Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 43.24%
  • No

21 56.76%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do you like Peter Parker's characterization in the BND era?

Do you like it? Also, how does it compare to current era characterization?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusMegatron01 View Post
    Do you like it? Also, how does it compare to current era characterization?
    I hated the BND era with a passion. There is not a single era I hated more then that. Spencer’s era is exponential better then Slott’s. I have been over the reasons time and time again, but grading them so far Spencer is trending A-/B+ territory and Slott was a flat out grade of F ( and without Spider Island, RYV snd maybe 2 other stories I would give him a zero.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I hated the BND era with a passion. There is not a single era I hated more then that. Spencer’s era is exponential better then Slott’s. I have been over the reasons time and time again, but grading them so far Spencer is trending A-/B+ territory and Slott was a flat out grade of F ( and without Spider Island, RYV snd maybe 2 other stories I would give him a zero.
    So Manchin pete vs adult pete

They were a wonderful breath of fresh air after JMS's stuff. Spidey was acting like Spidey again.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

The first Spider-Man comic I bought was when the 'Big Time' storyline started and I've been collecting ever since. I really only knew Slott's characterization and maybe Bendis' from New Avengers. I had moved in with a friend and her fiance mid-2008 and they were really into different comics than I was at that time. I was only collecting Star Wars, Transformers, Witchblade, and everything X-Men related at the time. Dude had been a collector of Spider-Man, Avengers, and Iron Man mostly and shared everything he had thought was essential for me to read and get caught up on for Secret Invasion. So, he had me read Avengers Disassembled, New Avengers and Mighty Avengers. Iron Man and Spider-Man from Civil War on to whatever the current stuff was. I had an entire Month or so off before starting a new job and that's what I filled a lot of time with. That and smoking loads of pot. It was intense and so great! Anyway, most of that was JMS, Slott, Bendis and a couple other guys and I loved it all. So much so, I started collecting all of those titles and over the years collecting trades of all the stories I read during that time. I really like Slott's Peter until the end of Superior Spider-Man and Amazing came back. That's when Slott really lost his voice for me. But he eventually got it back after a year and finished his run beautifully in my opinion. I find it hard to read a lot of other writer's versions because I mostly know Slott's interpretation.

No, somehow BND Spider-Man came across as dumber and more imature that he ever was as a teenager.
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-09-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona