Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

All they needed to do was add Black Widow, who had been in the show from the beginning but wasn't an Avenger (she was a SHIELD agent who used to work with Hawkeye). The others were already in the roster.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wish that a Power Man Iron Fist spinoff was able to be created. I appreciated the adult versions of those heroes for their few appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Definately sad to see that show go. Especially when it was replaced by such a dumbed down inferior Avengers cartoon
    ^^^Same.

(though I'm told Avengers Assemble did get better).
    ^^^It didn’t.

I wouldn’t have minded a small kooky quartet arc, w. Cap and Hawkeye the last men standing, and Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch joining them to save the day.

Extraordinary Member

That really was a great show. All the characters were just great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    This is easily the best Avengers cartoon ever. Another casualty of synergy, unfortunately. I don't see why they didn't just alter the lineup of EMH to suit the movies instead of creating a new show.
    I would have preferred this over cancelling the show, but I don't think it would have ever felt natural. They would have had to write out some of the best Avengers in the show - Hank Pym, Wasp, maybe even T'Challa and Carol for a few seasons. Also Black Widow is usually not as appealing of a female Avenger compared to Jan or Carol (the EMH version especially).

Truth be told I didn’t mind the rebooting so much as the huge dip in quality; both the animation and the storytelling took huge hits.

Definately sad to see that show go. Especially when it was replaced by such a dumbed down inferior Avengers cartoon (though I'm told Avengers Assemble did get better).
    For a given definition of "better."

I think it becomes more watchable, depending on the season, but never on the same level as EMH in my opinion.

EMH was like the last really, really great Marvel cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think it becomes more watchable, depending on the season, but never on the same level as EMH in my opinion.

Thanks for the clarrification. Outside of the Black Panther mini at the end, I only caught the first couple episodes of Avengers Assemble before deciding it wasn't for me... but now that I got Disney plus (for Mulan) part of me has been wondering if I should give Avengers Assemble another shot. But maybe my free time is better spent watching reruns of Earths Mightiest Heroes instead.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-08-2020 at 05:53 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'll give Assemble points for the Thunderbolts and Squadron Supreme
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

The last line is so true and makes me sad that the Distinguished Competition has been hitting it out of the park for years with their animated shows and movies.

I could have cared less for Harley Quinn for example but her cartoon is a gem, highly recommended. Marvel can't ever seem to come close to match their quality at any level.
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    The last line is so true and makes me sad that the Distinguished Competition has been hitting it out of the park for years with their animated shows and movies.

I could have cared less for Harley Quinn for example but her cartoon is a gem, highly recommended. Marvel can't ever seem to come close to match their quality at any level.
    I was actually really disappointed that the quality of marvels cartoons actually dropped when they were bought by Disney. I thought being purchased by arguably the greatest animator in human history would actually increase the quality of their animated stuff. But so far not so much.

Compare them to Disney's other TV cartoons like Recess, not their movies. Lowers the bar a bit, right? The Aladdin films show this contrast well - in the first and third ones, Genie was Robin Williams. In Return of Jafar, he was voiced by Dan Castelleneta (Homer Simpson). It was actually compiled from the TV series spin-off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'll give Assemble points for the Thunderbolts and Squadron Supreme
    And their take on Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet wasn't half-bad (aside from the dumb Mecha suits).
    I was actually really disappointed that the quality of marvels cartoons actually dropped when they were bought by Disney. I thought being purchased by arguably the greatest animator in human history would actually increase the quality of their animated stuff. But so far not so much.
    I think part of it is that the Marvel cartoons are seen as less important than the movies and as more of a way of promoting the movie content more than just standalone and integral animation works in their own right.

I'm pretty sure even if it gets revived Jan would turn into Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm pretty sure even if it gets revived Jan would turn into Hope.
    I'd like to think if it was revived it wouldn't be turned into the MCU promotional vehicle it's successor cartoon was.

Maybe they'd do a time travel story where Hope appears as Hank and Janet's future daughter, but that's about it.