Page 66 of 126 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    DING DING DING! The one win Jaguars, just as much in need of a quarterback are breathing down the Jets' collective necks.
    To be fair the Jaguars in the last 17 seasons have drafted 3 , 1st rd QB's and each one has been a bust. Even with Fields as the next #1 pick under Lawrence does anyone trust Jacksonville to not **** it up ? If your Lawrence or Fields do you really want to start at QB for the Jets or Jaguars right now ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm thrilled a guy with his past as a domestic abuser finally got fired.

Still amazed that three people have been fired mid-season and none of them are Adam Gase.
    Gase has to have pictures of somebody in the Jets hierarchy engaged with barnyard animals.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The Broncos are going to be a hot mess today. All three QBs on the roster are on the Covid list and not playing.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They fire Gase, they may win a game and lose Lawrence. Gase is their insurance policy.
    LOL. Yeah. It would be the "most Jets" thing if they avoided 0-16 and won their last two to blow the top pick. They never have done it, to my knowledge. They're always in the Top 5, but never #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The Broncos are going to be a hot mess today. All three QBs on the roster are on the Covid list and not playing.
    I think that game is gonna get high ratings just because people will be morbidly curious and want to LOL at a team trying to win without a QB.

Should Vic Fangio coach Denver to a win over New Orleans without an actual QB? Take him off my "FIRE THIS COACH" list.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

LOL. Yeah. It would be the "most Jets" thing if they avoided 0-16 and won their last two to blow the top pick. They never have done it, to my knowledge. They're always in the Top 5, but never #1.
    The NY Jets have only had the 1st overall pick in the draft once....in 1996 and selected Keyshawn Johnson .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I think that game is gonna get high ratings just because people will be morbidly curious and want to LOL at a team trying to win without a QB.

Should Vic Fangio coach Denver to a win over New Orleans without an actual QB? Take him off my "FIRE THIS COACH" list.
    The odds of Denver winning this game WITH an actual quarterback weren’t too good to begin with, facing the Saints WITHOUT a passer figures to be a bloodbath. If Denver manages to lose by less than two touchdowns, Fangio should consider himself fortunate. Meanwhile, whoever the running backs are for the Broncos, I hope they all got a good night’s sleep, because it stands to reason they’re gonna be run into the ground today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Captain Stiffarm (a.k.a. Derrick Henry) ran it in on Tennessee’s opening drive for a 7-0 lead over Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The NY Jets have only had the 1st overall pick in the draft once....in 1996 and selected Keyshawn Johnson .
    Who became disgruntled and forced his way out of town to Tampa Bay...

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The odds of Denver winning this game WITH an actual quarterback weren’t too good to begin with, facing the Saints WITHOUT a passer figures to be a bloodbath. If Denver manages to lose by less than two touchdowns, Fangio should consider himself fortunate. Meanwhile, whoever the running backs are for the Broncos, I hope they all got a good night’s sleep, because it stands to reason they’re gonna be run into the ground today.
    I saw the original Vegas line was Saints -6. The news of the QB situation changed it to -13 instantly, and and then it went -14, and last I saw was -14.5, a gaudy betting line.

I understand the logic behind postponing the Ravens game compared to the Broncos, as the Ravens' outbreak is large. What I don't understand is earlier in the season, the NFL postponed a a Patriots game when their starting QB got COVID. It wasn't a huge outbreak then either but they were accommodated. Indeed, in light of that accommodation the Broncos ended up being a team that lost their bye week because of it. In that light forcing the Broncos to go out there and play with literally no QB's at all seems like a pretty big farce. Doesn't really make much sense to me to pick this team at this time to make an example of. Overall they've been one of the better teams in regards to infection rates. So I can't help but imagine the NFL simply doesn't care because the Broncos are not in the mix. Which they're very much not but in the spirit of the integrity of competition, whether you're a playoff team or not shouldn't really matter.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Derrick Henry is singlehandedly destroying the Colts, having rushed for 140 yards and three touchdowns scored....in the first half!

Jets suck, they really suck. Miami is trying to lose with two fumbles, but the Jets got 0 points from that.

Actually the Miami D looks great. With Tua and their top 2 RBs out, it's hard to say anything about their offense.
    But it is a great sign for next year if they can build a good unit around Tua.
    Flores is such a improvement over Gase.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Belichek outcoached Kliff Kingsbury today, and got a game winning FG at the buzzer. The YPG went Arizona's way. Time of possession. Turnovers. Arizona only lost on penalties. Held Cam Newton to 80 yards passing, and lose.

It is still the 1st Quarter, and Tyreek Hill is already this weeks receiving champ with 203 yrds...in the 1st Quarter!
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-29-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Jets scored only 3 points total for two games against the Phins. I wonder if that is a record for division rivals in a season?

Has any team been shut out twice against the same team in a season?

The Chiefs have stalled on offense, allowing the Bucs to get within spitting distance at 27-17 with just over four minutes left in regulation.