Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
You're right about that. I was more thinking about the character concept behind Veronica Cale than her actual history in comics.
Even then, I'm not so sure. I can't picture a woman climbing that far while and being an ally to Batman if she if shares some of the same basic views as Veronica in canon without being villainous. If she's defending the patriarchy and capitalism, I don't think Bruce would care for her. There aren't many among the upper class in Gotham he actually likes. If she got that far while wanting to also dismantle the system with her new position, she'd be an ally to both him and Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
I disagree. I view Veronica Cale as the true spiritual successor to Paula von Gunther, who is pretty much unworkable for modern Wonder Woman, as she is tied so strongly to the Second World War. She also has a character concept—the woman who has succeeded within patriarchy and acts as its defender—that is uniquely suited to Wonder Woman.
I've come around to siding with this as well. At this point, since Veronica now has a daughter whose plight motivates her to villainy (and doesn't automatically redeem her when resolved), she's become the modern equivalent of Paula.

Priscilla Rich and Paula survive into the modern day within Barbara Ann and Veronica respectively. As those two villains never received clearly defined/distinct Earth-1 counterparts anyway (not like Lex did between his Silver and Golden Age selves), I think it's fair to use them as the new prime Earth versions while old school Priscilla and Paula can exist on Earth-2.