back in his Earth (still wondering why he cant fully remember 1610!Goblin in his own book tho lmao)
    Original schedule

April #17
    May #18
    June #19
    July #20
    August #21
    September #22

New post-lockdown schedule

June #17
    September #18
    October #19
    November #20
    December #21
    January #22

Miles's book is four months behind where it should be.

ASM meanwhile....

Original schedule

April #43 and #44
    May #45 and #46
    June #47 and #48
    July #49 and #50

New schedule

May #43
    July #44 and #45
    August #46 and #47
    September #48 and #49

Only two months behind. Which means two more issues of Miles Morales should've been out before this issue of ASM. And I bet he gets his full memory restored in those issues.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    That stupid follower of the Sin-Eater said his master was to end up what Spider-Man never could. AS IF!!! If it was so easy to punish Osborn, I'm pretty sure the Punisher would have done it right after Dark Reign. I would personally like to see the Sin-Eater trying to do his thing to Osborn. Why?, easy, Norman Osborn's list of sins must be longer than we can imagine. So, what if the Sin-Eater ends up biting off more than he can chew? Pretty sure he would get an "indigestion" with Osborn's sins, and Osborn would still have enough to stay practically the same.
    Nah, they did that back in Axis with Carnage, it would have to be something new.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

What an issue this was. Loved everything about it, specially Peter's talk with Gwen.

ASM #850 has everything to be one for the ages!