Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inhuman series

Default Inhuman series

Does anybody care at this point?!? It is literally 6 months after Infinity, talk about lost momentum. With the exception of New Warriors, I haven't heard or seen mention of the Inhumanity event.

Well, we just have to hope that quality wins out, because it's a legitimately good book.

Also, presumably it'll cross over with Ms Marvel at some point, and that'll be fun.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Well, we just have to hope that quality wins out, because it's a legitimately good book.

Also, presumably it'll cross over with Ms Marvel at some point, and that'll be fun.
    I keep forgetting Kamala is just across the river from the crash site. It will be interesting to see how the Jersey Girl reacts to seeing her "real kin" just offshore.
    Last edited by Indelible; 08-16-2014 at 04:02 PM.

I want to like the new characters and new series, but am not really feeling it. I am still trying, but the premise, I feel is completely stolen from the X-line due to movie rights issues. It's very rushed and if they are trying to make the Inhumans feel like the new mutants of the MU I just don't feel like that is what is really happening. That said, I do really like Kamala and Haechi and The Inhuman Royal Family.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    Does anybody care at this point?!? It is literally 6 months after Infinity, talk about lost momentum. With the exception of New Warriors, I haven't heard or seen mention of the Inhumanity event.
    I care, yes it's taken a little long to release the issues, but I'm behind on my reading anyway, and I'll usually wait until a story plays out before actually reading it. So delays don't really bother me.

The book is pretty decent tbh. The conflict between the Inhuman groups has a lot of potential and I'm interested in what will come.

The big problem is that none of the NuHuman characters look very unique and they haven't been particularly developed yet either. The Inferno guy is the worst of the bunch: his motivations are already rather cliché and he looks like a derivate of the Human Torch. Aside from Medusa no one in that book has a striking appearance or attitude. If they fix that maybe we'll get somewhere though.

The delays have also hurt the book. It's not exactly setting the charts on fire right now.

That said I do love Kamala <3.

BANNED

I wrote it all off when they killed Karnak. I understand wanting a death for the dramatic effect(as cliche as that is), but why did they have to kill one of the few established, interesting Inhumans? So annoying.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    I hope not. Ms. Marvel is going great. I'm hopeful that they'll leave it alone and let the book remain as it is. I get that Inhuman needs the sales boost from her a crossover with her book, but Kamala doesn't really fit with what I've seen of Inhuman.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

The issues being so far apart is hurting the Inhuman push a great deal.

At the very least Medusa is awesome in the series and reminds everyone why she's Queen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    I want to like the new characters and new series, but am not really feeling it. I am still trying, but the premise, I feel is completely stolen from the X-line due to movie rights issues. It's very rushed and if they are trying to make the Inhumans feel like the new mutants of the MU I just don't feel like that is what is really happening. That said, I do really like Kamala and Haechi and The Inhuman Royal Family.
    How could it be rushed? The book was delayed like 3 months before issue one hit stands.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    The issues being so far apart is hurting the Inhuman push a great deal.

At the very least Medusa is awesome in the series and reminds everyone why she's Queen.
    Well the good news is issues 4,5 & 6 all come out in September and 7 in October!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ceebiro already started the Inhuman #3 spoiler thread which has a fair amount of discussion so the interest is there.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I am really enjoying the book. I hate that there has been such a huge delay, but am really looking forward to Ryan Stegman coming in and the series taking off.

All-New Member

Hello everyone,

I just started again collecting. Really enjoying the Inhuman series.

I have a question about the Inhuman #1 variant editions.

Why is there a big price difference between Scott Campbell vs Milo Manara or Humberto Ramos covers?

They all look nice but just learning and getting back into the world of comics. Thank you..

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    Yeah, the delays and creative team hijinks absolutely crushed the massive push Marvel intended to put behind the Inhumans. It was a risky proposition, as it seems Marvel tries to get the Inhumans over every few years and usually to very little effect. If they wanted it to succeed this time they would have had to execute well, which they clearly did not do.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!