Page 35 of 126 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I said I wonder, not I expect them to.
    I know you said that.

Why do you wonder?

He fits the mold of some of Darth Hoodie's project players but they really don't need a RB unless White, Burkhead, and/or Michel are out & I am unware of that at this time.

On to teams that might take him ...

Rivers should make a pitch to get him on the Colts. It would give him some pressure release so he won't have to push the ball down field as much and into INT territory.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I know you said that.

Why do you wonder?

He fits the mold of some of Darth Hoodie's project players but they really don't need a RB unless White, Burkhead, and/or Michel are out & I am unware of that at this time.

On to teams that might take him ...

Rivers should make a pitch to get him on the Colts. It would give him some pressure release so he won't have to push the ball down field as much and into INT territory.
    Bill is willing to try nearly anything, but only if the price is low enough. If it is, I would be more surprised if he didn't consider kicking the tires on someone. But I dont think they have the cap space this season to do that - a LOT of bills came due this year.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Bill is willing to try nearly anything, but only if the price is low enough. If it is, I would be more surprised if he didn't consider kicking the tires on someone. But I dont think they have the cap space this season to do that - a LOT of bills came due this year.
    They have 7 players out on COVID byes. Their cap is fine this year. One was Hightower, a high cap guy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah New England has $23+ million in cap space to make it happen. Of teams named. Most cap room for each one listed.

New England : $23+ million
    Kansas City Chiefs : $6.5+ million
    Chicago Bears : $8+ million
    Pittsburgh Steelers : $4.6 million
    Philadelphia Eagles : $17+ million

The Eagles and Patriots have the most cap room to do that this year if they want. KC and Chicago would likely do an incentive laden deal as KC did last year with McCoy (he just wanted a ring so he took it).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah New England has $23+ million in cap space to make it happen. Of teams named. Most cap room for each one listed.

New England : $23+ million
    Kansas City Chiefs : $6.5+ million
    Chicago Bears : $8+ million
    Pittsburgh Steelers : $4.6 million
    Philadelphia Eagles : $17+ million

The Eagles and Patriots have the most cap room to do that this year if they want. KC and Chicago would likely do an incentive laden deal as KC did last year with McCoy (he just wanted a ring so he took it).
    I do believe my Eagles will have, to paraphrase Gray Lensman, a LOT of bills come due NEXT year. So, I can't see them blowing their cap space on Bell, especially when they have more pressing needs on the offensive line which is currently held together with spit and bailing wire.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It’s been reported the Falcons shut down their facility after multiple cases of COVID popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It’s been reported the Falcons shut down their facility after multiple cases of COVID popped up.
    Man, the news out of the ATL for football just keeps getting worse.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

NFL O/DVOA - DAVE for Week 5

01). Chiefs 22.2%
    02). Ravens 21.3%
    03). Saints 17.4%
    04). Buccaneers 14.9%
    05). Seahawks 14.5%

The ceiling drops harshly after that.

06). Colts 13.2%
    07). Rams 12.4%
    08). Steelers 11.7%
    09). Packers 8.9%
    10). Titans 6.6%

These appear to be our SB teams and playoff contenders.

Last year was the first year using DAVE, O/DVOA, and DVOA in full use and it appears to be like WAR in the MLB. After Week 5, it showed NE/KC being the AFC teams and SF being the NFC team. After week 11, the data showed a KC/SF Super Bowl at a 97.3% probability. After week 11, O/DVOA is useless as DVOA becomes the number one stat (defense wins championships!) and Week 5 only saw one team drop from the playoff contenders (the Rams) and one team add (the Eagles).

So right now, the SB will be KC/BAL vs. NO/TB/SEA at relatively equal chances.

It also favors RANDOM PLAYOFF AFC team over the top 6 NFC teams at nearly 3-1 winning the SB and KC/BAL at nearly 10-1.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-15-2020 at 10:39 AM.

And in breaking news according to NFL.com... Bell has signed with Kansas City. Making that Chiefs offense even more of a wtf do we cover now situation.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And in breaking news according to NFL.com... Bell has signed with Kansas City. Making that Chiefs offense even more of a wtf do we cover now situation.
    In it to win it this year!

Probably have to dump lot for cap next year.

Makes sense. Guess we will really get to see if he still has got it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I do believe my Eagles will have, to paraphrase Gray Lensman, a LOT of bills come due NEXT year. So, I can't see them blowing their cap space on Bell, especially when they have more pressing needs on the offensive line which is currently held together with spit and bailing wire.
    I think the COVID absences flipped the Pats financial situation - before they had all those players opt out of the season there were questions as to whether or not they could even sign all the draftees. They were THAT tight to the salary cap due to the hit from Brady leaving (and others).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    In it to win it this year!

Probably have to dump lot for cap next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Makes sense. Guess we will really get to see if he still has got it.
    Its a 1 year deal for max of $1.69 million with incentives more or less. KC gets a cheap 1 year rental deal for now with Bell to see if he can be the #2 RB in this system. Also Bell won't be able to really take part in a game til the next week. He had to wait 6 days after signing due to Clovid right now and he won't take part in practices til this week coming up.

Right now on Overthecap , KC is projected to be $11+ million over next years cap. They likely will do some salary moves to restructure some deals ahead. The big question marks is KC has to really look at drafting defense next year for secondary and more. They will likely let Watkins go by next year. (It amazed me they convinced him to come back cheaper and all)

My Eagles will have fans in the stands at Lincoln Financial Field today for their battle with Baltimore. I believe only 6,000 will be allowed in, but I'm sure Birds players will be happy to have the support, and they'll need it against Lamar Jackson and the 3-1 Ravens.

Watching some of the Giants/Washington team game in my area since we have that. Its brought up how bad the Giants offense as a whole has been with them last in scoring in the league in redzone. But its a tale of 2 teams in a sense on how they are working on their young QB's , as both are entering 2nd seasons here. With NY at 0-5 they aren't even thinking of benching Daniel Jones as he shows some good stuff out there with touch and throws. He just threw a nice 25+ yard TD pass with good touch on a all out blitz from Washington.

Meanwhile in Washington they benched their 2nd year QB after 4 games blaming him for the team being 1-3 at one point. With Rivera wanting to WIN NOW and watching it seemingly backfire. Allen hasn't played anywhere better with the people around him thus far in 2 weeks and they had Alex Smith coming back from a broken leg to take numerous sacks last week in a stupid move.

But its the tale of 2 teams. 1 team is letting their young QB play through. Knowing they aren't trying to win the divison right now. Not with who they have currently while the other team has deluded itself into a belief it has a chance at winning a weak ass division while still having offensive issues.