Page 70 of 126 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to a report on NFL.Com , Pederson hasn't been assured he will be coaching next season. So things aren't going well in Philly. Also he may give up play calling as Matt Nagy has done now. (Its weird both coaches from Reid's coaching tree are going down like this at same time).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to a report on NFL.Com , Pederson hasn't been assured he will be coaching next season. So things aren't going well in Philly. Also he may give up play calling as Matt Nagy has done now. (Its weird both coaches from Reid's coaching tree are going down like this at same time).
    To say things aren’t going well here would be an understatement. The Eagles have Green Bay, New Orleans and Arizona coming up, part of a Bataan level stretch that will end with a 3-10-1 mark. Hell, at present, I don’t give them much of a chance against Dallas and Washington to close out the season. That said, it’s not inconceivable the Birds could run the table, and that would almost certainly end Pederson’s tenure.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-02-2020 at 02:50 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Are you ready for some Wednesday football? I've heard the main reason Steelers vs. Ravens is being played this afternoon (3:40 kickoff) is because NBC refused to preempt the prime time Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting ceremony tonight which would piss off legions of people from coast to coast who don't give a **** about football and would go nuclear if they don't get to see the ceremony. So much for the myth about the NFL ruling television.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-02-2020 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Are you ready for some Wednesday football? I've heard the main reason Steelers vs. Ravens is being played this afternoon (3:40 kickoff) is because NBC refused to preempt the prime time Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting ceremony tonight which would piss off legions of people from coast to coast who don't give a **** about football and would go nuclear if they don't get to see the ceremony. So much for the myth about the NFL ruling television.
    Maybe they'll air Hedi after the ceremony too.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

It appears Tyrod Taylor will not file a grievance against the LA Chargers for the punctured lung he received by accident when getting a painkiller shot from a team doctor back in week 2 before a game. This forced Taylor to miss games and had rookie QB Justin Herbert pushed in before they planned. But as he has done great the Chargers have left Taylor sit on bench now as he returned.

The NFLPA is still reviewing it and trying to make sure this never happens again to a player.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

We are talking about the same network that had "The Heidi Game", so apparently they have forgotten their own history.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

All my rowdy friends are here on... Wednesday Afternooooon.

which has necessitated moving two more games with Steelers–Washington (initially scheduled for Sunday) being moved to Monday and Ravens–Cowboys (initially scheduled for this coming Thursday) sliding over to Tuesday. Which means we’ll have three games early next week, including a Monday double-header. And the late game on Monday, Niners–Bills, has been moved to Arizona, because San Francisco can no longer play home games under new Santa Clara County rules on contact sports. Got all that? Oh, and by the way, NFL officials believe this week will be worse than last week from a COVID-19 perspective, with everyone returning to work coming off the Thanksgiving holiday. That explains why the league, for now, has been hesitant to pull the Week 18 lever.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/01/mo...hedule-changes
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

East coasters need to suck it up - light that tree at midnight and show football during primetime like God intended!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Raven's Red Zone D is all that is stopping from this being rout.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It wasn’t pretty, and Baltimore was forced to use their third string quarterback after RGIII hurt himself, but Pittsburgh held on for a 19-14 win to stay unbeaten.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell downplays talk of bubble, but 'all options are on the table'

Goodell would be wise to take the bubble under SERIOUS consideration given the chaos from the virus. Case in point: the situation with the 49ers forced to play their home games in Arizona this month because of increased restrictions could happen anywhere, and that could play havoc with the league's playoff schedule.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-03-2020 at 02:33 AM.

Goodell would be wise to take
    Lemme stop right there, wise moves and Goodell live on opposite sides of town. Got home from work, flipped around looking for the game and here this joker was singing the company tow line song to that goofball Turrico and I passed until the players came back on the field. Has this commissioner ever gotten in front of anything and led the way on it? If the man was head of Coca-Cola his tenure would be filled with a half a dozen rollouts of New Coke every other year. I don't ever feel the man speaks for himself, granted that's not really why he's here but I've heard other sports commissioners speak and even the ones that preceded Goodell and they all look the part better than him.

Anyway, why is Robert Griffin still that bad? 33 yards passing and a pick before the new kid got in. He can't even run with the ball anymore. Take the advice from Bob Seger RG3, Turn the Page.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Someone looks at the decline of Carson Wentz this season and brings up what the key problems are.

It wasn’t pretty, and Baltimore was forced to use their third string quarterback after RGIII hurt himself, but Pittsburgh held on for a 19-14 win to stay unbeaten.
    Trace McSorley threw a TD pass, his first in the NFL. He should be the backup instead of RGIII.

Steelers are rumbling to a perfect season!

How many of you think they go perfect only to lose in the first round of playoffs?

That is what I think.

Also seeing wild rumors that TB is considering trading for a third rounder from NE in order to unload TB12 in March 2021.

NE would have $70M cap space to work with that season whereas this year, prior to league leading COVID opt-outs, they had major cap problems.

I see Darth Hoodie opting for Newton or going after Jimmy G if SF cut him as more probable.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-03-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium