Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Okay, so say that the detractors are all right and the Five's Resurrection Protocols only create clones and they don't have the "real" souls of the dead mutants.

What if Wanda were to take part in a ritual with Magik, [A] and other spiritually inclined mutants to summon those souls and implant them in all of the resurrected mutants?

Would that help redeem her?
    Something like this. But I don't want it to be revealed that there is a problem with Resurrection. I would like to see her join Marauders where she could most directly help endangered mutants, while also learning about and embracing Krakoa and mutant culture. Then after a while, something goes wrong with the Five, and a couple of them die (maybe Egg and Proteus), so Wanda steps in to help and with Hope boosting her powers she helps resurrect them (and maybe also manages to stabilize Proteus' powers so that he isn't constantly burning through husks).

No more resurrections thus meaning death is death towards Krakoa and maybe the rest of heroes and villains

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The thing is... We don't need a mutant story for Wanda. She maybe needs it to get closure or some clout or whatever, but the X-Men don't. She's never been an X-Men and her being mutant was a quirk more than anything. Like Children Crusade and her part in Empyre showed us, her stories about redemption are about her and her only. She doesn't care about mutants and we don't need Wanda to be a savior or anything.

No more Wanda in X-Comics please
    Also, they had already moved on with her character, so I'm not sure she needed it either. Her role or a version of her (whatever this is) seems to just be drudging something up that both had moved on from. Mutants don't need her to rez them. They can possibly do that themselves. Her other self is off with a bunch of other Avengers somewhere. It's weird and definitely unnecessary. I said from the start that any presence of her on Krakoa would just antagonize and make things worse. And here we are!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So like a well aged prostitute... Takes years to learn her tricks. She is cruel laughs when you are naked teehee, yet you keep coming back for more and more!! Why?!?!? Cause she's the only prostitute they can afford......

(If someone gets this reference I will be so pleased LMAO)
    LMAO Duuuude I got baked and watched this whole movie.... Fave part is George Lopez and the shrieking courtesans....
    Mistress thy name is Ping Pong
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    LMAO Duuuude I got baked and watched this whole movie.... Fave part is George Lopez and the shrieking courtesans....
    Mistress thy name is Ping Pong
    Yaaaaasssss u got the reference!!!! LMAO!! I was high as fuck last time I watched this movie too shit is a trip!! Lol

Yaaaaasssss u got the reference!!!! LMAO!! I was high as fuck last time I watched this movie too shit is a trip!! Lol
    Yeah I met the main courtsan the dude who voiced Boomhauer on King of the Hill and was in OfficeSpace on Marta one day and for some reason I approached him and we talked about that movie....idk why I brought it up lol super nice guy!

Onnnne thing that's kinda sour is that I wished sexy AF Jason Scott Lee was the lead instead of ANOTHER pasty dude that ends to With the impossibly hot chick+ the white savior in "Far East Asia" is plaaaayed out

https://images.app.goo.gl/MgWyuZjiRPgGY5vU6
    My favorite scene....
    "What would you do if you had a million dollars"
    "I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man."
    Last edited by BroHomo; 09-08-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Okay, so say that the detractors are all right and the Five's Resurrection Protocols only create clones and they don't have the "real" souls of the dead mutants.

What if Wanda were to take part in a ritual with Magik, [A] and other spiritually inclined mutants to summon those souls and implant them in all of the resurrected mutants?

Would that help redeem her?
    So.

I promise I'm not trying to be pompous.
    Redemption and Forgiveness are often used interchangeably.
    I've been thinking about both recently and being reminded of the differences actually helped me somewhat.

Redemption is when the transgressor compensates for, or works toward offsetting, an error or defect.
    Which means that redemption is more of a responsibility and course of action for the offender.
    It's up to them to work towards redemption, if possible.

Forgiveness is another matter.
    That's about letting go of feelings of resentment against an offender.
    And it's a lot trickier, because it's not in the offender's hands, but rather everyone else.
    Also, feelings.

If I had to guess why they're somewhat synonymous, it may be because it's easier to forgive someone seeking redemption.
    That said, forgiveness is not always a guarantee.

----

For Wanda specifically, I'd say redemption is possible.
    Depending on how responsible you think Wanda is for House of M, you could even argue it's already done (AvX).

But Forgiveness?
    That seems...far less likely.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 09-08-2020 at 02:25 PM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah I met the main courtsan the dude who voiced Boomhauer on King of the Hill and was in OfficeSpace on Marta one day and for some reason I approached him and we talked about that movie....idk why I brought it up lol super nice guy!

Onnnne thing that's kinda sour is that I wished sexy AF Jason Scott Lee was the lead instead of ANOTHER pasty dude that ends to With the impossibly hot chick+ the white savior in "Far East Asia" is plaaaayed out

https://images.app.goo.gl/MgWyuZjiRPgGY5vU6
    My favorite scene....
    "What would you do if you had a million dollars"
    "I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man."
    Agreed that motherfucker was not on her level at all!!! Sweaty ass, fat, dirty, dusty and all things crusty white dude pulling a woman like that!?!?! I THINK NOT!! Lol

Agreed that motherfucker was not on her level at all!!! Sweaty ass, fat, dirty, dusty and all things crusty white dude pulling a woman like that!?!?! I THINK NOT!! Lol
    Lol Dude soooo right
    I meeean Zamn...
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The Empyre issue seemed to imply that she needs to die for M-Day to be undone(which doesn't really make sense to me, but sure). So I have a theory that she will do just that, and go through the resurrection protocols, either by turning out to be a mutant all along or being reborn with the X gene(kinda like how Sinister became a mutant).
    That one would only really work if we go with the idea that Xavier and Moira manipulated/arranged/influenced mutantdom’s travails since M-Day (which would have required Strange and BB’s assistance), and somehow I don’t see Hickman going that route

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No more M-day threads.
    Agreed. This really could have been in one of the other many Wanda threads

BANNED

why is she being allowed to move???