Page 60 of 126 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Bengals kicker is odd as hell. He misses a 34 yard FG and an extra point. Then nails a 53 yarder like a damn champ.

Cant fault him on missing a 58 yarder to end the half. It was a hell of a try. just wide right though it did have the distance.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Bengals football being what it is, Joe Burrow was just carted off the field with an apparent knee injury. We'll have to see how serious it is, but I doubt we will see any more form Burrows this season.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Rainy day in Cleveland and it’s been a very offense challenged game because the Eagles scored the only offense TD.
    12-7

The Panthers in the 4th might shut out the Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Bengals football being what it is, Joe Burrow was just carted off the field with an apparent knee injury. We'll have to see how serious it is, but I doubt we will see any more form Burrows this season.

-M
    That is what happens in Cincy. They drafted Burrow and thought he would save the team so no need to draft any O line help. it didnt even take a season but the **** ups in Cincy have managed to kill the best qb prospect in years.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Joe Tweeted out after his injury.

https://twitter.com/joeyb/status/133...172681222?s=21

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I’m very happy my gritty Titans were able to comeback to defeat the Ravens since Henry ran for a game winning touchdown in Overtime.
    Last edited by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon; 11-22-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Looks like its a torn ACL for Burrow which sucks. This is a terrible thing to see and half is the Bengals on pushing Burrow to start behind a not so good offensive line as a rookie QB. It sucks for sure and he has to now come back from that for 2021.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Looks like its a torn ACL for Burrow which sucks. This is a terrible thing to see and half is the Bengals on pushing Burrow to start behind a not so good offensive line as a rookie QB. It sucks for sure and he has to now come back from that for 2021.
    Taylors post game was great.
    "Could you have done more to protect Joe?"
    "I am not going to apologize."

Green Bay is having their way with the Colts.
    But they have had good first half before and lost, so we will see.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And the Bengals immediately returned to being irrelevant. A shame about Burrow, I hope he makes a full recovery.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Insurance say they will not pay for Burrow's surgery as the Bengal's bad O Line was a preexisting condition.

I have to try and find a laugh or I will cry. I followed Joe when he was with LSU because when I lived in New Orleans I fell in love with that team (And my Saints) I was bummed when he came to Cincy and knew this was a matter of time. i expected it to happen in the Steelers game.

Sad stat. This is the 8 year in a row that The Bengals number 1 pick has suffered a serious injury in training camp or the first season.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-22-2020 at 05:40 PM.

GB/Colts goes into overtime with a very Rodgers drive ti tie with 7 seconds left.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So basically Sean Payton decided to start Taysom Hill to see what he had in Hill for now. Hill has wanted to be a starting QB awhile and Payton decided to start him ahead of Winston this week. Usually Hill is a gadget guy who rushes , throws and catches passes in Payton's offense. This led to a comical deal where all week former Falcons WR Roddy White tweeted about Hill starting.

https://www.nfl.com/news/sean-payton...*******falcons

Which pissed off the Saints clearly who unleashed on defense on Matt Ryan today and Hill had a great game , Payton decided to retweet this diss as a bit of payback.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Since there are only good teams playing on Sunday night and Monday night... IT'S TIME FOR...

Week 12 "WHO'S COOKIN' ON THE HOTSEAT?/FIRE THIS COACH!" Watch

ALREADY FIRED BEFORE WEEK 8: Bill O'Brien (Texans) , Dan Quinn (Falcons)

11. Doug Pedersen, Eagles (LUKEWARM SEAT) I don’t normally do requests, and it feels odd to put a first place team’s coach on this list… but the Eagles just dropped to 3-6-1. They only lead this division because the teams in it collectively are something that fell out of a dog’s arse. Carson Wentz was a guy people talked about as an MVP candidate just a few years ago, and now fans are starting to make noise about wanting to give a test drive to Jalen Hurts instead (and it’s hard not to think about, given he has as many TDs as INTs this season, 14). While a lot of people want to lay blame for Philly’s woes on the coach, the real problem might be they gave a huge contract to a guy who already got a ring while sitting on the sidelines watching Nick Foles, and he’s not playing up to it. The defense has been keeping the Eagles in games, but Foles is just failing to deliver. Foles’ pick-six yesterday is the difference between a win and a loss. He also gave up a safety. Take those 9 points off the board, and Philly’s D held Cleveland to 13 points.

Again, this team is somehow in first place and that’s the only reason they’re not on the other side of this list. This time next week, though…? Does anyone ELSE want to win some games and rise up out of this division? We only know one thing, whoever it is will likely have the record, and the on-field talent to be called “The Worst Playoff Team Ever”.

10. Anthony Lynn, Chargers (LUKEWARM SEAT) : Anthony Lynn's looking like he has something with rookie QB Justin Herbert (366 yards, 3 TD, and 0 INT was his stat line… and that ain’t too shabby, even if it is against the weakest team in the NFL), and were lucky enough to have the hapless Jets (said weak-ass team) on their schedule to snap a 3 game losing streak. They went up 24-6 by halftime, and then just had to run the clock out. They nearly blew it, winning 34-28. Lynn's in his fourth season as Chargers head coach, he just got his contract extended through 2021 in February... but after going 5-11 last year, if he doesn't improve on that, he might not get that fifth. He’s up to 3-7 now, but their remaining schedule offers Buffalo, New England, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Denver, and Kansas City. They’ll be lucky to get to 6-10 with what they have left to face.

9. Joe Judge, Giants (LUKEWARM SEAT) YOU CAN’T LOSE WHEN YOU’RE ON YOUR BYE WEEK.

The Giants went to 3-7 after facing their division rivals, the Eagles, who did them the courtesy of self-immolating last week. This wasn’t as much about New York getting their act together as that Philly had 11 penalties, lost the turnover battle by -3, and also managed to fail to convert a single first down in a game that has pundits wondering “What the hell is wrong with Carson Wentz?”

Daniel Jones is still trying to shake the "draft bust" label, and having a game where he just “didn’t f*** it up” and got a win that might help people forget the embarrassing clip of him tripping and falling flat on his face on the 11 yard line against the Eagles in Week 8 (NAH, that’s FOREVER HIS NFL MEMORY). As for to the rest of this squad... they're without Saquon Barkley for the rest of the year. The only upside is... they're still nowhere near eliminated in hunt in their division, because it's utter shite. Now they're only a half game behind the Eagles in second place, but have a murderer’s row of opponents left on their schedule that aren’t division matchups. Based on that, expect them to struggle to pass the Eagles for the division lead.
    Joe Judge is probably not a name you've heard, in general, as New York's coach. You will be for the rest of the year. He was formerly New England's assistant special teams coach. How he got elevated to his first HC gig... lord only knows. How the Giants have not paid attention to how everything on the Belichek coaching tree has died on the vine through the past 20 years... yeah... don't know. What we do know is, Joe Judge made his players run sprints when he wasn't happy with them prior to this season, and the only thing that will save his ass to get a second season will be if he blames Daniel Jones, GM Dave Gettleman, or injuries for his woes. But it's gonna be a long year for the G-Men.

8. Ron Rivera, WFT (LUKEWARM SEAT) : The WFT are fielding Frankenleg, Alex Smith, at QB these days. They got a win yesterday at Cincinnatti, which had a lot to do with a likely season-ending injury to Joe Burrow, who got carted off when Washington trailed 9-7 early in the third quarter. At that point, Rivera’s squad got 13 unanswered points through the rest of the game to pull out the win, because the Bengals had Ryan F***ing Finley under center.
    Again, why Rivera is even on this list... I want to be clear, here... I don't think Ron Rivera is a bad coach. I think this roster is hot garbage outside of an impressive defensive front, but Rivera didn't build it. Their QB and skill positions are woeful, and I wouldn't put it on him. It's bad practice for a franchise to fire coaches after only one year. Also, if this wasn't obvious... it would be really f***ed up if the team fired a guy who's trying to coach THROUGH CANCER TREATMENTS. So, based on everything I know about team owner Daniel Snyder being a colossal ***hole... he could absolutely still fire Ron Rivera and then try to spin it in the media that he was doing him a favor because of said cancer at the end of the year. I hope that isn't what happens, but if this team doesn't squeak out some more wins, it could happen. Luckily for Rivera, he's in the NFC (L)East. He can probably get some wins in divisional matchups but this squad will be lucky to get to six total by year's end. And that might be good enough for second place.

7. Vic Fangio, Broncos (LUKEWARM SEAT): A reminder, Fangio declared that Covid-19 is showing "who the whiners are" around the NFL, which is one of the dumbest "fake tough guy" quotes I think I've seen in some time about a disease that's killed 220,000 people. This is in addition to his terrible opinions on police killings of African Americans in the off-season that were completely unnecessary for him to even opine about in the first place. If it were only "on the field" failings, I think Fangio would be in trouble, but that AND his mouth are making him a likely candidate for getting the boot at year's end.

On the field, though... Denver just moved to 4-7 after getting a win and handing Tu’a Tagovailoa his first loss as a starter. Through three quarters, the Broncos limited Tu’a to 83 yards passing and one TD, and stopped trying to win the game on Drew Lock’s arm, instead running the ball with Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsay against the Dolphins. Early in the 4th, Miami realized they’re 6-3 and maybe they should try to cast some Fitzmagic instead… and Fangio and his defensive wisdom nearly blew a lead, needing a defensive stop in the final minute to hang on for a 20-13 win. Don’t go thinking there’s a win streak in the works, though. The next two weeks? The Broncos host the Saints, and then have to go off to Kansas City. The final month goes an east-coast early game against Carolina, hosting the Bills, a trip to LA to play the Chargers, and ten closing out at home versus the playoff-contender Raiders. Translation: This feels like another 6-10 year in Denver.

6. Mike McCarthy, Cowboys (LUKEWARM SEAT) Again, first year coaches don't usually get fired. But, given the preseason hype where the Cowboys were, I s*** you not, the NFC Super Bowl pick by Dan Patrick… and they're 3-7, that’s not good. Yet they’re somehow only a half game out of first. They look far worse than that record. The offensive line that made them so threatening only a few seasons ago is already dilapidated due to injuries, and right now, it's second stringers across the board. That decline in talent across the O-Line wasn't glaring when Dallas had Dak Prescott keeping them in games with gaudy numbers through their first five (RIP Dak's ankle, I think it died of the 'Rona or something), and after running Garrett Gilbert out there as a starter one week was dire. Luckily, they got Andy Dalton back to manage the kind of mediocre output that has been the hallmark of his career.

Dallas was up 16-7 at the half against the Vikings… but their historically bad defense gave up 21 second half points, and the whole fourth quarter became a back-and-forth affair. Somehow, their defense forced a rare 4 down stop and didn’t let Kirk Cousins drive down the field to get Minnesota a tying FG.

Going forward, this team has dropped all its money into skill position players and no one is left who can block for Zeke, or buy enough time to throw to Amari Cooper. For the last three years he was in Green Bay, Mike McCarthy was considered to have been more of a hindrance to Aaron Rodgers from the point they won a Super Bowl going forward, and he doesn't seem like his return to coaching after a year away is going to prove Rodgers was the problem.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

5. Mike Zimmer, Vikings: The Vikings were supposedly "just a QB away" from winning a Super Bowl with the impeccable defense they had, and they spent BIG for Kirk Cousins. Then they traded away Stephon Diggs (BIG MISTAKE), and their defense officially "got a case of the olds" going into 2020. Minnesota hosted Dallas at 4-5 and was on a three game winning streak after getting the Lions and Bears in back-to-back weeks. They were surging, and even though they had 430 yards of offense against the historically bad Cowboys’ defense… they managed to lose to Dallas and hamper whatever slim playoff hopes they may have had. No team has ever started 1-5 and made the playoffs. The closest example would be the the 1994 Chargers who started 1-4 and went to the Super Bowl… their final 6 games though… are a mixed bag. Winnable contests versus the Panthers, Jaguars, Bears and Lions remain… but they also have the Bucs and the Saints in the mix. For them to get in, they’ll need to win at least five of their next six. It’s possible, but seeing them fail to take down the Cowboys yesterday is not a vote of confidence.

4. Matt Patricia, Lions Detroit is now 4-6 after getting shut out completely by the Carolina Panthers yesterday. It’s somewhat remarkable that a Lions team with Matthew Stafford and Adrian Peterson only managed 185 yards of offense. It’s even more sad that he was outdueled by P.J. Walker. To be fair, the Panthers just ran the ball far better than the Lions, who only managed 40 yards on the ground to Carolina’s 116. Reflected in time of possession, it meant a first-time starter handled Detroit’s defense and had the ball for 36+ minutes of action. You would think a “defensive genius” like Matt Patricia might have foreseen such a strategy or been able to stop it.

While their current slate of upcoming games looks friendly, Detroit cannot win on Matt Stafford's arm alone. We should note also that three of their three wins are against the WFT, Jets and Jaguars, so this team is actually far worse than that in reality. Oh, and don't forget, Matt Patricia probably shouldn't have been hired because of 1996 sexual assault indictment he had, if this organization was actually smart enough to do a simple background check before hiring him.

3. Zac Taylor, Bengals : To put it simply… The Bengals were coming off a 36-10 whupping at the hands of their division rivals, the Steelers, in a game that had Big Ben rested and only took only one snap the whole week of practice prior to the game. Cincinnatti went 0-13 on third down against Pittsburgh, and were hoping for a change in fortunes this week against the WFT. Joe Burrow had them holding a 9-7 lead and had the ball early in the second half… when it happened. The Bengals’ awful O-Line failed the rookie QB who is there only glimmer of hope, and he looks like he was lost for the year, getting carted off with a knee injury. This puts their record at 2-7-1, and oh yeah, Joe Mixon is also on IR with a foot injury for the next several weeks. The lights just went out, all hope is lost.

The story here of why Taylor might not get fired is "Mike Brown is a f***ing cheapskate." Remember all the years where people thought FOR SURE Marvin Lewis would get fired because he couldn't win a playoff game? And Cincinnatti kept him around? Well, the talk always was because Mike Brown couldn't find a cheaper, better option than that, and the skinflint would never spend money on a good coach. So I look at Zac Taylor, and think they're gonna give him at least until the end of the year and maybe longer because as bad as the Bengals look outside of Joe Burrow and as disgruntled as this locker room is... Zac Taylor still only makes between $400,000 and $600,000 a season. He is valued at roughly 1/20 of Bill Belichek, and maybe like 1/16 of an Andy Reid. He's a bargain bin option, and the Bengals will say no matter how bad they look on the field at 2-7-1), they're in a transition season with a rookie QB to blame it on (even though Burrow has the goods) for the first half of the year, and in the second half, they can say, “How were we supposed to win with Ryan Finley?”. A smart organization would go with consistency to help with Burrow's development... and Taylor worked under Rams coach Sean McVay, therefore he's THE FUTURE OF THE NFL COACHING RANKS (LOL, sure). While they Bengals had a fire sale before the trade deadline, Taylor’s job looks to be safe until the end of the year, at least.

2. Doug Marrone, Jaguars: I honestly thought he got fired at the end of the 2019 season... but NOPE, he's still down in the swamps of Jacksonville. We're now going to three years removed from the Jaguars being up on the Patriots with 10 minutes to go in the AFC Championship Game, and the number of players from that 53-man squad still in Jacksonville is 7. They have had two Top 5 picks from recent drafts in Jalen Ramsey and Leonard Fournette flat-out escape this franchise. They've had two double-digit loss seasons coming into this one, and now having dropped to 1-9 after a loss to the Packers (that’s nine losses in a row, for those keeping track)... and it’s all but guaranteed the Jags look like they'll have a third straight double-digit loss season (they’re not going 6-0 down the stretch). Gardner Minshew and his "cop in a porno flick" mustache was benched, and then he got a thumb that left the team in the capable hands of rookie Jake Luton (from University of Idaho) who threw 4 INTs yesterday in a 27-3 beatdown against Pittsburgh where the game was never in doubt. Well, to be fair,

they did get the ball first and went up 3-0 before it all went sideways.

Shad Khan is one of the more patient owners in the league (hell, he let Gus Bradley stick around to build the worst losing percentage in coaching history), and the team stuck by Marrone through the BYE week. While firing Marrone at any point to let OC Jay Gruden take over as the interim coach would make sense... it looks like Marrone will stick around through season's end in their quest to try and overtake the Jets to get Trevor Lawrence. They'll likely have to settle for Justin Fields from Ohio State, though. And we all know how well Buckeyes signal callers do in the pros...

1. Adam Gase, Jets:

Sam Darnold only hasn’t been seeing more ghosts than Pac-Man because he’s hurt and forced to watch Joe Friggin’ Flacco lead this team to failure while he wonders where he might get traded to when the team inevitably drafts Trevor Lawrence. The Jets are now 0-10, and are losing by an average of about 16 points a game. The Jets have lost by 20 or more points eight times since the start of 2019. In one out of three games the J-E-T-S are blown out by three TDs with Ol' Bug Eyes as head coach over his 25 game tenure. He's also got his own defensive coordinator, Gregg Williams, taking potshots at him in front of the New York media, who are eating that s*** up with a spoon. Adam Gase should have been fired when the Jets entered their BYE week, but he won’t, because as long as he’s bumblef***ing around the sidelines, this team won’t blow their chances of that #1 pick in the draft, and that Adam Gase picked his own GM, who ridiculously lied to the New York media that Gase was the best man for this job. At this point, even Joe Namath is coming out and predicting the Jets will have the #1 pick in the draft, and that Trevor Lawrence should threaten to go back to school for another year at Clemson if the Jets pick him or force a trade away from this disaster of a franchise.

The Jets have six games left to escape 0-16. If any of the coaches in those games manage to fall to this team, we have to instantly place them somewhere on the HOT SEAT list. We don’t care if Pete Carroll just signed a long-term extension in Seattle, if the Seahawks lose to the Jets, it wouldn’t be wrong of the team to fire him. The Las Vegas Raiders still have like 6 or 7 years left on Jon Gruden’s insane contract? DOESN’T MATTER. If Bill Belichek loses the Week 17 rematch of last week’s game against the Jets? Robert Kraft would be within his rights to kick the guy who won him six rings to the curb. It’s nothing personal… but DO NOT be the coach that flubs and gives this squad its win for 2020. Send them to the land of the winless with the Lions and Browns like they deserve.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 11-23-2020 at 01:52 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.