Default Eva-01 (Evangelion) vs Voltron (Voltron: The Legendary Defender)

Setting/Location: New Tokyo

Victory Conditions: Death of the opposing character

Motivation: Motivated to kill

Equipment: Standard Equipment

Preparation N/A

Continuity/Canon: The original anime voltron anime for the voltron mecha and the neon genesis evangelion anime for eva-01
    Last edited by Bob74h; 09-05-2020 at 04:57 PM.

God, its been forever since I've watched Voltron. What were it's best feats?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Legendary Voltron is... weird, it kept on getting new forms like every 3 episodes in last 2 seasons, which expanded its abilities to something like being able to survive reality-warping on a universal scale or some ****. It's really strange, to say the least.

If this is old-school Voltron, then the only thing that's keeping Shinji alive in this fight is his AT field.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

“ Form Blazing Sword!”

Show hi: Why do I hear Boss music playing?!

Spectacular Member

Wait, is this Voltron from the recent cartoon or the original anime?

I don't know much about the old show, but in the new one, Voltron had enough offensive power that I wouldn't count on Shinji's AT field keeping it out forever, and took hits well enough that I can't see EVA-01 dropping it quickly, even without merging it with the starship like in the last few episodes. When Voltron did that, well, I don't think that it encountered outright reality warping, but it did survive being inside at least one reality when it was destroying, so still pretty damn impressive.
    Last edited by Fallman; 09-06-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post

I don't know much about the old show, but in the new one, Voltron had enough offensive power that I wouldn't count on Shinji's AT field keeping it out forever, and took hits well enough that I can't see EVA-01 dropping it quickly.
    The OP says that this is the original anime, but the title really throws me off and makes me think of the recent version. Frankly, either version of Voltron could take out Shinji.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Shinji.
    Taking out Shinji is easy. The hard part comes when his mom gets involved and the EVA goes nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post

I don't know much about the old show, but in the new one, Voltron had enough offensive power that I wouldn't count on Shinji's AT field keeping it out forever, and took hits well enough that I can't see EVA-01 dropping it quickly, even without merging it with the starship like in the last few episodes. When Voltron did that, well, I don't think that it encountered outright reality warping, but it did survive being inside at least one reality when it was destroying, so still pretty damn impressive.
    I don’t know, I could have sworn there was some reality warping or something involving different realities or something. Eh, either way, the show became a dumpster fire at the end anyways