Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Oh, for that they're gonna need A WHOLE LOT MORE retconning.
    Oh, I'm sure many, many more creative sins will be papered over with the coming continuity revamp.

BANNED

Okay, this issue is good, but to be honest, how many time Reverse-Flash had been used as the scapegoat of the Flash family. This guy must be the best scapegoat in the DC universe because he really makes everything 'kind' sense just by the villain of the Flash. But overall, this has been a fun arc. Not good, but eh I can still stomach it.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    While I'm glad they were able to use Thawne's time shenanigans to explain away ever bad creative decision from the past several years, I'm not sure I want to see anyone to use Reverse Flash again like this. This has got to be a one-time "Get Out of Jail Free" card that the Flash franchise gets to use to handwave away digging themselves into a creative hole.
    It started with Reverse Flash, so it's fitting that it should end with Reverse Flash.

I hope they give old Eobard a nice, long rest after this. He's been REALLY busy these past ten years.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Okay, this issue is good, but to be honest, how many time Reverse-Flash had been used as the scapegoat of the Flash family. This guy must be the best scapegoat in the DC universe because he really makes everything 'kind' sense just by the villain of the Flash. But overall, this has been a fun arc. Not good, but eh I can still stomach it.
    He's not the villain the Flash mythos deserves, but the one it needs right now.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 09-08-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It started with Reverse Flash, so it's fitting that it should end with Reverse Flash.

I hope they give old Eobard a nice, long rest after this. He's been REALLY busy these past ten years.

Yeah, I want Eobard appearing to feel like an event. Lately, he's felt like an annoying houseguest who won't leave.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, I want Eobard appearing to feel like an event. Lately, he's felt like an annoying houseguest who won't leave.
    He is to the Flash franchise what Joker is to the Batman franchise.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It still doesn’t explain why he picked Hunter. August was chosen because he was Barry’s best friend but if Thawne hadn’t meddled with time in the first place, Hunter and Wally wouldn’t have met at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    He's not the villain the Flash mythos deserves, but the one it needs right now.
    Here is the true hero of Flash, Eobard Thawne - The Reverse Flash. He become the villains for the Flashes' sins so this series can be at least readable.

Spectacular Member

Thawne at this point really is just actually living and being the embodiment of the IT WAS MEEEEEEE memes about him and it's kind of hilarious.

I laughed a ton at "THIS IS THE LAST TIME BARRY ALLEN AND THAWNE EVER RACE" Dude, we all know it's not going to be. He'll be off the board for a few years max and if they REALLY want to stick to that line they always have the out of "It's Thawne from before that in his personal timeline". But yeah I do hope he at least gets a decently long break. Beyond just overuse of him for retcons as a concept the Reverse Flash is meant to be a giant "OH SHIT" whenever one of them shows up, Thawne is the main Reverse Flash and probably alway swill be now... so the more often he shows up the more He loses his terrifying "OH SHIT" factor. He's essentially THE Ultimate villain not just for Barry but for the entire Flash family now so he REALLY needs to keep that. Thawne appearing should basically always be an all hands on deck situation.

Here's hoping all this and Death Metal lead to a second Flash book centered around ether just Wally or the Flash Family (or one of Wally or Barry gets the main book, the other is the JL Flash and the rest of the Flash family gets their own book) cause god knows with how massive the Flash family is again they really need one.

That and give Jay a mini series or something. Also I really wish Jay and E2 Jay had gotten to interact beyond the Flash on Two Worlds homage.

Also I have to say... I never expected to see Walter West again.. even only in a 2 page spread cameo.
    Last edited by Mojo; 09-09-2020 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    She had the baby in Convergence: Justice League (it was a boy. Called Johnny after his grandfather.)
    Isn't that the same event in which Lois Lane also gave birth (to Jon?). Four years into New 52, and officially an alternate universe. Superman and Lois are the only characters from Convergence who ended up on Prime Earth. So there's an AU where Jesse had her baby, but the mainstream version didn't.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

This issue basically fulfilled "Thawne responsible for all bad things happened in Flashes' life " meme. He also unintentionally saved Flash Family and even the whole DCU in a meta way perspective
    I love this issue
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Spectacular Member

Retcon! YES!!! Welcome back, Wally!

LOL. They retconned even Wallace's characterization in Damian's Teen Titans. Not the most elegant solution and some of those retcons weren't exactly needed, but I'm glad Wally is somehow redeemed, even if I wish all of HiC got erased (including the senseless deaths).

Extraordinary Member

I’m torn.

On one hand, I’m glad they retcon’d a bunch of garbage that was ruining several characters (which was the writers own damn faults)

That said if every stupid decision can be wiped away by “Thawne did it” going forward, it kinda cheapens everything.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Honestly this is kinda the sucky thing. Since really Return of Barry Allen, Thawne has progressively become more of threat. Time travel so he can never truly die, then he has the negative speed force, then he’s a complete time anomaly, and now he has even more god powers.

He’s becoming unusable. Great character, but he’s either going to complicate every Flash story going forward or he needs to kinda die and be toned down before coming back