Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think Dark Reign wasn't maximized enough. We needed more time (they could have easily got another 2 years out of it). I also felt Diggle using Songbird to "get the band back together" was never fully realised/ended.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

The country island of Utopia/Atlantis I like that they kept taking in many nonhuman types of outcasts and have them living in citystate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Kang Dynasty. This wasn't an event either but there should have been greater and longer lasting ramifications. The guy conquered Earth and had the Avengers surrender.
    This, screw Civil War and Genosha.

As others have already noted the Inhumans presiding over the Kree (especially after they actually won more wars on panel beating the Shi'ar and technically leading the normal front against the cancerverse in Thanos Imperative), but I would also note the idea of the Universal Inhumans.

Red She-Hulk Agent of the remnants of the TRUE "Shield" organization by Jeff Parker

Scarlet Spider, hero of Houston and his awesome supporting cast as written Yost.

Captain Britain and MI13.

Ultimate Captain Marvel (Mahr-Vel) seriously THE best Ultimate redesign and they waste it for years before killing him off. The cartoon Avenger:EMH did more with it and the character then the comics is just a testament to bad editorial oversight.

Most quality teen superhero books, such as The Runaways, Avengers Academy, some would argue Avengers Arena/Undercover, Young Avengers, Young Allies, etc.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I agree with a lot of these, but these are ones that I found disappointing

• Crystal and Ronan's marriage. It's one of the few things I didn't like about Hickman's Fantastic Four. I wonder if it was mandated though.
    • Every time Johnny Storm grew into early manhood. He was married once, even if it was to a Skrull! But many writers chose to regress him, starting with Mark Waid.

Dark Reign has been mentioned and I do agree that in particular the Cabal was an idea that never really took off. But even before that here are a few other things that were developing with Doctor Doom but got dropped for one reason or another:

At the end of the Sub-Mariner mini "Revolution", Namor accepted Doom's offer and took refuge in Latveria along with a portion on the Atlantean army.
    In Brubaker's Death of Captain America, Doom agreed to provide the time gun in exchange for some information that the Red Skull's operatives discovered in the ruins of an old German castle, showing a ruler known as the Baron of Iron who built a robotic army. Brubaker was going to have a follow up time travel story with Cap, Bucky and Doom but dropped it when it looked like the Avengers/Invaders series was too similar

BANNED

Genis-Vell and Phyla-Vell both were great characters that got killed off before they could realize their full potential.

Insane Scarlet Witch there was a ton of potential for Marvel to finally have a female villain, but instead all we got was 6 years of silence and a poorly executed reset button.

Crystal and Ronan's marriage shouldn't have ended, and the Inhumans ruling over the Kree also shouldn't have ended so fast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree with a lot of these, but these are ones that I found disappointing

• Crystal and Ronan's marriage. It's one of the few things I didn't like about Hickman's Fantastic Four. I wonder if it was mandated though.
    • Every time Johnny Storm grew into early manhood. He was married once, even if it was to a Skrull! But many writers chose to regress him, starting with Mark Waid.

Dark Reign has been mentioned and I do agree that in particular the Cabal was an idea that never really took off. But even before that here are a few other things that were developing with Doctor Doom but got dropped for one reason or another:

At the end of the Sub-Mariner mini "Revolution", Namor accepted Doom's offer and took refuge in Latveria along with a portion on the Atlantean army.
    In Brubaker's Death of Captain America, Doom agreed to provide the time gun in exchange for some information that the Red Skull's operatives discovered in the ruins of an old German castle, showing a ruler known as the Baron of Iron who built a robotic army. Brubaker was going to have a follow up time travel story with Cap, Bucky and Doom but dropped it when it looked like the Avengers/Invaders series was too similar
    That was done by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning from the Inhuman's secret Invasion tie in and War of Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Genis-Vell and Phyla-Vell both were great characters that got killed off before they could realize their full potential.

Insane Scarlet Witch there was a ton of potential for Marvel to finally have a female villain, but instead all we got was 6 years of silence and a poorly executed reset button.

Crystal and Ronan's marriage shouldn't have ended, and the Inhumans ruling over the Kree also shouldn't have ended so fast.

How about no. I'll agree with the rest though.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

- All of the stuff Claremont had up his sleeve when Lee took over.

- Civil War and Secret Invasion were huge events that should have had a lot of thought of story beats. The latter was especially bad for being extremely decompressed and then immediately resolving.

It was worse for the fallout arcs. Initiative, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, and the Heroic Age as eras started and stopped abruptly to meet the events. There was a massive amount of detail to go into, but it was basically like a pro-wrestling match where one guy just wins a fight by surprise and the whole line changes. Tony as Director of SHIELD was a great idea with a poor finish, and we never really got into the conspiracy he alluded to in Mighty Avengers.

- Last year, the Dark Avengers formed, as did a team led by Red She-Hulk, but they're both pretty much gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post

Captain Britain and MI13.
    At least MI13 is still around, though. Check out this week's X-Force.

BANNED

Another one I would like to add is Carol Danvers as Binary she never should have been nerfed as Binary she was a contender and had a amazing costume imo it is still her best costume, but as Binary she only made guest appearances and as soon as she the Avengers she was nerfed...

Superior Spider-Man should have just replaced Amazing Spider-Man permanently because it was awesome, and I am sick of Peter Parker.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 08-16-2014 at 10:13 AM.