Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm not up on the latest Kara Zor-El lore. How can she be mentally older? I thought she was in stasis or some such thing, so she didn't age a day. Are you saying that she was aware the whole time--awake and mentally advancing even as she stayed paralyzed--like someone in a locked in state? What a horror tale!
    After looking at my comment what I should have said is that she knows more about Krypton and sciences than Clark since she was born and raised in Krypton where they are scientifically evolved society while Clark was also born on Krypton but was nurture on Earth when he arrived as a newborn infant.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    well by the same logic, if there was one rocket (kal-el's) then why not 2? or 3? or enough for krypton's entire populace?
    I figure Jor-El was percieved as a apokoliptic conspiracy theorist, but he just happened to actually be right. So he had just enough time and resources to build a one-person rocket, and maybe also enough to get through to his brother (who he may not have gotten along with but family is family) and scape enough for one more rocket.
    If they really wanted to they could even say that the reason Kara's rocket malfunctioned and threw her into stasis was because Zor-El was so rushed trying to scrape together the parts to make her rocket hers was not as well built as Kal's which is why it was damaged in the first place while Kal's wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Kinda prefer her being chronologically older. Just so she can remember Krypton as it was clearly, as its an intriguing difference between her and Clark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I prefer Kara being the one with the strongest connection to Krypton....

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like that she's actually lived as a Kryptonian, among Kryptonians, and has memories of that, while Kal, who may be physically older, only knows of Krypton from memory downloads and history files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think having Supergirl actually raised on Krypton as a child is an important part of making her different from Superman. It should make her view on things different as she should be much more alien than Clark every will be
    Yeah that's easily achieved by having Argo where Kara grew up, an adrift satellite of Krypton which contains all it's culture and tech (only later succumbed to what they discover is Kryptonite radiation and/meteor bombardment).
    Having grown up in it, still makes her distinct ( and more alien) from Clark.
    Clark shares his Earth upbringing and experience with her and she by contrast can share her more Kryptonian experience and upbringing with him, which is the relationship you want.
    There is no need to unnecessarily convolute and make her older than Superman to achieve that.
    I mean if that is your only justification for making her older, then yeah it's not needed.

As a satellite city it's both simultaneously cut off from the immediate destruction, yet also inevitably succumbs to the same
    Keeping Superman's origin intact, yet adding the time needed for Kara to grow up and come of age in it.
    Her parents "discovery" of how Jor-El saved his son, should read as exactly that, a discovery (a cover-up if it serves the narrative) . Hence the later reaction and his reverse engineering to replicate the save, for his own daughter.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-12-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Same here, I vastly prefer her Pre-Crisis history, age range, and overall characterization.
    Yeah me too. She felt more like she had her own mythology with Argo , Streaky, Comet ect. She would still have her connection to Krypton because unlike Kal she would grow up among other Kryptonians on Argo.

The age thing I could go either way on but it's really never added anything to the character imo and makes her too similar to Power-Girl.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Whichever’s the opposite of Powergirl’s origin.
    This one and I want them to be sisters... wait, that will automatically make Power Girl the older one. So there ya go.

Retired

Didn't they essentially steal from the Power Girl origin to come up with the new Supergirl origin?