Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Red face Is there anyway where we can support " THIS HEROES" ?

Here is the list of Marvel Heroes who has the potential to become prominent with great storytelling and plot convience.

1. Nova (Richard Rider)
    2. Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
    3. Doctor Voodoo
    4. Mockingbird
    5. Wonder Man
    6. Iron Fist
    7. Hank Pym
    8. Thunderbolts
    9. Champions
    10. Blue Marvel

So far, all I can say is that they're underrated and neither being used much in Marvel these days. Hopeful everyone could express their opinions which Marvel characters you wish to see more of them.

Astonishing Member

Nope. They can't become prominent without replacing heroes with bigger followings, and that's basically suicide.

Nova is in Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Champions do have a book. The Thunderbolts seem to be relaunching for the King in Black event. The other seven would be well served by the launch of a new Avengers spin-off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The industry is contracting with less and less titles being published. The only way for these characters to catch on is to add them as members of one of the existing team books. That's going to be Avengers primarily, since X-Men are restricted to mutants only. (Ironic, isn't it?) While Marvel used to do the shared universe thing quite well, I don't know if fans have the same appreciation for it. So while someone like Blue Marvel could fit well in a Fantastic Four, Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America or X-Men book, you won't ever see a grassroots campaign from any of those fanbases calling for that kind of character addition. So Blue Marvel remains sidelined until a new team book can be created that includes him. It's the same thing for the other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Here is the list of Marvel Heroes who has the potential to become prominent with great storytelling and plot convience.

1. Nova (Richard Rider)
    2. Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
    3. Doctor Voodoo
    4. Mockingbird
    5. Wonder Man
    6. Iron Fist
    7. Hank Pym
    8. Thunderbolts
    9. Champions
    10. Blue Marvel

So far, all I can say is that they're underrated and neither being used much in Marvel these days. Hopeful everyone could express their opinions which Marvel characters you wish to see more of them.
    Dr Voodoo was in the last Uncanny Avengers run.
    Mockingbird was fairly well used in Slott's Spider-man run.

Blue Marvel was in something too until just recently. With Galactus ... I don't recall the name.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I agree with you on Nova. He’s a great character with great potential. Think he’s been misused but I have faith in Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Blue Marvel was in something too until just recently. With Galactus ... I don't recall the name.
    Ewing’s Ultimates.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I think Marvel missed an opportunity around the Dark Reign period with Songbird. She was great in Ellis’ Thunderbolts and I think fans wanted more. I think they real filed to strike whilst the iron was hot. She’s obviously shown up since then but I can’t remember the last time I saw her in a book.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The industry is contracting with less and less titles being published. The only way for these characters to catch on is to add them as members of one of the existing team books. That's going to be Avengers primarily, since X-Men are restricted to mutants only. (Ironic, isn't it?) While Marvel used to do the shared universe thing quite well, I don't know if fans have the same appreciation for it. So while someone like Blue Marvel could fit well in a Fantastic Four, Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America or X-Men book, you won't ever see a grassroots campaign from any of those fanbases calling for that kind of character addition. So Blue Marvel remains sidelined until a new team book can be created that includes him. It's the same thing for the other characters.
    It would be great to have Blue Marvel (and Monica Rambeau) lead a spin-off Fantastic Four team. Basically the same mission statement as the Ultimates, that book was great.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

If you email Marvel (mheroes/@/marvel.com) and ask for more books with these characters, it raises their chances of being featured. Also, the Champions have a miniseries coming up, so buying and supporting the book will help Marvel see that people want more of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    If you email Marvel (mheroes/@/marvel.com) and ask for more books with these characters, it raises their chances of being featured. Also, the Champions have a miniseries coming up, so buying and supporting the book will help Marvel see that people want more of the team.
    And this has always brought up an interesting debate. Is it better to support a book with a character you like but not the direction or ignore it completely and then ask for the character again after it gets cancelled.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It would be great to have Blue Marvel (and Monica Rambeau) lead a spin-off Fantastic Four team. Basically the same mission statement as the Ultimates, that book was great.
    I think Adam and Monica would fit right in with the FF's niche of stories. I would prefer that Adam have his own thing, his own team of infinites exploring the multiverse, but there are worse outcomes than heading up his own FF franchise. Part of me wonders if perhaps Blue Marvel appearing as Reed's proxy in the Dr. Doom series was the first step in a bigger plan to ingratiate the character to FF fans.

That said, Adam as depicted in Doom was probably the most inept version of the Blue Marvel that I've ever seen. If he is used again, I hope that the writer(s) take the time to first read Adam: Legend of Blue Marvel to get some sense of who he is, what his capabilities are and how best to grow the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I think Marvel missed an opportunity around the Dark Reign period with Songbird. She was great in Ellis’ Thunderbolts and I think fans wanted more. I think they real filed to strike whilst the iron was hot. She’s obviously shown up since then but I can’t remember the last time I saw her in a book.
    Al Ewing's New Avengers and Jim Zub's Thunderbolts were her last two books.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    It's an ongoing. The #1 (of 5) on the resolicit was apparently an error, and issue 2 didn't say (of 5) in the November solicits.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Al Ewing's New Avengers and Jim Zub's Thunderbolts were her last two books.
    With King in Black event coming in December and the reprint Thunderbolts is including in the banner " King in Black ", we would like to see a tie-in Thunderbolts book anytime soon.

Hopefully something will be announced in the next couple of days, solicits should be out on Thursday.