Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I was actually really disappointed that the quality of marvels cartoons actually dropped when they were bought by Disney. I thought being purchased by arguably the greatest animator in human history would actually increase the quality of their animated stuff. But so far not so much.
    Disney hasn't really been an innovator in animation since the 90's. They've been resting on their laurels for some time.

That goes for Film and TV.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

It was the best animated series Marvel has done. Really to bad what replaced it was such and downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    It was the best animated series Marvel has done. Really to bad what replaced it was such and downgrade.
    Fully agreed on that.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Extraordinary Member

As a Scarlet Witch fan I find it a bit painful to watch knowing how many of those stories she was originally in, and the show had to write her out of, just because she had already been snapped up by Wolverine & the X-Men.

Still, it was by far the best cartoon Marvel ever did - like X-Men the Animated Series but also learning the lessons and style of the Bruce Timm DC cartoons.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...I think part of it is that the Marvel cartoons are seen as less important than the movies and as more of a way of promoting the movie content more than just standalone and integral animation works in their own right.
    This is exactly it. The irony is that Marvel wiped away a top toon to make make a successor that better fit the MCU, while simultaneously pushing Marvel's Agents of SHIELD away from their MCU. For all of its faults, MAoS' first season was cleverly interweaving some of the MCU's events into their plots. They missed a chance to make a What Else Is Going On show to support the MCU's brand. But...I digress.

Another nice thing about EMH was it's balance between influences from the MCU and the source material. I certainly miss it.

I really loved Avengers:EMH, it really got me to like characters that I was indifferent about in the comics. When Disney+ came out I kind of held out hope that they might do a return or create another Avengers show of similar quality. I knew it wasn’t gonna happen, if course. But I had hoped.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    As a Scarlet Witch fan I find it a bit painful to watch knowing how many of those stories she was originally in, and the show had to write her out of, just because she had already been snapped up by Wolverine & the X-Men.
    It wasn't really a case of "snapped up," they could always use X-Men characters. It wasn't like somebody was off-limits like with the movies, because Wolverine appeared 3 times and the other X-Men were alluded to (Cyclops appeared in a picture).
    Still, it was by far the best cartoon Marvel ever did - like X-Men the Animated Series but also learning the lessons and style of the Bruce Timm DC cartoons.
    Especially since Spectacular was a Sony co-production.

I'd like to think if it was revived it wouldn't be turned into the MCU promotional vehicle it's successor cartoon was.

Maybe they'd do a time travel story where Hope appears as Hank and Janet's future daughter, but that's about it.
    Yeah, this version of Hank is too young to even have Nadia, so a time travelling Hope is probably the best way to adapt that.

Other possible storylines they could do (all things that the comics did after EMH's original run) would be:

Carol becomes Captain Marvel after Mar-Vell gets killed. The terrigen mist gets released, and Kamala Khan becomes the new Ms. Marvel.
    Bruce tries to cure himself of being the Hulk. He's assisted by a teenager, Amadeus Cho... who accidentally becomes another Hulk.
    Captain America goes missing or gets depowered (and turns old). Falcon takes over the mantle temporarily until he gets back.
    Thor is captured by Enchantress. Mjolnir is left behind, so Jane takes it, and gains his powers. After rescuing him, she'd be given her own weapon by Odin, like what happened in season 4 of Assemble.
    The Hickman version of Secret Wars (Assemble used that event's logo, but it actually adapted the original Secret Wars with the Beyonder, not the event from a few years ago with Doctor Doom).
    Vision decides to build a family.
    A superhero civil war.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

A:EMH and W&tX were ment to do a crossover.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I really loved Avengers:EMH, it really got me to like characters that I was indifferent about in the comics. When Disney+ came out I kind of held out hope that they might do a return or create another Avengers show of similar quality. I knew it wasn’t gonna happen, if course. But I had hoped.
    Maybe What If...? will open the door for new quality animated shows.

Extraordinary Member

It wasn't really a case of "snapped up," they could always use X-Men characters. It wasn't like somebody was off-limits like with the movies, because Wolverine appeared 3 times and the other X-Men were alluded to (Cyclops appeared in a picture).
    Right, but the fact that she was a cast member on WaTXM meant she couldn't be a cast member on the Avengers show, at least during the short time that show was in production. Since a lot of the stories they adapted originally had Wanda in them, it's likely that she would have joined the series at some point (maybe early in season 2) otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Maybe What If...? will open the door for new quality animated shows.
    It’s always a possibility.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Episode descriptions for what could have been with season 3:

S3E01 STRANGE TALES
    As Surtur releases an army of demons on Earth, the Avengers find themselves facing their worst fears... trapped within the realm of NIGHTMARE! Up against an enemy they can’t fight, the team turns to the only person who can help: Dr. Strange! #AvengersEMH10

S3E02 THE GENTLEMAN’S NAME IS MAGNETO
    Magneto wages war against humanity, bringing his Brotherhood of Evil Mutants into conflict with the Avengers… but what side are Magneto’s children the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver on? #AvengersEMH10

S3E03 RECURRING KNIGHTMARE
    Iron Man and Doctor Doom are pulled through time to ancient CAMELOT, finding themselves uneasy allies against Modred the Mystic. And back in the present, the Wasp’s only hope to get Iron Man back is the BLACK KNIGHT. #AvengersEMH10

S3E04 TWILIGHT
    Wonder Man returns to the Avengers with an army of Fire Demons on his ionic tail… and he wants the Avengers to save THE ENCHANTRESS. Meanwhile, Thor and Balder the Brave travel to the fiery realm of Musphelheim only to be overwhelmed. #AvengersEMH10

S3E05 AN AGE UNDREAMED OF (1)
    The ancient sorcerer KULAN GATH transforms the Avengers and all of New York City into a medieval versions of themselves, leaving only Dr. Strange and the Scarlet Witch to save reality as we know it. #AvengersEMH10

S3E06 RAIDERS OF THE LOST TEMPLE (2)
    Freed from Gath's spell by the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, a team of Avengers leads a rebellion against New York's transformed heroes. Even with their new teammates, can the Avengers stop the world from changing forever? #AvengersEMH10

S3E07 THOR CROAKS
    As Ragnarok approaches, Loki takes Thor off the battlefield. His only hope? Ant-Man and the Wasp… assuming a transformed Thor doesn’t eat them. Ribbit. #AvengersEMH10

S3E08 THE SIGN OF THE SERPENT
    As Nick Fury and SHIELD deal with the resurgence of HYDRA, the Avengers race against Viper and the Serpent Society to recover the pieces of the SERPENT CROWN... but Viper doesn't realizes the evil she's about to unleash on the world. #AvengersEMH10

S3E09 WEST COAST AVENGERS
    While in California on an errand for Iron Man, Hawkeye and Wonder Man consider a more permanent change of scenery... until Graviton shows up. Even with the help of Mockingbird and the mysterious TIGRA, things look bad for the WACKOS. #AvengersEMH10

S3E10 NIGHTS OF WUNDAGORE (1)
    As the Maximoff twins delve into the mystery of their true parentage, the Avengers face off with the High Evolutionary and his New Men on Wundagore Mountain. But the Evolutionary only wants to save the world from a much bigger threat. #AvengersEMH10

S3E11 WITCH ON THE MOUNTAIN (2)
    Something terrible has awakened inside Wundagore Mountain and it’s come for the Scarlet Witch. Chthon has returned, and now the Avengers' only hope lies in Quicksilver as he attempts to collect the pages of the DARKHOLD. #AvengersEMH10

S3E12 EVERYTHING BURNS (1)
    Surtur arrives on Asgard as the Avengers face a wrathful Loki on Earth. Captain America pays his debt to Hela, while Thor faces his destiny in the form of the Midgard Serpent. #AvengersEMH10

S3E13 RAGNAROK (2)
    The Twilight Sword has severed the World Tree. Odin is gone, Thor lays dying. Earth is all that’s left. The end of all things has come. #AvengersEMH10

S3E14 ENTER, THE X-MEN!
    With the Avengers scattered after the arrival of Asgard on Earth, the X-Men come to Avengers Mansion looking for two fugitives from the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants... Magneto’s children, Quicksilver and the
    Scarlet Witch. #AvengersEMH10

S3E15 THE OLD ORDER CHANGETH
    The world will always need Avengers and when the Masters of Evil strike, only Cap, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver answer the call. Plus, SHIELD isn’t too happy about a couple of "evil" mutants being on the team. #AvengersEMH10

S3E16 THE MAN CALLED NOVA
    Alien monsters called the BROOD have already wiped out the Nova Corps, and now only Captain Marvel and the Avengers stand between them and Earth. Enter: The Human Rocket. #AvengersEMH10

S3E17 THE FOURTH HOST
    Wakanda is invaded by a group of hyper-evolved beings called the ETERNALS! They’re preparing for the arrival of the Space Gods known as the CELESTIALS, but the Black Panther stands in their way. Wakanda Forever! #AvengersEMH10

S3E18 VICIOUS CIRCLE
    The Juggernaut's on the rampage and only Thor and the Hulk can stop him! But when WOLVERINE and the X-MEN arrive to collect their old foe... SNIKT. But there are worse things in the Canadian wilderness than the Avengers or X-Men realize. #AvengersEMH10

S3E19 THE LAST AVENGER
    As the Avengers battle Kang in ancient Egypt, Captain America is lost in time! From World War II fighitng alongside the Atlantean SUB-MARINER all the way to a dark future controlled by Ultron, will Cap ever find his way back home? #AvengersEMH10

S3E20 LIKE A PHOENIX FROM THE ASHES
    An ancient power moves across the universe, destroying everything in its path. Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Thor, Vision and Nova watch as the Galactic Super-Powers fail to stop it. The PHOENIX FORCE is heading for Earth. #AvengersEMH10

S3E21 EVOLUTIONARY WAR (1)
    Super-Humans. Mutants. Atlanteans. Inhumans. Eternals. Deviants. To save the world, the High Evolutionary will destroy them all. War has begun. #AvengersEMH10

S3E22 CONQUEST (2)
    The High Evolutionary’s Gene Bomb will cleanse the world of genetic deviation. This is exactly what Ultron wants. #AvengersEMH10

S3E23 THE BEST OFFENSE
    The Hulk, Doctor Strange, and the Sub-Mariner are all that stand in the way of Earth’s destruction at the hands of the Elders of the Universe… if only they could just get along. Captain Marvel and Valkyrie have their work cut out for them. #AvengersEMH10

S3E24 X-SANCTION (1)
    The Phoenix Force is coming for the X-Men’s MARVEL GIRL, and the Avengers want to get her off the Earth. Standing in their way? The Uncanny X-Men, who have no intention of just handing Jean Grey over. Everything has been building to this. #AvengersEMH10

S3E25 HOUSE OF M (2)
    With Magneto and Quicksilver leading the mutants in possession of the shattered Phoenix Force, the Scarlet Witch chooses sides. The Avengers and remaining X-Men are on the run from the all powerful House of M. What hope does humanity have? #AvengersEMH10

Astonishing Member

Wow. This is the polar opposite of The Spectacular Spider-Man where we knew next-to-nothing about Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Wow. This is the polar opposite of The Spectacular Spider-Man where we knew next-to-nothing about Season 3.
    I think the only thing Weisman ever confirmed was Scorpion and Hobgoblin, and the odd story bit here and there that may not have necessarily happened in season 3.