View Poll Results: Is superman being a dork essential to you?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i love that the character is humble

20 52.63%
  • No, the character isn't meant to be a dork

4 10.53%
  • I don't believe he is a dork in the first place

14 36.84%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! Getting cats out of tree can be cool. when he isn't smashing cars of women molesters or scaring the crap out of corrupt senators or shooting and catching bullets of jackasses who sell guns to kids.You know zorro style swashbuckling debonair.
    Well, those are still not as cool as wielding a rainbow-colored shield and sword to fight against a knight on the dock of Metropolis (Action Comic 329 by Edmond Hamilton and Al Plastino). To be fair, where is the Sword of Superman go. I miss that weapon, despite how outrageous that Superman needs a sword. A planet busting sword.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! Getting cats out of tree can be cool. when he isn't smashing cars of women molesters or scaring the crap out of corrupt senators or shooting and catching bullets of jackasses who sell guns to kids.You know zorro style swashbuckling debonair.
    The cat thing is an activity, not his personality. The reason why Superman rescues cats is so writers can get the audience to think of him as "good," as it shows his morality, and doing good things for others. Which makes sense because who's not going to like a super-hero, in universe or outside, spending time doing small things like saving cast from trees when they don't have to? It buys good will, this is something anti-heroes lack since they priorise fear over trust from the public.

The market his stories are aimed at also matter, that sort of thing is more like for older, grittier liking audience - that's what superheroes like Daredevil excel in. Superman's made for families since at least the 50's. He didn't even do half of that when he got an R rated movie. Zorro himself wasn't even doing those things in modern movies.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The cat thing is an activity, not his personality. .
    Superman did those things in the old days as well(cat thing). But, it was never something that created the impression of "aw! Shucks!".Even donner didn't want that to happen. It's just people like to type cast superman into a particular role that made it feel like the character did nothing and was soft. The good cop as they call it. Am i supposed to care for your definition of good and bad? I don't care for your terminologies anti hero, hero or villain. Zorro couldn't lift cars if he tried. But, he did many things in his style that had bite.Moreover,have you heard of batman? Where do you think his "intense" side came from? ofcourse,batman never had much of personality. Superman on the other hand inherited zorro's personality in spades. As for supposed to like thing, i watch winnie the pooh, tom and jerry, looney tunes... Etc as well. I never said i want winnie the pooh to blow up a tree or something. Good is for those that deserve it.You think a guy who sells guns to kids deserves a fist bump or something ? Get outta here with that nonsense.
    Not really, read birthright. Superman does these things even now
    Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Well, those are still not as cool as wielding a rainbow-colored shield and sword to fight against a knight on the dock of Metropolis (Action Comic 329 by Edmond Hamilton and Al Plastino). To be fair, where is the Sword of Superman go. I miss that weapon, despite how outrageous that Superman needs a sword. A planet busting sword.
    Now that's cool. Last i heard it(superman sword) went into space since superman rejected it. I wanted jon to have it, though. The kid wanted to learn kendo from damian.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-18-2020 at 07:15 AM.