Page 47 of 126 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Saw some early odds for Eagles vs. Cowboys on Sunday night, and Philly is a 7.5 point FAVORITE. Even as Eagles fan, I found it bogus. Okay, the game is here in Philly, and the home team usually gets three points right off the top, but the Birds are in no way THAT much better than Dallas, despite the ‘Boys rolling with a third string quarterback as the starter. That is crazy!
    The Eagles will beat the Cowboys, sweep the rest of their division games, and finish the season 8-7-1.

Carlos Dunlap was traded by Cincy to Seahawks. but in an interview his father compared his situation in Cincy to George Floyld's death.

Come on Really? This was damn shitty.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

While the world believes that KC will obliterate the Jets today , KC has to beware. Trap games like this exist and the Jets were close last week against Buffalo. So they could shock KC today.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    While the world believes that KC will obliterate the Jets today , KC has to beware. Trap games like this exist and the Jets were close last week against Buffalo. So they could shock KC today.
    The Jets were not close, the Bills O stumbled, something I doubt will happen with KC. The Jets had 4 yards in the second half, I will say that again, 4 yards total offense.
    And Bell has something to prove. I expect former Jet QB Chad Henne (KC back up) to make an appearance before this game is out.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-01-2020 at 06:59 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It will be chippy.

But not close.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Unlikely. Buffalo isn’t on Kansas City’s level talent wise, and it’s safe to say Andy Reid will not allow his team to fall into that sort of trap. It might be close early on, but look for the Chiefs to assert their will and win going away. The only question is if KC will cover that 19 point spread, I don’t think they will, once the Chiefs have a comfortable lead the Jets can’t touch, Reid will take his foot off the gas and coast to the finish line, disappointing a lot of bettors.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Three plays in and Pittsburgh intercepted Lamar Jackson and ran it in for a quick 7-0 lead on Baltimore. If this isn’t the game of the week, I don’t know what qualifies.

KC is covering the spread and then some. And Henne is QB.

Pitt, Bal is a great game

So is NE, Buf.

The Packers can't stop the Vikings and Cooke, and have penalized themselves into a loss.

And my Phins are shocking the Rams in a wild game.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-01-2020 at 01:44 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Three plays in and Pittsburgh intercepted Lamar Jackson and ran it in for a quick 7-0 lead on Baltimore. If this isn’t the game of the week, I don’t know what qualifies.
    Game of the week for sure. I couldn't wait for this game and it didn't disappoint. Steelers hung on for the win in a hard fought contest.

So, the Chiefs covered that humongous spread by a mile, the Steelers vs. Ravens game didn’t disappoint, and Miami pulled off the upset over the Rams.

I was worried KC would play down and not worry about the Jets. Good to know they didn't as we saw. I have seen winless teams suddenly step up and shock teams rolling. Mahomes was rolling along as we saw.

A team not rolling and in free fall is New England. Who would imagine the once great dynasty of the Patriots would be losing 2-3 straight games and be in a situation where the 1st time in 19+ seasons...they may not have a winning record. (yes New England hasn't had a losing season...since 2000)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Da Bears are keeping things interesting, trailing New Orleans by just 23-20 in the fourth quarter, even though their offense has looked inept for long stretches.

I saw the Steelers/Ravens game today in the final quarter. Anyhow it really illustrated just how far Lamar Jackson still has to go. In that final drive he was off throwing passes a few times. His TE was wide open and Romo tried to be nice saying Jackson was a bit off . No he missed the guy who was wide open 10 yards in front of him. Then he'd over throw a few others.

The Ravens have a hell of a rush offense . Today the team had over 265 yards rushing from 3 different people (Dobbins , Edwards and Jackson). But Jackson before he completed a big pass at the end had struggled a lot in this game. Then his final play was trying to force a pass into a well covered WR as Romo brought up that Jackson can scramble around and find someone. Its final play of the game , so don't rush it. And Jackson did within seconds after.

At the end John Harbaugh can be seen shaking his head towards Jackson to symbolize he rushed it too quick.

Lamar Jackson can be a great QB for sure. He has the legs and the arm. Its just working on being accurate and mechanics as we see that he needs to do. The mechanics of knowing what to do in situations is something they likely told him after it.

New England's done. This year at least. I could easily see them bouncing back a little bit for something respectable. 7-9, 8-8. But this is their first non-contending year in a loooong time.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Eagles 7, Cowboys 6 at the two minute warning. Typical for two teams from NFC Least, this game has been a dog with fleas as the offenses have been comically inept. But Carson Wentz has been driving me apeshit with turnovers, I just don’t know what’s going on with him.