Page 33 of 126 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I wonder if Darth Hoodie might take a flyer on Trubisky? It’s pretty much a given the Bears will cut him loose after the season, could Belichick and Josh McDaniels turn Trubisky around, or is he a lost cause?
    Depends on Cam and Stidham. The latter looked better than Cam on the deep routes ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    DING DING ...

Dak was offered a 4-5 year deal. He was gonna make Russell Wilson type money each year. This without doing Wilson type results . Let alone Mahomes as we see.

Pat Mahomes deal is one KC can even go in ala Jerry Jones and redo as QB salaries go up as well. He signed a long term deal for that reason. As posted (which I should have copied sorry) its easier to go in and redo things down the line with longer years for NFL cap. I don't blame Prescott wanting to make as much as possible. But if you haven't done it...yet , you can't be demanding that. You have to earn it. (Mahomes and Wilson both did it and got rewarded as we see)
    I feel so bad for Dak. As a Cowboy fan I'm sick to my stomach.

But WTF man, he should have taken that contract offered.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There is the possibility in the Prescott/Jones argument of "it's a little of column A and a little of column B".

Me, I feel for Dak in betting on himself and then getting injured, but I'm not gonna act like he shouldn't have compromised a little better because $30 million is an obscene amount of money and he was playing with a great line, great RB, and really good receivers. You're never going to win if you aren't at least a little reasonable because at some point, some money should be spent on that god-awful defense.

You don't take a Tom Brady level discount, but don't set the team up to be handicapped by the salary cap for the last decade of your career, y'know?
    Yah that makes sense. For me, the eternal optimist about human nature, I also think there should be a heapin' helping of being realistic about your own talent and achievements. Knowing you're talented but have not really accomplished anything, knowing you are getting an offer that is way above your pay grade, you might want to jump for that. But I'm sure he is also weighing the fact of a multi-year contract and how depreciation sets in year after year in that money. Plus a bit of ego played a part for sure, because he's young and doesn't know that life can turn on a dime no matter how you feel right now.

I feel for Dak because, to me, he seemed like a nice guy. And it sucks having this kind of injury this young when you planned football to be your whole career. He can recover, but his football life will be so different now, if it even continues.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Darnold is a good QB. He needed the right coaching to bring him into the NFL. He did not get it and his career will suffer for it. As he looks now, they will not get a 1st round pick for him. He is in his third year, that means a team next year will only have him for one year on his rookie contract. I can't think of a bad team that would trade for him instead of drafting a QB if they need one.
    Darnold probably needs to be a backup for a year or two, under a veteran. Like it or not, because of the situation he is in rebuilding mode.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Darnold probably needs to be a backup for a year or two, under a veteran. Like it or not, because of the situation he is in rebuilding mode.
    That should have happened when he was a rookie, Not in his fourth and fifth year.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah that makes sense. For me, the eternal optimist about human nature, I also think there should be a heapin' helping of being realistic about your own talent and achievements. Knowing you're talented but have not really accomplished anything, knowing you are getting an offer that is way above your pay grade, you might want to jump for that. But I'm sure he is also weighing the fact of a multi-year contract and how depreciation sets in year after year in that money. Plus a bit of ego played a part for sure, because he's young and doesn't know that life can turn on a dime no matter how you feel right now.

I feel for Dak because, to me, he seemed like a nice guy. And it sucks having this kind of injury this young when you planned football to be your whole career. He can recover, but his football life will be so different now, if it even continues.
    I can’t imagine why Prescott would let his ego get the best of him when his career playoff record is 1-2, and any success he’s had was due in part to Ezekiel Elliott and the running game. Still, it was awful what happened to him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The NFL is a brutal world and players want to make the most money within a time period possible. RB's in particular take the worst of it and few can have careers past 30 are over. QB's with new passing rules and keeping them safe have an easier road as we see. But a lot of players will want the most possible. Sometimes it effects the mind set and they can pass on bigger deals and screw up. We have seen it happen before.

Here with the Cowboys and Prescott the ole saying is , here is where 2 fools met. (The Cowboys ready to offer Russell Wilson type money for a guy who hasn't done that yet vs. a guy who walks away from it). I do hate Prescott got injured and it sucks for damn sure. He will be back next year and be a starter in Dallas and likely will get offered the same deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Watching how good Tannerhill is playing for the Titans just shows how bad a coach Gase is.

What were the Jets thinking?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Watching how good Tannerhill is playing for the Titans just shows how bad a coach Gase is.

What were the Jets thinking?
    As one guy brought up , the NY Jets and Miami Dolphins both listened to the reference of Peyton Manning who gave Gase a good name to both organizations. Its crazy but the owners and GM's listened to Peyton Manning rather than actually seeing how Gase did in Chicago. They took that 1 season Manning had with Gase (where Peyton put on an air show) and was like...THIS MAN IS A GENIUS !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Jets release Le'veon Bell. I heard just in passing on wfan he make some kind of comments aboit Gase?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As one guy brought up , the NY Jets and Miami Dolphins both listened to the reference of Peyton Manning who gave Gase a good name to both organizations. Its crazy but the owners and GM's listened to Peyton Manning rather than actually seeing how Gase did in Chicago. They took that 1 season Manning had with Gase (where Peyton put on an air show) and was like...THIS MAN IS A GENIUS !
    While Miami erred in picking him, at least it before he was a head coach, though I didn't see how he was that good with Cutler. But the Jets just showed again why just having family money doesn't make you smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Jets release Le'veon Bell. I heard just in passing on wfan he make some kind of comments aboit Gase?
    Gase, the great offensive mind, could never figure out to do with him.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I wonder if any team will kick the tires on Bell, given all the drama with Gase and the Jets.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

They... released him?

WTF are they doing? They can't even try to snag a late-round pick from another team in a trade?

The Jets are a malpractice as an NFL franchise.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I wonder if Reid will kick the tires on trying Bell out. Imagine the pure hell of a defense contending with Mahomes having Bell , Kelce , Hill , Hardman etc going out for passes.