Page 27 of 126 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Zeke isn't getting carries because the Cowboy have played from behind all season. Their defense can't stop anyone and they are giving up too many points in the first quarter and having to play catch-up all game. Their O-line is also been a mess. Travis Frederick's retirement has devastated the stability of the)-line that once was the envy of the league. La'el Collins is out for the season, their on their 2nd or 3rd center already this season, Tyron Smith, as good as he is, misses time every season and has missed about half the games so far. Russell Martin is the only reliable top tier talent left on that line. And yet, the offense is still not the problem. Yes, you would like to see them grind out drives and keep opposing offenses off the field, but you can't do that when those opposing offenses are driving and scoring at will form the start of the game and you fall behind 2-3 scores in the first half. The losses haven't been as close as the final scores indicate, and their lone win was an improbable comeback from a huge deficit. It's hard to commit to the run and long grinding drives when your defense puts you behind by 2 or more scores every game because they can't get opposing offenses off the field. Until they solve those defensive woes, Zeke is not going to be a factor and Prescott is going to have to try to air it out for quick scores to catch up on the scoreboard. And that is not a recipe for a winning season. Their only saving grace is that as bad as the NFC East is, 7-9 could win the division.

-M
    You nailed the 2020 Cowboys to the tee.

Defense is SO bad though not sure they can get to 7 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Bears vs. Buccaneers tonight, meaning it’s also a Super Bowl 51 rematch between Nick Foles and Tom Brady. If things hadn’t changed for both teams, we’d be looking at Mitch Trubisky and Jameis Winston instead, not exactly a marquee sort of matchup.
    Yah I've been really enjoying the Bucs and Bears resurgence this year. It feels odd.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

So Patriots have no new positives today but have to check tomorrow in order to be in the clear.

And rumblings out of KC are somebody's family member tested positive.

Bucs have a positive family member, too, but it was reported the family lives in another state, away from their player.

I guess we shall see.

COVID rumors are the new trade spitballing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    You nailed the 2020 Cowboys to the tee.

Defense is SO bad though not sure they can get to 7 wins.
    True about the defense. It's god-awful.

If they do get to 7 wins, that might be enough to win the NFC (L)East.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    True about the defense. It's god-awful.

If they do get to 7 wins, that might be enough to win the NFC (L)East.
    My money is on the Eagles taking the division with a sub .500 and Cowboys trading everybody good this year. And the Eagles will win in the playoffs just enough to really screw up their draft. Like go to the championship only to get blown out level.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-08-2020 at 10:19 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think Wentz and Eagles will pull it together and take the East as well. With 7 0r 8 wins.

I also just heard Dallas' LT Tyron Smith may be sitting out the rest of the season due to neck stingers. Not good news for Dak.

Bears vs. Buccaneers tonight, meaning it’s also a Super Bowl 51 rematch between Nick Foles and Tom Brady. If things hadn’t changed for both teams, we’d be looking at Mitch Trubisky and Jameis Winston instead, not exactly a marquee sort of matchup.
    I'll be rooting for Foles again just like I did in the Super Bowl. Even though I'm a Dallas fan.

Hope he does well.

Extraordinary Member

Brady could break the TD record tonight

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Bears beat the Bucs.

Too many penalties, however.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Nick Foles wasn't pretty out there but as said , he does enough to win. The Bears likely will be looking at the draft for a QB since Trubisky didn't work out. (They already declined his 5th year option in off season , this year was make or break for him)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Apparently the Bears and Chiefs have had one person each test positive. For the Bears it was a practice squad player and for the Chiefs it was the strength and conditioning coach. I saw the info over on SI.com.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Nick Foles wasn't pretty out there but as said , he does enough to win. The Bears likely will be looking at the draft for a QB since Trubisky didn't work out. (They already declined his 5th year option in off season , this year was make or break for him)
    What is it with the Bears and their generations long inability to draft and develop a franchise quarterback? The list of passers who’ve come and gone through the Windy City like a bad case of the runs is astounding, and it’s clear they’ve failed yet again with Trubisky. I just don’t understand it all.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

What is it with the Bears and their generations long inability to draft and develop a franchise quarterback? The list of passers who’ve come and gone through the Windy City like a bad case of the runs is astounding, and it’s clear they’ve failed yet again with Trubisky. I just don’t understand it all.
    It's enough of a thing that I remember a flash cartoon several years back after Cutler went there. He arrived in a crate and the staff in Chicago hadn't seen a quarterback in so long they had difficulty pronouncing the word, and they had NO idea what it actually meant.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I think the Eagles can beat the Steelers today. I also think that the Giants can win against the Cowboys.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's enough of a thing that I remember a flash cartoon several years back after Cutler went there. He arrived in a crate and the staff in Chicago hadn't seen a quarterback in so long they had difficulty pronouncing the word, and they had NO idea what it actually meant.

Back when Brett Farve was entering his final season in Green Bay they ran down a total in a paper of how many QB's had played for the Chicago Bears in that span. It was a pretty big number in 14-15 seasons. From Erik Kramer to Rick Mirer. It was a wild list to see span in that time.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.