Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126
Results 1,876 to 1,883 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

That whole thing reminds me of when Singletary related a story when he was talking to a former Bengal player about the Super Bowl loss to Joe Cool:

"(Montana came) up to him and patted him on the butt and said, ‘Hey man, good job. That really was a good hit though,' as Jerry (Rice) was running into the endzone."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Absolutely. They're a rival so I hate them by default, but their cockiness got on my last nerve. They deserved this beat down so much.
    Man it must have been a living hell to watch Shannon Sharpe and Von Miller the last 2 decades in Denver for you. Them being arrogant cocky trash talking guys. PURE...HELL...LOL/

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Fastbreak? Do you have cataracts? The GIFS are deliberately slowed for your benefit the F are you talking about? Bosa was held. It was pretty clear in slow motion especially, and it's better that I'm actually providing visual evidence from quality angles than bringing up an article from an irrelevant player/game. Even then, in none of those GIFs did Hughes have a defender holding his inside collar, which you can't even do even if Bosa attempts a swim move. And I'm not going to comb the internet for another terrible hold in the same manner from another player from another game. If you don't think that's a hold, then I can't help you. Again, officials miss calls all the time, and this is the same crew that didn't call the helmet to helmet in New Orleans a year ago. Bosa is trying to get to the QB on a stunt, so you can't claim that Fisher was even trying to ride his momentum laterally to ride him out of the player on a course Bosa was originally trying to go. Again, show me where in the rules you can arm hook a dude and hold on to his chest collar to constitute a legal block. Also, that wasn't the only holding he was doing. Fisher like I said was getting his ass handed to him by Bosa all game (12 pressures most in a SB dating back to 2006), so he was going to hold. That play wasn't even the only time:

But oh that's also not holding right? It wouldn't be so bad if the Chiefs got called for holding at least once, but to not have it on 40 plus passing plays was absurd.

And as to celebrating a TD, that doesn't mean the players thought the game was over. Terrible leap in logic. That would be like me saying the Andy Reid's son car accident completely nerfed Andy's thinking and years of experience to call a game correctly, or Eric's. Or cause the entire team to be mental midgets dropping passes, and getting run over by Lenny Fournette. But since the Chiefs got nutted on by the Bucs, I guess it did because logic. And booking venues in case a SB is won by any team is completely normal lmao. Newsflash, but you have to do these things in advance regardless if the game is won. It doesn't work out, then cancel. It's irrelevant to the outcome of the game or the players' mentalities as to me sneezing and claiming it's a sign I'll win the lottery tomorrow.
    The 49ers actually went to the venue after the game which shocked everyone. And this is a 1st ...teams booking hip hop stars to hold a victory party post game ? One they never played ? Do I see Bill Belichick ever doing that garbage ? NOPE. The fact they went after the game made people shake their heads and bring up how the team was so over confident they would win.

Also as far as holding calls go...notice after some jokes about penalties I never harped on KC's. I admitted they lost due to offensive line issues mostly and defensive issues. Not flags called for pass interference etc. Nope...they lost due to that. Holding calls are the HARDEST to call as the rule book shows. Its the hardest one and beyond outright mauling at times we rarely see it called. Hell the chop block on runs used to be legal as well at one point. In fact if you watched game tape of the entire season I'm sure there was many not called and many called when it shouldn't.

Hell I bet the 49ers offensive line benefited from non-holding calls the game as well.

The entire team defense posed in the endzone for a team photo ...

They had thought it was over. That they had won ...no way does Mahomes lead them back. The arrogance seen in this pic should haunt the 49ers for awhile and if they make it back...NEVER....EVER do this move again. Win the game and strike team poses.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That whole thing reminds me of when Singletary related a story when he was talking to a former Bengal player about the Super Bowl loss to Joe Cool:

"(Montana came) up to him and patted him on the butt and said, ‘Hey man, good job. That really was a good hit though,' as Jerry (Rice) was running into the endzone."
    Montana had a lot of classic moments. He was really good at being cool and calm with a team.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The 49ers actually went to the venue after the game which shocked everyone. And this is a 1st ...teams booking hip hop stars to hold a victory party post game ? One they never played ? Do I see Bill Belichick ever doing that garbage ? NOPE. The fact they went after the game made people shake their heads and bring up how the team was so over confident they would win.

Also as far as holding calls go...notice after some jokes about penalties I never harped on KC's. I admitted they lost due to offensive line issues mostly and defensive issues. Not flags called for pass interference etc. Nope...they lost due to that. Holding calls are the HARDEST to call as the rule book shows. Its the hardest one and beyond outright mauling at times we rarely see it called. Hell the chop block on runs used to be legal as well at one point. In fact if you watched game tape of the entire season I'm sure there was many not called and many called when it shouldn't.

Hell I bet the 49ers offensive line benefited from non-holding calls the game as well.

The entire team defense posed in the endzone for a team photo ...

They had thought it was over. That they had won ...no way does Mahomes lead them back. The arrogance seen in this pic should haunt the 49ers for awhile and if they make it back...NEVER....EVER do this move again. Win the game and strike team poses.

Montana had a lot of classic moments. He was really good at being cool and calm with a team.
    Who fucking cares bro? Seriously? Yeah, remember when Gronk and another player (maybe more) were partying at a night club shirtless after they lost the Super Bowl to the Giants? Doesn't anyone give a ****? NOPE. And that was on Bill's team, which the Patriots did actually reserve a post-Super Bowl party with musical stars like Maroon 5 that had to be booked in advance. That's how logistics work. So you're also wrong about that. But it's Bill Belichick's team that would never happen right??? Do some research:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...loss-to-giants

Everyone deals with a loss in their own way. You aren't in the players' heads, so you don't know their thought process. As for the 49ers team celebration after the pick, everyone as of a few years ago does a team celebration in the endzone after a defensive turnover like that. It's a new gimmick that happens, and the 49ers weren't the first to do it, and won't be the last. Doesn't mean they didn't think they had the game in the bag. Again, you aren't in the players' heads. This is some romanticized serendipitous bullshit narrative that has zero basis in reality other than armchair psycho-babble. They made a big play, and celebrated. Doesn't mean they thought the game was over. Those ideas don't have to be mutually exclusive like you're pretending they are.

As for the holding, I pointed out an instance where a call was missed, you disagreed. I proved you wrong about it. Doesn't mean I thought the game was won or lost on that snap. The Chiefs might have still converted a 3rd and 25 if that holding call happens. But I'm saying, it was a hold, and it's pretty clear. Also officials do miss holding calls obviously, but at the same time the Chiefs didn't get one called on 40 plus pass attempts and multiple 7 step drops. So I think I be a little salty about that still. And I already said the 49ers got away with some calls too, like the Sanders block that could have easily negated a play.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 02-09-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Who fucking cares bro? Seriously? Yeah, remember when Gronk and another player (maybe more) were partying at a night club shirtless after they lost the Super Bowl to the Giants? Doesn't anyone give a ****? NOPE. And that was on Bill's team, which the Patriots did actually reserve a post-Super Bowl party. So you're also wrong about that. But it's Bill Belichick's team that would never happen right??? Do some research bro:

If you read the article the sports writer makes it clear how stupid this looks to be. He also brings up a good point... TOM BRADY DID NOT ATTEND. Gronk early in his career did a lot of silly off field stuff. Some like above that didn't help him. Perhaps its why Bill Belichick tried to trade him once. Maybe it was a wake up call to Gronk. TAKE IT FUCKING SERIOUS man. If you wanna go dance shirtless , wait a few days after the loss and go do it. Not after losing the biggest game of your life and you didn't have much effect in. (which is brought up).

But the sports writer clearly paints this as pretty silly to do after Super Bowl.

Everyone deals with a loss in their own way. You aren't in the players' heads, so you don't know their thought process.
    Brady , Mahomes and more take a loss and go get motivated to study , to look and try to get better for next season. Brady takes losses HARD. Its why he excels as the greatest QB in NFL history. He doesn't go dance shirtless at bars after losses as we see.

As for the holding, I pointed out an instance where a call was missed, you disagreed. I proved you wrong about it. Doesn't mean I thought the game was won or lost on that snap. The Chiefs might have still converted a 3rd and 25 if that holding call happens. But I'm saying, it was a hold, and it's pretty clear. And I already said the 49ers got away with some calls too, like the Sanders block that could have easily negated a play.
    Except as the rules pointed out ...holding is really a tough call to make. Pictures of guys fighting in trenches could look like a variety of insane silly **** or gifs of them being driven sideways are dragging etc. But the guys could be doing actual legal blocks and we wouldn't know because well...were not offensive or defensive lineman. The rules itself makes it more insane because as joked , lineman literally have to maul someone at times or leg whip them.

And as I said teams all season likely had missed offensive holding and bad calls for it given how it is. Because its one of those...very hard WTF calls.

I'll concede the team celebration pic deal since you maybe right it wasn't a celebration or thinking it was a win...maybe these guys didn't realize how it looked and how it motivated the Chiefs who saw this . So your right about the endzone.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 02-09-2021 at 07:13 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Who fucking cares bro? Seriously? Yeah, remember when Gronk and another player (maybe more) were partying at a night club shirtless after they lost the Super Bowl to the Giants? Doesn't anyone give a ****? NOPE. And that was on Bill's team, which the Patriots did actually reserve a post-Super Bowl party with musical stars like Maroon 5 that had to be booked in advance. That's how logistics work. So you're also wrong about that. But it's Bill Belichick's team that would never happen right??? Do some research:

I'm enjoying hearing about the absolute joy that Gronk & Brady have now that they've gotten away from NE/Belichick. NE is going to have a difficult time getting top free agents to want to freeze their asses off while enduring Belichick's endearing abuse.

Man it must have been a living hell to watch Shannon Sharpe and Von Miller the last 2 decades in Denver for you. Them being arrogant cocky trash talking guys. PURE...HELL...LOL/
    As with anything in sports, you naturally don't care as much when its your team. My bias is inherent and in no way hidden, its what being a fan is at its core. So would I love this if it were my team? Hell yes! But its not, and its a division rival, so I hate and it and love seeing them popped. I'm sure KC fandom and the rest of the division absolutely adored what happened in SB XLVIII for example and fair enough for that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-11-2021 at 10:25 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I forget what lineman or what Super Bowl it was for sure who I heard the story from... but I think it was during the game winning drive against the Bengals in 1989... Joe Montana looks up from the huddle and asks the team, "Hey, is that John Candy?"

It's true. And it was apparently Harris Barton who I couldn't remember.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...t-10798680.php
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I forget what lineman or what Super Bowl it was for sure who I heard the story from... but I think it was during the game winning drive against the Bengals in 1989... Joe Montana looks up from the huddle and asks the team, "Hey, is that John Candy?"

It's true. And it was apparently Harris Barton who I couldn't remember.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...t-10798680.php
    That whole game as a dozen or so stories about Joe Cool roasting people.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium