Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Ock's plan was to release a gas in Earth's atmosphere that would cause massive damage to cocaine addicts that try to take their shot.So, in order for the rich and powerful to continue enjoying their cocaine addiction, they'll have to pay ransoms or follow Ock's orders.

You have to admit, that's the most silly,yet classic, supervillain plan that Ock had in his entire career.
    Was that from Return of the Sinister Six back in 1990?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Boisterously Confused

Has The Rhino ever done anything that wasn't just dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Made himself super-intelligent in a short two-part arc of Spider-Man's Tangled Web back in 2001 or so?

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Was that from Return of the Sinister Six back in 1990?

Yeap. The first big comeback of the team, after their debut years ago.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Fantastic Member

His first 2 appearances had his plan to kidnap Jameson's son and sell him to the highest bidder to reveal space secrets.

Any silver and golden age bad guy who wants to blow up the world but can't fly in space and has no ship. So how will that work out for you if you are dead to?

Any bad guy that wants to kill everyone on the planet. Get really boring after some time with no one else around. You might want to think twice about that.

Boisterously Confused

Wouldn't any of Kangs plans to conquer the past kick his future upside down? I get he's from Next Door Future, but isn't he eliminating our home grown Kang from ever being?

Boisterously Confused

Also, anybody whose game plan is Let Dormmamu or Nightmare Into Our Plane To Run Amok. Very short sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Any silver and golden age bad guy who wants to blow up the world but can't fly in space and has no ship. So how will that work out for you if you are dead to?

Any bad guy that wants to kill everyone on the planet. Get really boring after some time with no one else around. You might want to think twice about that.
    At least in some cases, those villains were very clearly insane . . . or they were all right with dying themselves if they got to take everyone else in existence down with them. Then again, one doesn't necessarily preclude the other.

Wouldn't any of Kangs plans to conquer the past kick his future upside down? I get he's from Next Door Future, but isn't he eliminating our home grown Kang from ever being?
    If I recall right, Kang just hits up the late 20th/early 21st century because he's bored as s*** with how peaceful and idyllic things are in his era, relatively speaking. The risk of nonexistence is probably just part of the challenge for him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I've read a variety of appearances where he legit wins. Trapster's terrifying with the proper writers. For example, the JR jr./Mackie? issue where he pastes Spider-man and Gwen Stacy's brother's arms together and they have to run from him and in Claremont's Fantastic Four where he defeats Mr. Fantastic.
    Has Trapster had enough wins to justify him becoming a supervillain in the first place? What does pasting Spidey arms to another guy actually accomplish? Does he have an actual reason why he is trying to defeat Mr. Fanastic? What are Trapster's goals? If its just to become rich, why wouldn't he try to patent his glue rather then become a supervillain? Trapster does not work as a character, because his motives make no sense.

Mighty Member

No because the timeline simply isn't ours or anything like it. His original timeline is one where Nathaniel Richards (616 Reed's father) fathered another son while exploring the multiverse. That doesn't happen in the 616 reality.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Has Trapster had enough wins to justify him becoming a supervillain in the first place? What does pasting Spidey arms to another guy actually accomplish? Does he have an actual reason why he is trying to defeat Mr. Fanastic? What are Trapster's goals? If its just to become rich, why wouldn't he try to patent his glue rather then become a supervillain? Trapster does not work as a character, because his motives make no sense.
    This could work for any number of villains.

Look at Shocker. Invents these great gloves that cause things to vibrate and fall apart. Would have been great to sell to the military. I mean he did want to be rich after all. he could have made millions. what does he do? Puts on a bad costume and goes and tries to rob a bank. I mean if he just grabbed what he could carry thats what a few thousand? I mean creating the gloves cost more then that.

And all of these villains who want to be rich yet they spend hundreds of thousands of bucks on a super advanced hideout with death rays and all that crap. here is an idea stupid. Take some of your anti grav flying car money and invest in a 401k or some ****!.

I get the ones who just want to prove how smart they are. Like Wizard who in his first appearance wanted to prove he is better then The Human Torch and then in The Fantastic Four issues better then Reed. Or Green Goblin who wanted to be king of the underworld. Thats an ego thing.

But these guys who invent amazing high tech weapons just to rob a bank and get rich. Dumb as Hell. And a little boring after a time.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-26-2020 at 04:32 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm just waiting for Electro or The Shocker to look at a map and realise that they can hit a bank or banks in Iowa with zero resistance.
    In their defense, most banks in small states/towns don't usually carry that much actual cash on hand. Legally, they're only required to keep about 3% of their total local checking accounts as cash reserves. Obviously, that amount varies depending on the financial calendar. For example, on paydays banks would usually keep more cash on hand, partly as a result of increased direct deposits from their accountholders' employers and such.

So even if you go to a major national bank in a small town, don't be surprised if the total amount of liquid cash it has is only in the tens of thousands of dollars. No, I don't expect every Marvel villain to be aware of banking practices -- and that goes double for most writers -- but any bad guy headed to the Dakotas to do a bank heist would need to hit several banks to really make it worthwhile. My hunch is by the time their spree progressed to the 3rd bank, Monica Rambeau, who can travel around the world 7 times in 1 second, or someone with teleportation abilities, like Mjolnir-wielding Thor, would show up to ruin their day.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Any villain or villains committing crimes in New York or New York City.

IT'S. THE. SUPERHERO. CAPITOL. OF. THE. WORLD. STOP. IT.

I'm just waiting for Electro or The Shocker to look at a map and realise that they can hit a bank or banks in Iowa with zero resistance.
    It's the Marvel Universe. Chances are you'll run into a superhero no matter where you go. Or given their particular luck, something else will screw them over.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    In their defense, most banks in small states/towns don't usually carry that much actual cash on hand. Legally, they're only required to keep about 3% of their total local checking accounts as cash reserves. Obviously, that amount varies depending on the financial calendar. For example, on paydays banks would usually keep more cash on hand, partly as a result of increased direct deposits from their accountholders' employers and such.

So even if you go to a major national bank in a small town, don't be surprised if the total amount of liquid cash it has is only in the tens of thousands of dollars. No, I don't expect every Marvel villain to be aware of banking practices -- and that goes double for most writers -- but any bad guy headed to the Dakotas to do a bank heist would need to hit several banks to really make it worthwhile. My hunch is by the time their spree progressed to the 3rd bank, Monica Rambeau, who can travel around the world 7 times in 1 second, or someone with teleportation abilities, like Mjolnir-wielding Thor, would show up to ruin their day.
    Yet there are all kinds of crimes committed in the midwest and West Coast yet no hero lifts a finger to stop it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.