Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,322

    Default

    Jeez! Between making my mouth water, and weeping for what might have been, that list is dehydrating me.

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member Captain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It seems they didn't get that memo in Japan. Or did you forget how recent Future Avengers is?
    Ehhh, I also remember marvel disk wars: avengers never being aired in the states even after being dubbed, and who knows if future avengers would have suffered the same fate or not without disney+

  3. #63
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I swear that reviving both 90's X-Men and this would score Disney+ so many brownie points. Would easily be their answer to both Young Justice and the highly rumored Teen Titans 2003 revival.
    I don't think Disney cares enough about Marvel animation-wise to put that much investment in cartoons unless they're tied to the MCU like What If.

  4. #64
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I swear that reviving both 90's X-Men and this would score Disney+ so many brownie points. Would easily be their answer to both Young Justice and the highly rumored Teen Titans 2003 revival.
    Since the early 2010s when Loeb and Quesada came along, they have generally aimed to dumb down their shows to the same extent that WB in the 90s aimed to make them more mature. Even EMH was dumbed down in the second half of Season 2 once Loeb came along. I doubt we will get something good from Marvel Animation for a long while.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 09-23-2020 at 09:11 AM.

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,644

    Default

    I really miss EMH. Season 3 would have been amazing.

  6. #66
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I really miss EMH. Season 3 would have been amazing.
    Since Disney+ is reviving older tv shows, maybe it will have a chance.

  7. #67
    Spectacular Member Sneakronicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Since the early 2010s when Loeb and Quesada came along, they have generally aimed to dumb down their shows to the same extent that WB in the 90s aimed to make them more mature. Even EMH was dumbed down in the second half of Season 2 once Loeb came along. I doubt we will get something good from Marvel Animation for a long while.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this. I just rewatched EMH, and while I still absolutely love the first season and thought they did such a brilliant job with it, season 2 really went downhill for me after the quickly wrapped up the Skrull plot. The switched from carefully set-up, multi-episode plots to a more "done in one" style that made the show lose a lot of its appeal IMO, and there was little emotional resolution anymore. I actually thought I missed an episode where Tony returned to the team after the Skrull thing, and there was zero lead up to Galactus.

    So while I would have liked more EMH, I was one of the few people who was okay with it ending when it did.

  8. #68
    Mighty Member Kaijudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Ugh...I cannot believe we were cheated out of a West Coast Avengers episode with Mockingbird and Tigra! That remains my favorite Avengers incarnation (the WCA overall, not the original five members).

  9. #69
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    So while I would have liked more EMH, I was one of the few people who was okay with it ending when it did.
    Agreed. I would rather it have ended than have it get a Season 3 only to get butchered. I mean, I'm not happy that it ended, but I am relieved about it.

  10. #70
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Since the early 2010s when Loeb and Quesada came along, they have generally aimed to dumb down their shows to the same extent that WB in the 90s aimed to make them more mature. Even EMH was dumbed down in the second half of Season 2 once Loeb came along. I doubt we will get something good from Marvel Animation for a long while.
    I am really hoping now that Loeb is gone the next head will see the advantage in smarter animated series. Loeb thought animated meant it must be aimed at 5 year olds which is why all the show he was in charge of are so dumbed down so it appealed to the lowest common denominator.

  11. #71
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am really hoping now that Loeb is gone the next head will see the advantage in smarter animated series. Loeb thought animated meant it must be aimed at 5 year olds which is why all the show he was in charge of are so dumbed down so it appealed to the lowest common denominator.
    I think even saying his shows are aimed at 5 year olds is giving him too much credit. Loeb's excuse is ageist and practically an insult to 5-year olds. I watched Batman TAS and Spider-Man TAS when I five without a problem. Mature writing like in BTAS or serialized format like in SMTAS never confused me.

  12. #72
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think even saying his shows are aimed at 5 year olds is giving him too much credit. Loeb's excuse is ageist and practically an insult to 5-year olds. I watched Batman TAS and Spider-Man TAS when I five without a problem. Mature writing like in BTAS or serialized format like in SMTAS never confused me.
    It's for kids was usually the excuse, so yeah, frankly Justice League Action adn Brave and The Bold in spite of being more "kiddie" shows than their predecessors still did Marvel Animation tried to do but far better.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  13. #73
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this. I just rewatched EMH, and while I still absolutely love the first season and thought they did such a brilliant job with it, season 2 really went downhill for me after the quickly wrapped up the Skrull plot. The switched from carefully set-up, multi-episode plots to a more "done in one" style that made the show lose a lot of its appeal IMO, and there was little emotional resolution anymore. I actually thought I missed an episode where Tony returned to the team after the Skrull thing, and there was zero lead up to Galactus.

    So while I would have liked more EMH, I was one of the few people who was okay with it ending when it did.
    The quality drop in the second half can be laid pretty much squarely at Jeph Loeb and Man of Action's involvement in the second half of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Agreed. I would rather it have ended than have it get a Season 3 only to get butchered. I mean, I'm not happy that it ended, but I am relieved about it.
    I have to wonder if the show would've been hit as bad with Loeb's mandates, and the embargoes on the Fox properties, had it continued.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It's for kids was usually the excuse, so yeah, frankly Justice League Action adn Brave and The Bold in spite of being more "kiddie" shows than their predecessors still did Marvel Animation tried to do but far better.
    One solidly produced DC cartoon is usually the equivalent of three Marvel cartoons.

    It's funny you bring up JLA because it felt like Avengers: Secret Wars was trying to be that show with a longer runtime by focusing more on random team-ups than actually showcasing the Avengers as a team or building a team dynamic.

    USM could be seen as Marvel's Brave and the Bold (even if it wasn't at all like Brave and the Bold).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •