Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What Has Never Been Reprinted (in color) That You'd Like To See?

That's the question. DC has never reprinted this (that you know of) in color (so the Showcase collections don't count) in any form. Trade, Omnibus, any kind of anthology.

To start, I'd love to see an omnibus collecting all the DC adventure stories (I can skip the humor and funny animals) from the 1930's (beginning at the beginning in 1935), excluding Superman & Batman, which we've already had.

BANNED

DC is still dragging its feet and hemming and hawing over a trade release of the 1992 Straziewski-Parobeck "Justice Society of America" run. They promised it years ago and have never delivered - and show no signs of ever doing so. (I have the original floppies, and love 'em. But you do have to grant the basic premise of "The Over-the-Hill Gang, Superhero Style", and if you didn't like those Westerns, well....)

Don't think Eric Luke's run on Wonder Woman has even been collected, would be interested to see that collected if only to fit in the post-Crisis collection gaps and it's only about 20 issues.

Atari Force.
    Which will likely never happen because Atari owns the name of the team, the logo design that was on the original cast and likely the original characters that appeared in the mini-comic, while DC (AFAIK) owns all the other characters created during the ongoing series.

Dynamite had mentioned getting an agreement to reprint the series when they were sought out by Atari to do some comics a few years ago.
    But it was quickly forgotten about when Atari or Dynamite bailed out due to the poor reception of the new books.
    And I also suspect that there was no agreement made about Atari Force and Dynamite was just trying to hype up the new books.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Don't think Eric Luke's run on Wonder Woman has even been collected, would be interested to see that collected if only to fit in the post-Crisis collection gaps and it's only about 20 issues.
    This is also on my short wish list. We're so close to getting the entirety of WW vol. 2 collected...

The rest of my wish list is simply made up of orphaned series (PAD's Aquaman and Supergirl, Ostrander's Martian Manhunter and The Spectre... etc).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

There was a Vertigo mini, the Trenchcoat Brigade. I missed getting it when it first came out and always hoped to get the trade.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member

Most of the backup stories that appeared in the 70s -- featuring the likes of Rose and the Thorn, the Atom, Elongated Man, Black Orchid, Zatanna, Green Arrow, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This is also on my short wish list. We're so close to getting the entirety of WW vol. 2 collected...

The rest of my wish lit is simply made up of orphaned series (PAD's Aquaman and Supergirl, Ostrander's Martian Manhunter and The Spectre... etc).
    Ostrander's Spectre would probably top my list actually. Annoys my inner completion-ist only two collections were ever done and I had to get the rest digitally.

Arak, Son of Thunder. Roy Thomas, Tony Dezuniga, Ernie Colon and Alfredo Alcala, what's not to like? I suspect there would be sensitivities around the concept in today's market however.

I don't think Warlord vol. 1 ever got a complete reprint. Again, maybe not the most popular material.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    That's the question. DC has never reprinted this (that you know of) in color (so the Showcase collections don't count) in any form. Trade, Omnibus, any kind of anthology.

To start, I'd love to see an omnibus collecting all the DC adventure stories (I can skip the humor and funny animals) from the 1930's (beginning at the beginning in 1935), excluding Superman & Batman, which we've already had.
    Good call out on Showcase :P This was the first that popped my mind. I like it but I'd love the same book in color.

Oh well, its probably a take it in B&W or not at all thing.

I'd like to see DC reprint the second iteration of the classic Firestorm series, especially the issues that led to Lorraine Reilly becoming Firehawk.

THE FURY OF FIRESTORM THE NUCLEAR MAN!
    By Conway and Broderick,
    s-l640.jpg

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I don't suppose we'll ever see DC reprint the remainder of Peter Milligan's Shade the Changing Man series.

(19 issues out of 70 were collected)

While not high on my list of stuff I want to track down and read, perhaps the Jerry Prosser run of Animal Man - if only to just have the entirety of the Animal Man book that began with Morrison collected.

Alan Grant's The Demon run - the Garth Ennis run that followed his was fully collected (probably in part due to Garth's name recognition) but alas this preceding run was not and does not appear to be available on digital services either.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 09-04-2020 at 02:48 PM.

DC challenge. Why is this not in any trade?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The dell looney tunes, tom and jerry and hanna barbera comics. Why has dc not reprinted these? We only got one reprint of a few dell bugs comics and a barney bear trade and that's it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    While not high on my list of stuff I want to track down and read, perhaps the Jerry Prosser run of Animal Man - if only to just have the entirety of the Animal Man book that began with Morrison collected.
    I'd actually buy this as well. Even though it ended up an incomprehensible mess at the end, I'm willing to fork over $20-25 to have the complete series in trade.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES