Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    And we seem headed for an "it all happened" approach which I absolutely love. It was true for 45 years before CoIE came along, said some things happened and some didn't, revised essentially everything, and then just had to keep revising over and over and over again for the next 35 years. If we're heading back to the "it all happened" status enjoyed before CoIE, I'll be super happy about that.
    I really hope we're headed towards a "It All Happened" approach to DCU continuity as well. Unfortunately, the tug-o-war over what did and didn't happened since 1985 will leave fans who fell in love with a specific status quo during that time out in the cold, but they're never going to be able to please everyone, nor should they try.

DC should establish that the broad strokes of their entire history took place and hand-wave any inconsistencies away as temporary glitches due to time shenanigans. Certain details will have to be fudged in regards to the Trinity, but restoring Wonder Woman to the Golden Age while keeping Superman and Batman as the beginning of the Modern Age that began in a perpetually sliding "15 Years Ago" timeline works just fine as neither of these two were really active participants in the JSA or All-Star Squadron during the 1940s.

In regards to the Flash characters, DC should stop trying to silo characters off from each other, and let creators use whomever they want for any particular story, be it in continuity or in a stand alone story.

I would love to see YA or kids-centric Flash comics focused on Bart, Wallace, Avery, Jesse, and Wally's family. My students have always loved the family and legacy aspect of the Flash, with the mantle being passed from one generation to the next in a line that stretches across time and dimensions. Hopefully, the Flashpoint movie, if it ever gets made, will lean into that concept even further.

The Flash has to be more than Barry Allen or Wally West. It has to be about everybody. With Didio gone, his aversion to legacy characters doesn't need to hold this franchise back anymore. I understand his thinking behind stripping these characters down to their simplest and most iconic incarnations in order to create stories that are easier to adapt for more profitable mediums, but Spider-Verse has blown that thinking out of the water. Modern audiences are ready for multiple flavors of the same idea. All it takes is talented creators to figure out how to adapt them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Of course, Hypertime achieved essentially the same goal twenty years ago.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    As with most things, Morrison was ahead of the curve and we're just catching up to him now. I dearly wish we could have gotten Morrison, Waid & Millar's Superman Now, along with Morrison's Hyper-Crisis back in the 90s.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    People have been very critic regarding how Williamson wrote Barry for most of his run, but man.. I have ZERO doubts he LOVES The Flash (the characters, family and Legacy)

And as most people here already pointed out, Didio and Editorial were messing with what he had already envisioned for his run, in almost every way possible.. So seeing him making to the Finish Line (literally) on his own terms now, makes me really happy for him, and for the now-back Flash Family

Just 2 more weeks for the conclusion guys ! Let's go !
    I have been very critic, and I agree.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I understand his thinking behind stripping these characters down to their simplest and most iconic incarnations in order to create stories that are easier to adapt for more profitable mediums, but Spider-Verse has blown that thinking out of the water. Modern audiences are ready for multiple flavors of the same idea. All it takes is talented creators to figure out how to adapt them properly.
    If he actually tried to to gauge the interests of his readership instead of playing internet troll, Spider-Verse could have been a Flash movie.

Let's face it, it should have been a Flash movie. Somehow the guy managed to let both "legacy" and "the multiverse" there for Marvel to take ownership, all because he really liked to say "Who's Wally West again?" in conventions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I'm up on most but not all continuity (such as it is lately) but is this the first we've seen of Jae and Irey on main earth since Flashpoint? I know they appeared in Flash Forward but I can't remember a dang thing about that series except that it was boring and it did not take place on earth.

If Jae and Irie have returned, does that mean Linda Park remembers too?

I mean, not that the current continuity will remain after Death Metal, etc. And we seem headed for an "it all happened" approach which I absolutely love. It was true for 45 years before CoIE came along, said some things happened and some didn't, revised essentially everything, and then just had to keep revising over and over and over again for the next 35 years. If we're heading back to the "it all happened" status enjoyed before CoIE, I'll be super happy about that.

And, if that's the case, Linda, Jae, and Irey will be back anyway.

But for now, are they back? Have they been back before this latest issue?
    Wally reunited Linda, Irey and Jae at the end of Flash Forward after he sat on the Mobius Chair. Linda regained her memories of her children when she saw them.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I'll be monumentally disappointed if Flash/Barry delivers pizzas to civilians again in FLASH # 762. He's the FLASH, damn it...not PIZZA DELIVERY MAN.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I'll be monumentally disappointed if Flash/Barry delivers pizzas to civilians again in FLASH # 762. He's the FLASH, damn it...not PIZZA DELIVERY MAN.

I heavily disagree.

Any hero can save you. Only the Flash brings you pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I heavily disagree.

Any hero can save you. Only the Flash brings you pizza.
    Toby Maquire Spiderman: am i a joke to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I would love to see YA or kids-centric Flash comics focused on Bart, Wallace, Avery, Jesse, and Wally's family. My students have always loved the family and legacy aspect of the Flash, with the mantle being passed from one generation to the next in a line that stretches across time and dimensions. Hopefully, the Flashpoint movie, if it ever gets made, will lean into that concept even further.
    Now I'm horrified at the prospect of a YA Flash graphic novel centered around Barry Allen coming of age after his mother was murdered and his father was imprisoned...

Live-Action Flashpoint seems like it will focus more on Flash and Batman's wild ride than the Flash legacy.
    If he actually tried to to gauge the interests of his readership instead of playing internet troll, Spider-Verse could have been a Flash movie.

Let's face it, it should have been a Flash movie. Somehow the guy managed to let both "legacy" and "the multiverse" there for Marvel to take ownership, all because he really liked to say "Who's Wally West again?" in conventions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Admittedly the Multiverse is more of a Flash thing than a Spider-Man thing, as is the concept of legacy heroes.

Anything is better than a rehash of Flashpoint.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Well, he's gone now. I look forward to the nerd rage at whatever idiotic decisions the next regime makes

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm horrified at the prospect of a YA Flash graphic novel centered around Barry Allen coming of age after his mother was murdered and his father was imprisoned...

Live-Action Flashpoint seems like it will focus more on Flash and Batman's wild ride than the Flash legacy.

Admittedly the Multiverse is more of a Flash thing than a Spider-Man thing, as is the concept of legacy heroes.

Anything is better than a rehash of Flashpoint.
    This mediocre story needs to go away.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I really hope Thawne loses the bad editorial/writing eraser powers at the end of this arc. It was an interesting twist but one that should never be used again.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

My boy, Walter West, is back!

How is Earth 2 young Jay Garrick also here? What ended up being the explanation for the New 52 Earth 2 people and their current status, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    My boy, Walter West, is back!

How is Earth 2 young Jay Garrick also here? What ended up being the explanation for the New 52 Earth 2 people and their current status, I guess?
    IIRC The Earth 2 series ended with a literal reboot button, with the surviving cast (including Jay) protecting the newly formed world and its inhabitants, with a hopeful future ahead apparently

That was back in 2016, and Earth 2 and its main cast made no further appearances ever since, aside from blink-and-you-miss-it cameos in some few books/stories

I think E2 Jay made a silent cameo on this Flash run, in the new Forces arc, when Barry asked for guidance in a Multiversal Flashes audience

Aside from that, and his appearance in this issue, what happened to the Earth 2 people is unknown (but I guess they are doing just fine, and they really deserve some peace after how Apokolips screwed them up ever since.. forever?)
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 09-11-2020 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    The infinite Earths of the DC Multiverse are back. As a result, every single version of the DCU that has ever been published, proposed, or theorized now exists somewhere out there, no matter how obscure, irregardless of whether it's been rebooted, retconned or erased from continuity, because infinite new Earths are constantly being created

Essentially, everything is back in play again. It doesn't mean every character is going to be appearing regularly, but they are available to use if someone wants them.