Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default younger than JL teams (YJ,TT,TITANS)

Hello,
    just read this thread:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Line-Up-Part-2!

I have to say it makes no sense for me..

For me the following would be better and more logical:

1. Young Justice:
    De-age Jon, make Damian Robin again and add Teen Lantern,Naomi,Iris West II...
    So you have the following Team:
    SUPERBOY: Jon
    ROBIN: Damian
    IMPULSE: Iris West II
    NAOMI
    TEEN LANTERN

SuperSons showed how Jon and Damian work together and Teen Lantern, Naomi, Impulse II would be better together with Jon as they have similar levels of experience.

2. Tims Generation:
    Bring here the TT formation back with Conner,Bart,Tim and Cassie age them up to 20 and give them their classic TT Line-up with Miss Martian,Raven...back.
    Add JL members who arent so much used like Jessica Cruz...

Give them a new Team-Name and Code-Names without Junior,Teen,-Boy,-Girl,-Lad....

So Tims Generation is like Nightwings Generation..

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    just read this thread:

1. Young Justice:
    NAOMI
    TEEN LANTERN

SuperSons showed how Jon and Damian work together and Teen Lantern, Naomi, Impulse II would be better together with Jon as they have similar levels of experience.

2. Tims Generation:
    Bring here the TT formation back with Conner,Bart,Tim and Cassie age them up to 20 and give them their classic TT Line-up with Miss Martian,Raven...back.

Give them a new Team-Name and Code-Names without Junior,Teen,-Boy,-Girl,-Lad....

Nightwings Generation is already like Nightwings Generation. And it barely works out for them. If Bart and Connor can't have those nicknames anymore and Bart can't be Impulse either, are you suggesting we get a third Flash, a second Superman, ectera?

Scion and Impulse(sorry iris)

I don't think we need yet another younger team name and I hate how they keep making Raven a part of Tim's gen.

To me Jon and Damian + Tornado Twins etc are the Supersons or Superkids.
    Tim's gen + Miss Martian and Aqualad = Young Justice.
    Dick's gen = Titans (formerly known as the Teen Titans, but they only ever use that name in stories where they're still young, like the YA OGNs).

DC should start treating these teams as separate IPs across all media, because there's a lot of brand confusion between TT and YJ.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    DC should start treating these teams as separate IPs across all media, because there's a lot of brand confusion between TT and YJ.
    Agreed. And YJ was actually pretty short lived when it first came around, before they shifted them into the Titans brand.

That, and constantly aging down Dick's friends for the benefit of Damian's Titans. Definitely agree on the Tornado Twins + Super Sons. I know the Terrifics run also introduced a Plastic Man child who could be a bundle of fun if we got to know him better.

I did generally enjoy the idea back in the day that the Outsiders could be kind of the "post-Titans" group for Dick's generation. Ofc I kinda think Dick is a better fit for the Justice League (maybe something like Dick, Kori, Vic, Wally, & Donna).

Six years isn't shortlived.

The Terrifics did not introduce Offspring - he first appeared when Plastic Man was a member of the JLA.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-06-2020 at 10:04 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Six years isn't shortlived.

The Terrifics did not introduce Offspring - he first appeared when Plastic Man was a member of the JLA.
    My mistake on Offspring. I do disagree on six years being short lived though - how many decades had Teen Titans been running up to that point? Like four?

That thread makes perfect sense to me. Young Justice is Tim’s generation team, not the Teen Titans. Damian’s generation can have the Super Sons or Teen Titans book.

Titans: Nightwing, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Terra, Bumblebee, Mal Duncan, Lilith Clay, Jericho, Pantha, Arsenal, Donna Troy, Garth, Wally West, Kyle Rayner, Argent, Risk, Hotspot, Red Star, Hawk, Dove, Mas y Menos, Mirage

Young Justice: Red Robin, Conner Kent, Wonder Girl, Impulse, Aqualad, Miss Martian, Blue Beetle, Static, Rocket, Traci 13, Ravager, Bunker, Solstice, Aquagirl, Sideways, Empress, Arrowette, Red Devil, Wonder Twins, Zachary Zatara, Kid Eternity, Bombshell, Artemis Crock

Teen Titans: Robin, Superboy, Tornado Twins, Emiko Queen, Wallace West, Nobody, Dijin, Roundhouse, Crush

Right now Damian’s generation needs new members, not Tim or Dicks. Honestly Teen Lantern and Jinny Hex should just go to Damians generation.
    Last edited by Samm; 09-06-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Hello,
    just read this thread:

1. Young Justice:
    NAOMI
    TEEN LANTERN

2. Tims Generation:

I think these are great ideas.

Too bad DC rarely seems to go with good ideas anymore, at least not for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    My mistake on Offspring. I do disagree on six years being short lived though - how many decades had Teen Titans been running up to that point? Like four?
    Compare it to Marvel's teen teams...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think we need yet another younger team name and I hate how they keep making Raven a part of Tim's gen.

To me Jon and Damian + Tornado Twins etc are the Supersons or Superkids.
    Tim's gen + Miss Martian and Aqualad = Young Justice.
    Dick's gen = Titans (formerly known as the Teen Titans, but they only ever use that name in stories where they're still young, like the YA OGNs).

I like this. I always found it strange that DC keeps trying to stuff Tim and damian into TT or keeps changing their line up when the most known version is the line up with raven, Bb and star.

Why undercut yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I think these are great ideas.

Too bad DC rarely seems to go with good ideas anymore, at least not for very long.
    I don't think having a Nightwing Generation and a nightwing like generation is a good idea at all

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    That thread makes perfect sense to me. Young Justice is Tim’s generation team, not the Teen Titans. Damian’s generation can have the Super Sons or Teen Titans book.

Titans: Nightwing, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Terra, Bumblebee, Mal Duncan, Lilith Clay, Jericho, Pantha, Arsenal, Donna Troy, Garth, Wally West, Kyle Rayner, Argent, Risk, Hotspot, Red Star, Hawk, Dove, Mas y Menos, Mirage

Young Justice: Red Robin, Conner Kent, Wonder Girl, Impulse, Aqualad, Miss Martian, Blue Beetle, Static, Rocket, Traci 13, Ravager, Bunker, Solstice, Aquagirl, Sideways, Empress, Arrowette, Red Devil, Wonder Twins, Zachary Zatara, Kid Eternity, Bombshell, Artemis Crock

Teen Titans: Robin, Superboy, Tornado Twins, Emiko Queen, Wallace West, Nobody, Dijin, Roundhouse, Crush

Right now Damian’s generation needs new members, not Tim or Dicks. Honestly Teen Lantern and Jinny Hex should just go to Damians generation.
    I'd rather have Pham as Damian's GL than Teen lantern. Damian's generation has Maya, Maps, Colin Wilikes and Kathy.

Those are character that have been around since pre flashpoint [some of them] and already have a relationship with Damian and Jon.

Hello,
    just read this thread:

1. Young Justice:
    NAOMI
    TEEN LANTERN

2. Tims Generation:

Jon has more experience than Conner and Tim though since he is older and has more time on the field. Not sure about Conner but Tim has less time on the field than even Damian. I think you are ignoring current canon. Tim is 16 with 2 years field experience

Damian is 13 with 5 years field experience if we count from his year of Blood
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-06-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Right now DamianÂ’s generation needs new members, not Tim or Dicks. Honestly, Teen Lantern and Jinny Hex should just go to Damian's generation.[/U][/I]
    This.

Sick of seeing Beast Boy and Raven stuck in Titans purgatory. At least Starfire was in different teams.

I think younger characters who debuted recently should join Damian's TT. The Green Lantern kids would fit well with Damian's generation as well as Jinny Hex. I thought about Sideways (another recent character and cool power-set) but he is too close to Tim's age.

Dick's Generation (Originals - 96's Titans)

Tim's Generation (Young Justice 90's/Teen Titans '03 - New 52 Teen Titans)

Damian's Generation (Post No Justice - Current)