Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 949

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

  1. #526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Watching some of the Giants/Washington team game in my area since we have that. Its brought up how bad the Giants offense as a whole has been with them last in scoring in the league in redzone. But its a tale of 2 teams in a sense on how they are working on their young QB's , as both are entering 2nd seasons here. With NY at 0-5 they aren't even thinking of benching Daniel Jones as he shows some good stuff out there with touch and throws. He just threw a nice 25+ yard TD pass with good touch on a all out blitz from Washington.

    Meanwhile in Washington they benched their 2nd year QB after 4 games blaming him for the team being 1-3 at one point. With Rivera wanting to WIN NOW and watching it seemingly backfire. Allen hasn't played anywhere better with the people around him thus far in 2 weeks and they had Alex Smith coming back from a broken leg to take numerous sacks last week in a stupid move.

    But its the tale of 2 teams. 1 team is letting their young QB play through. Knowing they aren't trying to win the divison right now. Not with who they have currently while the other team has deluded itself into a belief it has a chance at winning a weak ass division while still having offensive issues.
    As this relates to me "fire this coach watch"...

    Denver & Vic Fangio are up 18-3 at home over New England entering the 4th quarter. Sure, it will only be their second win, but heat comes off when you win.
    Detroit is up big right now against Jacksonville. Same outlook should help take some pressure off of Matt Patricia.
    If Washington loses this game... well, New York wins, pressure off of Joe Judge.

    But the WFT would drop to 1-5 and have a fustercluck situation at QB with the carousel they're spinning. I want to be clear, here... I don't think Ron Rivera is a bad coach. I think this roster is hot garbage, but he didn't build it. Their QB and skill positions are woeful, and I wouldn't put it on him. It's bad practice for a franchise to fire coaches after only one year. Also, if this wasn't obvious... it would be really f***ed up if the team fired a guy who's trying to coach THROUGH CANCER TREATMENTS.

    So, based on everything I know about Daniel Snyder being a colossal ***hole... he would absolutely still fire Ron Rivera and then try to spin it in the media that he was doing him a favor because of said cancer.

    And I can't avoid putting Ron Rivera on my list of potential coaches to fire. Even if I think he shouldn't be fired, Dan Snyder is a bad enough owner and person that he'd do it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  2. #527
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,547

    Default

    I don't think Rivera should be fired either. But I do think he should be told by GM and ownership they have to develop the QB they drafted last year and give time to see if he's worth it. Thus far this idea isn't something that will pan out. If your gonna make Haskins fail then your back to square 1 again at QB. Alex Smith won't be there long term as he still is coming back from a horrible broken leg and no way should he be behind that offensive line. Then you have Kyle Allen who clearly isn't the guy.

    If the idea is to get Lawrence or someone else high with a 1st rd pick its stupid.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  3. #528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I don't think Rivera should be fired either. But I do think he should be told by GM and ownership they have to develop the QB they drafted last year and give time to see if he's worth it. Thus far this idea isn't something that will pan out. If your gonna make Haskins fail then your back to square 1 again at QB. Alex Smith won't be there long term as he still is coming back from a horrible broken leg and no way should he be behind that offensive line. Then you have Kyle Allen who clearly isn't the guy.

    If the idea is to get Lawrence or someone else high with a 1st rd pick its stupid.
    Well, Rivera called for a 2point conversion and the win and whiffed, handing the Giants their first win.

    Doesn't help his case, for sure.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  4. #529
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    Cincy was Cincy again. Blowing a 21-0 lead to lose 31 to 24.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  5. #530
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, Rivera called for a 2point conversion and the win and whiffed, handing the Giants their first win.

    Doesn't help his case, for sure.
    Even Snyder isn't stupid enough to fire a man over a battle with cancer in a season. If Rivera hadn't been battling that he likely would be on thin ice with that and his QB moves. If Gase doesn't win today I'd say he's likely done. The NY media already believe the Jets are a travesty of shit and the Bell release of how they miss-used his talents is likely gonna play big now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  6. #531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Even Snyder isn't stupid enough to fire a man over a battle with cancer in a season.
    Maybe not in... but after?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  7. #532

    Default

    Who certainly HAS TO be the next coach fired is Adam Gase with the Jets. With just under two minutes remaining in the first half, Miami is up 21-0, and the Jets have 71 total yards of offense (they went 3-and out again and punted back to the Dolphins with a minute left).

    The Jets going into this game were losing by an average of 18 points a game, and that number looks to increase. If they don't mount some kind of comeback, this could also be the seventh time since Gase took over as coach that they'll be blown out by more than 20 points.

    Someone who should not be forgotten in this... Jets DC Gregg Williams took shots at Gase through this week, but is hardly blameless, as his defense has gifted opponents with 7... make that 8 personal fouls for unnecessary roughness. That's 8 free first downs, and 120 yards for just stupid, reckless defense from the guy who brought you Bountygate.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-18-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  8. #533
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,547

    Default

    Its over for Gase. He just didn't lose badly , he was completely shut out. If the owner doesn't fire him right now that entire team needs to just fucking quit and walk off. There has to be a statement made by the team because losing 24-0 is one that needs to be done NOW.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  9. #534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its over for Gase. He just didn't lose badly , he was completely shut out. If the owner doesn't fire him right now that entire team needs to just fucking quit and walk off. There has to be a statement made by the team because losing 24-0 is one that needs to be done NOW.
    Getting shut out on top of all those stats above about the Jets getting repeatedly blown out under his whole tenure and no they're losing by... (checks the math)... 19 points a game again through six? And remember, Adam Gase also talked this week about taking play-calling duties away from himself, and then he decided to KEEP those duties. This supposed offensive guru went and got shut out by the Dolphins while calling the offense. Not a good look.

    Miami wasn't even trying to do much on offense in the second half to not run up the score. They put in Tua for a series and he completed his first two NFL passes.

    This team is LOST. And they turned loose Bell, and there are rumors swirling they're gonna trade Quinnen Williams. Hold up. Quinnen Williams is a second year player. He's all of 22. He was a Top 5 pick, and they're gonna give up on him after a year and a half. Just...

    Goddamn.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  10. #535
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,000

    Default

    Meanwhile the QB Gase couldn't coach is at Tennessee doing nothing but winning and becoming elite.
    The problem isn't Gase, it's the Johnsons.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  11. #536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Meanwhile the QB Gase couldn't coach is at Tennessee doing nothing but winning and becoming elite.
    The problem isn't Gase, it's the Johnsons.
    Sadly, they're the one constant. And will continue to be.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  12. #537

    Default

    Speaking of Ryan Tannehill...

    Remember when there was the story about him mocking practice squad players who picked him off in practice? And how dysfunctional that sounded for the Dolphins organization that their QB was supposedly struggling, and somebody dropped a dime to the press?

    That's the sort of disarray you see in New York right now. I wouldn't be shocked if Gase leaked that story.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  13. #538
    New old guy Surf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Someone who should not be forgotten in this... Jets DC Gregg Williams took shots at Gase through this week, but is hardly blameless, as his defense has gifted opponents with 7... make that 8 personal fouls for unnecessary roughness. That's 8 free first downs, and 120 yards for just stupid, reckless defense from the guy who brought you Bountygate.
    I hear they got into it on the field. Wonderin if there's footage. Been a great soap opera this season, haven't wanted to miss 'my stories'.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

  14. #539
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,579

    Default

    My Eagles were in full Jekyll-Hyde mode on offense yesterday. In the first half, they couldn't do a damn thing right, in the second, they staged an incredible comeback and nearly pulled off the upset. Sadly, no rest for the weary as the Birds will be right back at it Thursday night against the Giants.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  15. #540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Eagles were in full Jekyll-Hyde mode on offense yesterday. In the first half, they couldn't do a damn thing right, in the second, they staged an incredible comeback and nearly pulled off the upset. Sadly, no rest for the weary as the Birds will be right back at it Thursday night against the Giants.
    The Giants are going to have some swagger because they just got their first win.

    They still have Daniel Jones at QB, so I like your Iggles' odds.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •