Default Byrne's Man of Steel Omnibus Vol 1, 2, 3?

I think its technically more of a HC than an Omnibus, but let's call it that. So I have Vol 1, I saw that Vol 2 is slated for January. I checked out the issues collected in Vol 2 and it still doesn't complete Byrne's 80's run. Can we assume there will be a Vol 3??

Kinda wish they stuck to the traditional Omni format, even though they are hilariously huge, would be nice to see if they could have got them all in 1 volume, 2 at most.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I think its technically more of a HC than an Omnibus, but let's call it that. So I have Vol 1, I saw that Vol 2 is slated for January. I checked out the issues collected in Vol 2 and it still doesn't complete Byrne's 80's run. Can we assume there will be a Vol 3??

Kinda wish they stuck to the traditional Omni format, even though they are hilariously huge, would be nice to see if they could have got them all in 1 volume, 2 at most.
    It would stand to reason, yes.

But this is DC's Collected Editions dept. we're talking about, so we won't really know for sure until the actual physical products are in our hot little hands...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post

I can deal with the smaller size, but not the more traditional paper. I got volume one, but won't get the others until they're cheap on ebay, if then. And I have all of the Golden Age Omnibus Vols.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

It's all about sales. DC is notorious for soliciting future volumes only to cancel them when the first volume didn't sell well.

I hope they're all released because it's one of the best runs of the character ever. But I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    It's all about sales. DC is notorious for soliciting future volumes only to cancel them when the first volume didn't sell well.

I hope they're all released because it's one of the best runs of the character ever. But I'm not holding my breath.
    That would be a huge let down, but not a complete surprise. I was completely ok with just having the 9 TPBs, but those have been hard to track down even on ebay since a few of the volumes are super pricey now. So I thought hey a few HC's will work fine!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The tpb set is a pain (I think the only one I still have is the last) and the quality isn't all that great, either. There's easily enough material to make the third hc just as appealing.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES