Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hm, it just says that SHIELD isn't happy with it, but the episode synopsis do mention Wanda being helpful before the SHIELD one... Maybe she was secretly in the team? Another one does say that the X-Men showed up to get her.

I mean, they do mention that Wanda and Quicksilver are part of the Brotherhood at least, so there's that connection with WatXM.

True, even at its worst, EMH never reached YJ levels of using too many characters, not even season 2 which introduced more characters, but it's possible it could end up happening 'cause it seems this season 3 was gonna introduce even more...

Also, I wonder how much of this is what was actually planned, or what Yost wanted, 'cause, Phoenix Force, something that's a huge deal to X-Men, debutting in the Avengers cartoon? I know that we had big F4 elements in EMH, but F4 don't have their own cartoon, but the X-Men did... Also the description of the last two episodes sound like they'd be making a version of Avengers vs X-Men, with the Phoenix being shattered and all, also Pietro would apparently remain a villain, since him and Magneto would be leading mutants who got the shattered Phoenix Force... Honestly, it's too weird this "season 3" would have X-Men being so major, and kinda stealing from them in the ending, I'm having doubts about this, 'cause again, what if this is just what Yost wanted?

Yeah, I don't see Wanda and Pietro being in the brotherhood having anything to do with WatX specifically. That's just always been their origin. Nothing about Wolverine's guest appearances ever made think the two shows were in the same univeres.

I always have mixed feelings about this show. I absolutely LOVED season 1... Hated almost all of Season 2. It felt like they did a worse job with Secret Invasion then the comics did and it was already one of my least favorite 'events'. Avengers Assemble? I enjoyed a lot of it... but it also went downhill the longer it went on. Same with Young Justice. I don't know why these shows can't have any kind of legs to them.

For me it will always be EMH 1, AA1, AA 2, EMH 2, AA+. At it's best EMH was the best... at its worst? I'll take Avenger Assemble. I imagine that season 3 would have followed the trend.

Though really.... Morbius AND Brother Blood?!?! I'd have loved to seen THAT episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    EMH definitely had a fairly well-fleshed out and diverse Marvel Universe (much moreso than the show that followed it).
    Yeah, it did a surprisingly good job at it, I think the only one I felt was more forced was the New Avengers one, since it's basically "Hey, we have this new team, they're only really important for this episode", instead of doing it like F4 where they're introduced more properly, and show up a few more times.

It seems like something happens with the Phoenix and Magneto gets a hold of it to cause House of M. Wanda's mentioned and they had an earlier episode planned dealing with Cthon, so I don't think she would be uninvolved.
    She definitely was involved considering the synopsis specifically talks about which side she's gonna choose, and again, probably be the possible Phoenix 5's weak point, at least at first.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see Wanda and Pietro being in the brotherhood having anything to do with WatX specifically. That's just always been their origin. Nothing about Wolverine's guest appearances ever made think the two shows were in the same univeres.
    Well, the cartoon focused into being self contained, so it avoiding to reference WatXM is better for that, specially since Wolverine doesn't do much outside of just showing up.

However, with mutants and Brotherhood becoming such a focus with season 3, then it'd make sense to make more references to WatXM, kinda like how the Justice League cartoon started to make a lot of references to the Superman cartoon, it might be in the same style too, that you can mostly understand the stories without knowing exactly what happened in the past.

I always have mixed feelings about this show. I absolutely LOVED season 1... Hated almost all of Season 2. It felt like they did a worse job with Secret Invasion then the comics did and it was already one of my least favorite 'events'. Avengers Assemble? I enjoyed a lot of it... but it also went downhill the longer it went on. Same with Young Justice. I don't know why these shows can't have any kind of legs to them.

For me it will always be EMH 1, AA1, AA 2, EMH 2, AA+. At it's best EMH was the best... at its worst? I'll take Avenger Assemble. I imagine that season 3 would have followed the trend.
    I remember thinking that Secret Invasion was the best thing of season 2, and I don't mean "It's the best of a crappy season", I mean it as "It's actually fun and pretty close to season 1's quality".

EMH became worst because they decided to make it more kid friendly, and apparently "Kid friendly" in the industry means "We don't have to care about quality that much".

YJ became worse because almost every character became worse, and the cartoon was pretty character focused, The Reach, Blue Beetle, and Static were the best things in season 2, The Light barely focuses in the other members so they look even more interchangeable, and season 3 just doesn't have much interesting **** going on, it introduces this idea of the League acting like The Light with the manipulation, then the cartoon did nothing interesting with it, and it has too many characters while barely developing a lot of them, plus it had the same ending as season 2 with "Darkseid will come someday", yeah...

Though really.... Morbius AND Brother Blood?!?! I'd have loved to seen THAT episode!
    I see no mention of either in the synopsis.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-06-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Well, the cartoon focused into being self contained, so it avoiding to reference WatXM is better for that, specially since Wolverine doesn't do much outside of just showing up.

However, with mutants and Brotherhood becoming such a focus with season 3, then it'd make sense to make more references to WatXM, kinda like how the Justice League cartoon started to make a lot of references to the Superman cartoon, it might be in the same style too, that you can mostly understand the stories without knowing exactly what happened in the past.
    WatXM always seemed like a 'sequel' to something else. The whole show was basically about trying to get the band back together... Any previous continutity or knowledge you have of X-men... may or may not apply. Probably doesn't... Whereas EMH was all about building the Marvel universe from the ground up. Connecting the two shows would have had a weird tonal shift that I don't think would have done either any good.

I remember thinking that Secret Invasion was the best thing of season 2, and I don't mean "It's the best of a crappy season", I mean it as "It's actually fun and pretty close to season 1's quality".

EMH became worst because they decided to make it more kid friendly, and apparently "Kid friendly" in the industry means "We don't have to care about quality that much".
    For me it was 'modernizing' everything. There was something amazing about seeing everyone in their original costumes and seeing them adapting classic iconic storylines, actually being awesome with Ant Man and Wasp (seriously... the ONLY time I've ever liked those two). Masters of Evil... I loved season 1.

Season 2 though ditched that. They tossed the Kirby suits for the new ones, they were focusing on the current storylines in the comics which I felt sucked. They had 60 years worth of amazing stories to draw from... and only seemed to care about what was being talked about 'now' and it lost everything that I loved about it. Except that first episode with the FF and Doom.... That was an epic episode.

I don't remember it getting 'kid friendly'... though seriously were talking the Avengers. They SHOULD be kid friendly... but I've only seen that season once and a long time ago. Been thinking of revisiting that series on Disney plus, but haven't gotten to it yet.

YJ became worse because almost every character became worse, and the cartoon was pretty character focused, The Reach, Blue Beetle, and Static were the best things in season 2, The Light barely focuses in the other members so they look even more interchangeable, and season 3 just doesn't have much interesting **** going on, it introduces this idea of the League acting like The Light with the manipulation, then the cartoon did nothing interesting with it, and it has too many characters while barely developing a lot of them, plus it had the same ending as season 2 with "Darkseid will come someday", yeah...
    This sounds legit. I remember the first season being tight with a core group and a lot of personality and drive... and season 2 being bloated with a time gap and a horde of new characters and very little time spent on anyone in particular. Season 3, I didn't pay to see so I have no opinion.

I see no mention of either in the synopsis.

There was a link attached to that to some season 3 concept art. https://imgur.com/gallery/C2T9J5A#u7Dxe7L

Though honestly, I don't ever believe that 'Son of Satan' would have ever been an episode... and I'm pretty sure Rom is tied up in licensing hell. So I tend to take these things with a grain of salt

WatXM always seemed like a 'sequel' to something else. The whole show was basically about trying to get the band back together... Any previous continutity or knowledge you have of X-men... may or may not apply. Probably doesn't... Whereas EMH was all about building the Marvel universe from the ground up. Connecting the two shows would have had a weird tonal shift that I don't think would have done either any good.
    Like I said, it could end up being like Justice League, references to past cartoons exist, but you can understand the story without watching 'em.

I don't remember it getting 'kid friendly'... though seriously were talking the Avengers. They SHOULD be kid friendly... but I've only seen that season once and a long time ago. Been thinking of revisiting that series on Disney plus, but haven't gotten to it yet.
    There were more blatant moral lessons around, like the one where Thor is depowered and they have to fight that armor, which is more of a kid friendly thing.

This sounds legit. I remember the first season being tight with a core group and a lot of personality and drive... and season 2 being bloated with a time gap and a horde of new characters and very little time spent on anyone in particular. Season 3, I didn't pay to see so I have no opinion.
    Another thing that screwed up season 2 is how obviously the amount of episodes was cut short for whatever reason, season 1 has 26 episodes, season 2 has 20, season 3 has 26 again, and there's at least two scenes that really look like they cut off episodes, like when Dick kicks out Arsenal from the Team in the middle of a battle (He says it's a bad time to do it, and does it anyways), and when Arsenal joins the Runaways, he immediately learns they were being helped by Lex, and they all leave Luthor to go help out the Team later (Or at least Static did), even though they were annoyed with the Team seconds before.

Season 3, it honestly makes it look like YJ just becomes worse per season, drop of quality is more noticeable The Light might as well have only Lex and Vandal as the leaders... Why have 7 members when not even half do much?

I hope I'm wrong about it becoming worse per season, otherwise I won't bother with season 4, and because of how whatever season 3 already was, I'm considering to not watch it if it's not a significant improvement over season 3.

There was a link attached to that to some season 3 concept art. https://imgur.com/gallery/C2T9J5A#u7Dxe7L

Though honestly, I don't ever believe that 'Son of Satan' would have ever been an episode... and I'm pretty sure Rom is tied up in licensing hell. So I tend to take these things with a grain of salt
    Oh right, didn't check the gallery lol.

Interesting the X-Men are using suits that are more like Kirby's...

Also Wasp powered by Enigma Force, wonder which episode would have that, she might be in space, maybe it'd show up against Phoenix or Sultur?

Morbius being there could be cool... Oh well, what a tease lol.

Yeah, Marvel don't own ROM, Hasbro do, so he's completely unusable in Marvel adaptations. I pointed that out in this thread's first post, suspecting it as being fake because of that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Here's what Josh Fine had to say about the connection between EMH and WaTXM in terms of the show's portrayal of the X-Men:

Indeed. While Chris and I were working on Season 1 of AEMH, I was simultaneously working on development of Season 2 of Wolverine and the X-Men with Head Writer Greg Johnson. My intention at the time (early in the Season 1 writing process for AEMH) was for the two shows to enter into continuity with one another to create some kind of shared universe with the possibility of cross-overs down the road. By the time we got to AEMH Season 2, though, WatX had already been cancelled for quite some time. The only thing in AEMH that even slightly hinted at continuity with WatX was a single line from Nick Fury about the Mardies in one of the Ant-Man & Wasp Micro-Episodes. There wasn't room for a mutant episode in Season 2, so it didn't really become an issue until we started tossing around ideas for where the show might go in Season 3--but at that point, we were both leaning towards breaking continuity with WatX and starting with a fresher, less-continuity-laden X-Men team that would have fit the classic tone and feel of AEMH a bit better.

As it turns out, we never got that far though. So, as I've said before, anyone who loves the idea that these shows are in continuity is welcome to continue seeing them that way (they were originally intended to be.) Anyone who enjoys them more as their own stand-alone universes is also justified in seeing them that way (we were almost certainly going to go this route if we continued.) People who have a desperate need to know what is and isn't canon... well, they can just hate me for existing in this horrible grey area of truthiness.
    I also feel like the show had a much better take on Secret Invasion than the comics did.

A little to X-Men centric for an Avengers show....I mean save some stuff for an X-Men show...that said it would have been nice to have Scarlet Witch have a prominent role with the Avengers where she belongs and to see Black Knight with them as well....I don't trust the Avengers with the PF either if they were to adapt AvX I rather it be over something else.....its looks there were going to damage xmen lore for this show.....I will say the none xmen stuff looks pretty interesting.
    Last edited by cam18; 12-27-2023 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    This is easily the best Avengers cartoon ever. Another casualty of synergy, unfortunately. I don't see why they didn't just alter the lineup of EMH to suit the movies instead of creating a new show.
    Or just keep the show as is. As an insight for kids into the more authentic Marvel U. By far and away Marvel's best animated effort in terms of storytelling and characterization.

I'd imagine both the Kree/Skrull War and Galactus would not have been shoehorned into the second season. They were teasing Surtur and Muspelheim early on in Season 2, so perhaps he would've been the big bad of that season.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Since the early 2010s when Loeb and Quesada came along, they have generally aimed to dumb down their shows to the same extent that WB in the 90s aimed to make them more mature. Even EMH was dumbed down in the second half of Season 2 once Loeb came along. I doubt we will get something good from Marvel Animation for a long while.
    Was Quesada involved in animation? I do know Loeb was involved with the dumbing down. The Avengers series was finally something that could compare with DC's Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, and then TPTB just crapped all over it.