Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

My guess is the Batman and Wonder Woman Vol. 3's will be released and that will be it for the line. I didn't even realize Green Lantern Vol. 2 had been released.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Titans sucks. WW is an interesting exploration of the Marston Golden Age WW, but it ultimately fell short of being “great” for me.
    I thought volume 1 of Titans wasn't bad, but volume 2 was a mess, too much going on. Perfect description of WW, it was an interesting take, overall I enjoyed the 2 volumes, Volume 1 slightly over the 2nd volume.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I thought it was interesting that the Titans became the Runaways and the book didn't do much with it. Super disappointing.

I think the Earth One books that are well into the pipeline will appear, but I also think that the Earth One label will be superfluous to "new DC", which I guess will put less emphasis on continuity and continuous storytelling.

Simply put, Earth One will have less value as marketing label for DC in the future. I also think that DC will try to cull down the amount of mini-labels they have.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They sold pretty well at first. They were even best sellers. But I have no idea what their more recent numbers are. Especially since there haven't been that many lately. Part of the problem is the fact that they let them come out on their own schedules. So you end up with something like five to ten years between volumes. This is the ten year anniversary of the first EO Superman book and there have been less than a dozen in all that time. New 52 creating a whole universe of 20 something super-heroes didn't help.
    Yeah, I should have mentioned that the first Superman Earth One series also did well. It's crazy to think that it first came out 10 years ago now. That also makes sense that the New 52 was meant to be a new gateway into the comics and it kind of overshadowed what the Earth One series were meant to be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'm guessing the sales on these books weren't that great? I know the Batman Earth One books sold well, but with how DC is focusing more on OGNs and other original stories you'd think they would want to fast track more Earth One books if it was a big success for them. So it makes me think the Earth One line wasn't meeting expectations. Some Earth One books like the Teen Titans one came and went and don't get talked about at all anymore.
    I keep forgetting the Titans Earth One books were even a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I thought it was interesting that the Titans became the Runaways and the book didn't do much with it. Super disappointing.
    Never really thought about the TT book like that, but there are similarities to The Runaways.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I keep forgetting the Titans Earth One books were even a thing.
    So did DC. Far as I know, there's no third one in the works.
    Assassinate Putin!

https://www.gamesradar.com/more-dc-e...dBnCS8D2545jbs

Batman Earth One Volume 3 releasing "very soon". Other titles in the works. Aguaman? Flash? Looks like the line is still alive and well.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post

Batman Earth One Volume 3 releasing "very soon". Other titles in the works. Aguaman? Flash? Looks like the line is still alive and well.
    Aguaman? Is Aquaman spanish in the Earth One continuity?

BANNED

The Prestige of this line is still alive, so it will be stupid if this line is cancelled.

Si' Lol. Thanks, I didn't even notice I misspelled Aquaman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post

I wonder if it will be out before the end of the year.
    Assassinate Putin!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/wond...aquette-leaks/

Wonder Woman Volume 3 out in March 2021!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Black Label being shuttered probably means this line may get revitalized since BL kind of took its premise and expanded it with respect to "out of continuity takes on the characters meant to be evergreen stories we can't do in the usual manner."