Page 37 of 126 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Giants are going to have some swagger because they just got their first win.

They still have Daniel Jones at QB, so I like your Iggles' odds.
    Perhaps, but Philly’s offense is literally a shithole. By the end of yesterday’s game, we had only two starters out there who began the season in Carson Wentz and center Jason Kelce, RB Miles Sanders and TE Zach Ertz are both having MRI’s today, meanwhile, rumor has it WR Desean Jackson might be activated for Thursday, but I’m not counting on him for anything. Sure, there was a lot of talk about Jalen Hurts having been a shot in the arm, but that’s more placebo than cure right now. Short and sweet, don’t put any money down on the Birds to win, you might end up disappointed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps, but Philly’s offense is literally a shithole. By the end of yesterday’s game, we had only two starters out there who began the season in Carson Wentz and center Jason Kelce, RB Miles Sanders and TE Zach Ertz are both having MRI’s today, meanwhile, rumor has it WR Desean Jackson might be activated for Thursday, but I’m not counting on him for anything. Sure, there was a lot of talk about Jalen Hurts having been a shot in the arm, but that’s more placebo than cure right now. Short and sweet, don’t put any money down on the Birds to win, you might end up disappointed.
    Battle of the s***hole offenses, then.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its over for Gase. He just didn't lose badly , he was completely shut out. If the owner doesn't fire him right now that entire team needs to just fucking quit and walk off. There has to be a statement made by the team because losing 24-0 is one that needs to be done NOW.
    Hopefully. The product quality they are putting out on the field is little more than a Saturday morning pick-up game.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Hopefully. The product quality they are putting out on the field is little more than a Saturday morning pick-up game.
    Given its a near 1pm on a Monday , I gave the NY Jets owner too much credit. He's an idiot and seems hell bent on making sure no one cares about his team.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I have been seeing news that the Colts are in the process of making a trade?

For who!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Two Monday night games tonight, and the Arizona/Dallas tilt is the back half. Should look like an Arena Football game score, given the talent both teams have on offense and the uh... well not that on defense.

Saw a fun article up, sharing some of the best and worst (a lot of worst) moments from the Cardinals when they have managed to be on MNF since coming to Arizona in 1988. It includes:

• Their embarrassing first game at Sun Devil Stadium in 1988 where they fell 5,000 tickets short of a sellout and had to buy a few thousand at the last minute just to avoid the blackout rule. And then right before halftime, HC Gene Stallings inexplicably passed on a 41 yard FG from Al Del Greco and instead, called a fake where Del Greco was expected to get 41 yards and a TD, and only got to the 16. Al Michaels and Dan Dierdorf were besides themselves for the rest of the game, which predictably, Arizona would lose by 3.
    • A 1995 game where Buddy Ryan had the team get blown out by Dallas to drop to 4-12 and got fired. Most of the talk was that Bill Bidwill didn't have a new domed stadium and would move the team... again.
    • 2006: The "The Bears Are Who We Thought They Were" game where Arizona blew a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter, and lost to a Chicago team that committed 6 turnovers, and won 24-23 without scoring an offensive touchdown. Denny Green's meltdown postgame after Matt Leinart choked the game away is one of the best "coach loses it" moments all time.
    • 2010: Post Kurt Warner, but pre-Carson Palmer, Arizona had a season of Derek Anderson under center, and I remember it as one of the most frustrating times to ever watch the team (and I saw them go 3-13 under Steve Wilkes). Arizona got destroyed by the 49ers in this matchup, and while down by 3 scores, they cut to the sideline where Anderson was laughing and goofing around with LG Deuce Lutui. On air, John Gruden went off about how he can't stand players who could be getting their ass kicked and take it so nonchalantly. Postgame, a local reporter asked Anderson what joke Lutui told him that had him laughing, and well... Derek Anderson had a meltdown of his own that saw him soon benched, and then run out of town to Carolina.
    • 2012: Another drubbing from San Francisco, where Arizona manages all of 7 rushing yards on 9 carries.

The Cardinals went 3-1 in the Bruce Arians era on MNF, but haven't been on since losing to Dallas 28-17 back in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I have been seeing news that the Colts are in the process of making a trade?

For who!?
    Found a rumor they're trying to swing Sam Darnold from the Jets to be their QB of the future because Philip Rivers is a veteran rental.

Which is ironic, because the Jets traded up to the Colts' pick a few years ago to GET Darnold, and they're already waving the white flag, and deciding what they really should get is Trevor Lawrence.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-19-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Found a rumor they're trying to swing Sam Darnold from the Jets to be their QB of the future because Philip Rivers is a veteran rental.

Which is ironic, because the Jets traded up to the Colts' pick a few years ago to GET Darnold, and they're already waving the white flag, and deciding what they really should get is Trevor Lawrence.
    So they might get him back?

LOL! Oh those silly Jets ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Phillip Rivers is like that sandwich Homer Simpson keep eating after it went bad. Right now that sandwich is old and we knew it was old, it just didn't look rotten yet except that, things that rot get rotten REAL FUCKIN' FAST and jumping on poor Joe Burrow after getting dealt in the first 3 possesions (and still throwing a pick btw), losing to Baker after the defense tightened them up and getting trounced by the otherwise winless Jags in week 1 are clear signs that sandwich has been gone longer than you think. One hell of an expensive old sandwich too, anyway, we still have Jacob Eason that we haven't seen hide nor hair from. I did bring that proposal to one of co-workers, I don't know, I think Darnold still has some upside and besides EVERYTHING THAT HAS LEFT THE GAZE OF GASE HAS IMPROVED. Have mercy, if Frank Gore leaves the Jets he might buy himself 2 more seasons.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Getting Trevor Lawrence might be why they keep Gase this year. He would make the #1 pick very likely.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

As if my Eagles didn’t already have enough problems on offense, I just heard that our two most reliable skill players, TE Zach Ertz and RB Miles Sanders will both be out from injury for as much as the next three weeks. So, we’re now down to our third TE along with scrubs at WR and RB for Thursday’s game against the Giants. As things stand, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the Birds end up losing, if that happens, regardless of how bad the division is, I say they should run up the white flag, trade off any assets at the deadline, jettison bad contacts/aging players and otherwise clear the decks for a full scale rebuild.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-19-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Nice rebound game for KC. The rookie RB for KC showed , Bell maybe coming in but he's not gonna be giving his spot up as the main #1 RB in this offense. With over 160+ yards on the ground he carried KC out there tonight. Mahomes of course had a low budget night with 21/26 , but when your grounding it well no need to force Mahomes Magic.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Five minutes into the second quarter in Dallas...

Cowboys have backups in on almost their entire O-Line. Zach Martin got knocked out of the game in the first quarter, and that was their last original starter from the start of the season. Andy Dalton has looked more like he deserves to be a backup these days, and Ezekiel Elliott has fumbled twice.

Arizona's offense looked a bit disjointed, but those two turnovers have set them up to get some momentum. The Cardinals are now up 14-0.

Dallas' god-awful defense just reminded everyone how bad they are. Christian Kirk just caught an 80 yard TD from Kyler Murray on the run.

21-0 Arizona.

Good lord, this is getting ugly.

Dallas down 21-3 and in their first drive of the second half, Arizona's Dre Kirkpatrick picks off Dalton (he got away with a pass interference penalty, no doubt, but the result will hold).

I'm trying to not think too much about "The Bears are Who We Thought They were", because Arizona was up 23-3 in the 3rd of that game and choked it away. But Kyler Murray is a hell of a lot better of a QB than Matt Leinart. I can say that without any hesitation. That, and this Dallas defense isn't what the Bears had with Urlacher and the crew that made the Super Bowl.