Default Golden Age Batman omnibus?

Any word if DC is pushing out a Batman omnibus like last year's Superman tome? Please say yes.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

There has been an announcment at SDCC that the first Batman omnibus will be released. However, it will be a Neal Adams Batman omnibus and not a Golden age one.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BAH! I mean, that's cool, but that Superman book is fantastic. Was hoping to get one just like it.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    BAH! I mean, that's cool, but that Superman book is fantastic. Was hoping to get one just like it.
    If you mean quality wise, tthereis 1 other book with the same binding etc. And that is the Sleeper omnibus. Those are basically the only 2 Dc omni's without bad bindings.

If you want more Golden Age stuff you can always check the Dc Archives editions
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

^ I don't have it, but I was under the impression the first Sandman Omni had good binding?

Also - Yeah, I wanted a Golden Age Batman Omni to go with my Superman one as well. Still, Neal Adams Batman is nothing to sneeze at.
    Last edited by titansupes; 08-16-2014 at 01:24 AM.

I can't compare them as I don't have the Sleeper or GA Supes omnis, but I think Sandman vol1 is up there too (it's a shame that vol2's quality dipped, but still a beautiful looking book to have on the shelf)

I have to believe a GA Batman is on the way.It'd be foolish not to release one.

All-New Member

So since the Batman Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 1 is coming in November, what are the chances they will continue them? How likely would it be that DC will collect every Batman story in this format, like they were planning with the Batman Chronicles?

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog View Post
    So since the Batman Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 1 is coming in November, what are the chances they will continue them? How likely would it be that DC will collect every Batman story in this format, like they were planning with the Batman Chronicles?
    If it sells then DC will make more its as simple as that!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Amazing Member

The MSRP of $75 makes it even more appealing.

All-New Member

I'm just surprised there's been no Vol. 2 for Superman. But there is one scheduled for World's Finest for March 2016. Hopefully they can actually stick to some sort of schedule and go through with the plan or reprinting every story in publication order.