Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Your one tweak can be as big or small as you'd like them to be. If that one change has a domino effect that causes other changes, that's smart tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Superman: The Movie: Move the reversing time power to the second film like the original plan was.
    I was tempted to do that too, but I think it leaves the first movie without a strong enough ending. The Phantom Zone criminals escaping would have been a great cliffhanger, but the first movie needed that extra emotional oomph of Superman losing his @#!: after failing to save Lois, just as he failed to save Pa Kent

That said, I have no idea what kind of ending Superman II should have had. The death of Lois and turning back time would have been a great ending

I'd probably have Manchester Black and the Elite as the antagonist for Superman Returns.

I'd probably make Mercy Graves a former Amazon who left the island.

I'd have Clark save Pa Kent during the Tornado scene.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-06-2020 at 09:45 AM.

I would have cast Henry Cavil as Zod and Micheal Shannon as Superman.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

STM: Not much I'd change,except maybe do something to increase Lex's menace, decrease the goofiness a bit. I don't know how to do that without eliminating Otis or Ms. Techmacher.

SUPERMAN II: have Donner finish his movie would be the most obvious one. In lieu of that maybe move the midwest carnage with the zoners to Washington DC as in the stuff Selutron did (google Selutron Superman II).

III: the supercomputer is firmly an early version of BRAINIAC.

IV: give the film makers a damn budget. Also make Nuclear Man Bizarro played also by Chris Reeve.

SR: knowing what we know now,Not hire Bryan Singer. In Lieu of that....cast someone other than Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane.

MOS: include the Jonathan/Clark deer hunting scene that would better establish Supes aversion to taking life.

BvS: cut out the JL cameos but otherwise make the Ultimate Cut the actual theatrical cut. The theatrical cut is a mess.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 09-06-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Retired

Show Mark Pillow some love.

Internet Movie Database bio. and trivia:

Mark Pillow was born on April 14, 1959 in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England as Mark Jeremy Pillow. He is an actor, known for Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987), Wiseguy (1987) and Alaska Kid (1993). He has been married to Magdalena Barbara Plate since November 23, 1992. They have two children.
    Originally there were two Nuclear Men in Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987). Mark played the second Nuclear Man, while the original Nuclear Man was played by British actor Clive Mantle, who proved to be ineffective and was quickly destroyed by Superman (Christopher Reeve), with Mark being the improved version reforged from the remains of the first Nuclear Man. All of Mantle's footage and virtually all references to him were cut from the theatrical version of the film, leaving Mark as the only Nuclear Man. The original Nuclear Man was also infatuated with Lacey Warfield (Mariel Hemingway) and the second Nuclear Man remembered her, which is why he goes after her in the film's climax.

He was born in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, to an American father, from Baytown, Texas, and an English mother, from Hessle, Yorkshire. The family settled in Spring, Texas.

Learned to skydive at California City Parachute Club and made several dozen jumps.

Was a Chippendale's Dancer in Los Angeles.

Mark sustained a broken foot in one of the takes, during the moon fight climax in Superman IV.
    Announcement for his appearance at the Dallas Comic Show, August 25 - 26, 2018:

In 1987, Christopher Reeve put on the cape one last time to star in SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE, and his nemesis in the film was a monstrosity created by Lex Luthor called “Nuclear Man”, played by newcomer Mark Pillow. These two had a fierce battle across the world in even and outer space, culminating to a climactic fight on our moon. While SUPERMAN IV is known for having budget issues and certain production woes at the time of its release, it’s become a cult classic in recent years, and the spirit of what Reeve was trying to do with the film is still admirable. Nuclear Man has also become a cult favorite character among fans, and even just made a cameo appearance in the Brian Michael Bendis-written SUPERMAN #2 from DC Comics. We’re very honored to have Mark Pillow make a rare signing appearance at Dallas Comic Show’s Fantasy Festival this August 25-26!
    A former model standing 6′ 4 with an imposing frame, Mark was hired to portray Nuclear Man in SUPERMAN IV in 1987, and even attended the Royal Premiere with Prince Charles and Lady Diana at the time. He also appeared in the popular TV series WISEGUY, and starred in the title role of the German / Russian / Polish television series ALASKA KID based on Jack London’s 1912 short story anthology. These days Mark is retired from acting and deals in upscale wine, working with some of the finest and most prestigious wines in the world. Don’t miss your chance to meet him in person at the show, we’re very happy he’s making time to join us!

Superman The Movie

A more serious take on Lex Luthor.

Superman II

Have Richard Donner finish the movie he'd already shot 75%, obviously.
    Can't argue with that.

Superman III

Hire a better script writer.

Superman IV

This one's easy. Give the film a real budget, rather than cutting it in half right before filming. I don't know if this would have made for a good film, but it might at least be watchable.
    Works for me.

Superman Returns

Have a villain Superman can fight, Brainiac probably.

Man of Steel

Never hire Snyder or let him within a hundred miles of making a Superman film.

Superman The Movie

The movie worked so well it is hard to make any changes. But, for the theatrical version, I would put in the scene where Superman goes to hug Jor-El only to face the reality that this is a highly sophisticate program and he's really been alone in the Fortress for twelve years.

Superman II

There are so many things I could invoke, all of which happen in the last few minutes such as Superman going back for revenge or the whole thing of following his parents' orders when the first movie culminated in breaking free and becoming his own person. But I'll go with the Amnesia Kiss. This is noty just the whole questionable ethos of it but that it marks the moment the Reset button was hit and I knew the story wasn't going to progress and the Lois relationship wasn't going anywhere

Superman III
    Brainiac as the villain which changes everything.

Superman IV

A real budget would indeed have helped. I don't need to eliminate another mind rape since eliminating it in Superman II means the Lois relationship is very different and has progressed.

Superman Returns

Superman not leaving Earth on a Fool's errand. I can't throw in two things but, with the changes in the previous movies, Clark and Lois would be long married and the child could be theirs.

Man of Steel

I think Jonathan Kent saying that, of course, Clark should have saved the kids but he's just terrified of what will happen if people find out what Clark can do and he needs to do things more subtly would have made a tremendous difference.

Batman vs. Superman

I don't think one change can save this but spend some real time showing why Superman is so beloved by people.

Justice League

Don't be in such a rush to catch up and have your big team movie. By default, that means doing solo movies for all the characters first. By that time, Snyder would have been ready but the way the movies were done might have evolved.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Superman The Movie

A more serious take on Lex Luthor.

Superman II

Can't argue with that.

Superman III

Hire a better script writer.

Superman IV

Works for me.

Superman Returns

Have a villain Superman can fight, Brainiac probably.

Man of Steel

Never hire Snyder or let him within a hundred miles of making a Superman film.
    I like your solution. Never putting Snyder on a Superman project changes everything right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I like your solution. Never putting Snyder on a Superman project changes everything right there.
    To be fair, and I say this as someone with a strong dislike of the films: Snyder would have been fine as director of cinematography. Just not the "main" director.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    To be fair, and I say this as someone with a strong dislike of the films: Snyder would have been fine as director of cinematography. Just not the "main" director.
    Absolutely. As much as I disagree with the choices Snyder made with Superman, his movies are visually stunning. People often tend to forget that Man of Steel upped the ante for superhero visual storytelling that forced Marvel to become more ambitious.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Visually, MOS had a lot going for it. The action scene in Smallville was better than anything that came out of the sequel.

I think the Jonathan Kent stuff (specifically making it more clear he doesn't mean the "maybe" line and the nature of his death) or the neck snap would be what I'd change in MOS. Ideally both. Without those divisive elements, I think we'd be closer to a clear hit Superman needed and still needs on the cinematic front.

And follow it up with a better, solo sequel with someone else in the directors chair.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Definitely. He would have been great as the cinematographer.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Superman 1: The whole spinning the whole world back in time thing.

Superman 2:
    Him throwing the villains into the pit. Just put them back in the zone.

Superman 3: The entire plot. Make Brainiac the main villain like he was supposed to be.

Superman 4: Making it at all.

Superman Returns: He stays with Lois and helps raise his son.

MOS: This one can't be fixed with one tweak. The entire version is the problem.
    Assassinate Putin!