Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Can The Umbrella Academy take down the Seven?

So with the upgrades that the Umbrella Academy member's got in season 2 can they take down the seven from the boys tv show?
    Last edited by JohnDiggle; 09-04-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Assuming A-Train is healthy for this match, either he or Homelander slaughter them. If not, then Homelander does it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Assuming A-Train is healthy for this match, either he or Homelander slaughter them. If not, then Homelander does it.
    Are Homelander's speedfeats enough to blitz "I react to a tank shell moving at 5x the speed of sound AFTER it's fired from 15m away and to supersonic bullets fired from inches away also after they are fired" Vanya before she annihilates him? He definitely lacks the feats required to tank what she can do.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Homelanders only real speed feat is the off-screen "grab butcher before the explosion hits him" move. the man has super speed, he is just.... really lazy it seems.

Bloodlusted he should be using his speed, that and A'trains speed Vanya should not really be able to deal with both of em at once.
    Stormfront is also another big deal.

If Five could have learned to not only reverse time but also stop it i would give it to umbrella. as it stands now, the reversing time just means they get to get killed twice. he cannot warn vanya fast enough of a flanking attack from A-train or Homelander. so he cant do anything.

If Vanya is fast enough to react then she kills all the seven but Homelander, but im not sure she can kill him faster then he can just laser her.

That was the reason for my question. I know that Homelander has speed. I know that people who are really tough and powerful and scary in their own rights urinate themselves when Homelander starts to get slightly riled up. He just doesn't really use the speed, because, at least through the end of S1, he never really has so. There is the Butcher scene, and there is him flying a search grid looking for Translucent.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

In season 2 we learn that the baby was found safe miles away. So he managed to save both Butcher and the baby after an explosion went off. He's hella fast.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    In season 2 we learn that the baby was found safe miles away. So he managed to save both Butcher and the baby after an explosion went off. He's hella fast.
    Yup, safe in a yard 17 miles away.

I know that he's got SOME speed stuff, it's just that Vanya does casually react to tank shells and high-power bullets post-firing as mentioned above, and all she needs to do is react to insta-slaughter Homelander and A-Train and anyone else in the Seven. Hopefully we get better, clearer feats at some point for the Seven. To be fair, they don't need them to make a good series, and they have no need or interest in catering to the 7 of us who care about this on the Internet.

How good of a durability feat is that btw? Considering he showed up later dirty but apparently uninjured.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

How good of a durability feat is that btw? Considering he showed up later dirty but apparently uninjured.
    I just started S2, so I don't want to watch things out of order, but I'm anxious to see something concrete for Homelander.

As far as durability feats go, it's good. It's nice mainly because now we have something to go off of other than Homelander allegedly being immune to every conceivable weapon, which, given how it took Homelander nearly four minutes to rejoin his comrades, seems to be hyperbolic.

Though now Homelander has to join the Speedster's Club most vexing problem: He could've easily dodged that falling bus but chose not to because the plot demanded. Likewise, I think the same applies to the White Violin, so they're even.

Also HAl has lasers that have insane speed and reach.

In S1 he did fly off and killed that plane pretty instantly while pretending latter it was a wreck.

In character he is a lazy bastard who never applied himself because he never had to.

Also A Train is hell a fast.

In a situation where Vanya is running interference, Allison could probably take this all by her lonesome.

I'm trying to come up with an instance where any one of The Seven have an out there, but I don't know that they do.

Never mind an out where Vanya and Number Five are running interference.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    In a situation where Vanya is running interference, Allison could probably take this all by her lonesome.

I'm trying to come up with an instance where any one of The Seven have an out there, but I don't know that they do.

Never mind an out where Vanya and Number Five are running interference.
    Except A-Train or Homelander would rip Alison’s throat out before she could breathe “I heard...”.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    As far as durability feats go, it's good. It's nice mainly because now we have something to go off of other than Homelander allegedly being immune to every conceivable weapon, which, given how it took Homelander nearly four minutes to rejoin his comrades, seems to be hyperbolic.

Though now Homelander has to join the Speedster's Club most vexing problem: He could've easily dodged that falling bus but chose not to because the plot demanded. Likewise, I think the same applies to the White Violin, so they're even.
    From a story standpoint, I do think him being immune to all weapons can still hold up. Butcher explictly noted it would take time for Homelander to dig himself out, which is a comment on his strength. I never read the comic, but in the TV show everyone seems way more durable than they do strong. Noir tanked a building destroying explosion, starlight only get winded by assault rifles, kimiko gets thrown 100 feet, Maeve tank a truck crashing into her, etc.

The only truly wild strength feat is the A-Train pushing of a train. But the dude was so amped on compound V he had a heart attack...and I figurr it was speed helping him with thr push somehow. So say one spots homelander that strength (he also seemed to think he coukd perhaps support a plane) and being generous with how much concrete collpased on top of him due to the bus (say around what MCU spidey had in Homeconing), and it's ok. Would take him a min or 2 to get free..
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 09-06-2020 at 03:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Homelander could solo this, just laser them to death. A-Train could do the same by just running through them all a super speed.