BANNED

Default Homelander(The Boys) raises Brandon(Brightburn)

After playing too much GOW4, Homelander decides that he too should be a father figure. Lo and behold, a slew of reports have been going around about a flying man causing all kinds of chaos.

He finds Brandon and after a serious super-powered spanking, informs Brandon that he has taken custody of him as his legal guardian. As such, he is now Brandon's father.

How badly does this one go?
    Last edited by T51R; 09-08-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Well Brightburn is rather heavily implied to be like a cuckoo bird: his instincts to be what he is are stronger than his upbringing. So he might not actually be changed much by having a different father. That said, IF Brightburn can be affected by parenting, then this is one of the few cases where Homelander might actually be a positive influence. Homelander is a monster, but he's a monster who cares a great deal about his public image, meaning he doesn't just kill willy-nilly, largely restricting himself to selective assassinations. If he can instill that value in Brightburn, the result would still be an awful person, but not the roving nuclear bomb that Brightburn is implied to become in his own movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Well Brightburn is rather heavily implied to be like a cuckoo bird: his instincts to be what he is are stronger than his upbringing. So he might not actually be changed much by having a different father. That said, IF Brightburn can be affected by parenting, then this is one of the few cases where Homelander might actually be a positive influence. Homelander is a monster, but he's a monster who cares a great deal about his public image, meaning he doesn't just kill willy-nilly, largely restricting himself to selective assassinations. If he can instill that value in Brightburn, the result would still be an awful person, but not the roving nuclear bomb that Brightburn is implied to become in his own movie.
    One of the movie's dynamics is that Brandon knows that his parents can't do anything to him. The same can't be said for Homelander who's pretty much superior to him in every way. Hell. I wouldn't put it past Homelander to give Brandon stockholm syndrome to keep him under his thumb to be honest.

BANNED

So, I found this. I thought Hanma Yujiro was a dick, but this...I...think Brandon is going to be an even bigger, smarter, more ruthless, and much, much more cunning monster than he already is.

FFS I have a feeling Homelander is going to actually be proud of breaking him in and giving him stockholm syndrome. So that he can train him to be a monster molded after himself.

Incredible Member

I feel like they will both be a horrible influence on each other. While we don't know anything about Brandon's original species, it's' heavily implied that they are a predatory race and that Brandon was sent to Earth to conquer it and make it his own. Live action Homelander certainly has contemplated why he bothers taking orders from people who are his physical inferior but so far has shown to lack any solid aspirations for taking over the world, prefering instead to play the part that Vaught wants him to play in exchange for the overwhelming love and affection of the masses as well as a giant paycheck.

Homelander could actually give Brandon a father figure to look up to and Brightburn could give Homelander the push he is currently missing to up and just take control over the whole world. IOW, the two go from horribly bad to even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    I feel like they will both be a horrible influence on each other. While we don't know anything about Brandon's original species, it's' heavily implied that they are a predatory race and that Brandon was sent to Earth to conquer it and make it his own.
    I feel like Brandon is what Goku was supposed to be.