Page 1 of 126 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default NFL 2020 Season

As much as its been debated and discussed , the NFL regular season will kick off in 2 days on Thursday night. This is the 1st season I believe we never have seen a preseason game played or schedule. The entire Covid situation caused the NFL to cancel that and make training camps for determined to be safe. In fact during training camp one Seattle Seahawks player was cut for violating this order of having someone at camp.

Never has a season been so...widely debated at happening as well as the insane changes were seeing right now. In fact lets run down the storylines of 2020...

The Greatest QB of all-time took his act to Tampa Bay after 20 seasons in New England. In an already Hall of Fame career Brady felt not wanted enough by New England and decided to take on a new challenge. He will be wearing a new uniform which is hard to believe at this stage. But with Rob Gronkowski (can he body hold up 1 more season ? His last year he wasn't the same guy) , LeSean McCoy and now Fornette joining him in Tampa with those WR's....Brady has to be happy !

A late arrival to finally being signed after a decent early career in Carolina ended due to injuries. Cam Newton is replacing a legend in New England. Can his body hold up ? Its a 1 year deal and the questions for Belichick and the new look Patriots with Newton has to be BIG.

There are more stories to watch as we go in 2020. Can the Raiders find success finally in Vegas ? Will the Vikings finally cash in on what they have sank into Kirk Cousins ? Is this the year Buffalo finally takes the AFC East ? Plus how good will Kyler Murray be in year 2 ? And finally is this the year the Madden curse gets beaten a 2nd year in row with Lamar Jackson ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Wondering if SF will have a Super Bowl hangover or not. Teams that lose the big game tend not to bounce back well.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Wondering if SF will have a Super Bowl hangover or not. Teams that lose the big game tend not to bounce back well.
    You'll get to see the Niners first (well, on TV anyway) as they face your Cardinals in week one.

Meanwhile, my Eagles will square off against Washington FC and new head coach Ron Rivera. It'll be interesting to see if all the turmoil from the summer (dropping Redskins name, front office bad behavior) will affect the team on the field. By the by, what's the over/under on how many times the announcers use 'Redskins' during the broadcast by mistake? I'll set the line at four. Any takers?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-09-2020 at 04:05 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I've watched a lot of bubble NBA basketball and a handful of NHL games, the loss of the crowd is glaring. It's probably worse in MLB because of the expansiveness of the field and that closest aligns with the NFL but I don't know if a 2500 permitted crowd is going to feel much better.

No tailgating either so it's going to be a wildly different version of a national broadcast, do you do cutaway's of group of fans? That virtual **** at NBA games isn't the wave at all to me. 'Pod seating' is definitely a thing now but that isn't everywhere. I wonder too if Jerruh is the lone owner pushing for 50% capacity in his stadium? We here, go Colts.
    Last edited by Surf; 09-09-2020 at 05:14 AM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Chiefs vs. Texans....TONIGHT! Who ya got? My pick: Chiefs 21-17. With no preseason games to work out kinks and such, I suspect play could be more than a little sloppy on both sides of the ball in the early weeks of the season, so even marquee matchups like this one figure to have a potentially high level of Keystone Kops efficiency until teams get on solid footing. Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Chiefs vs. Texans....TONIGHT! Who ya got? My pick: Chiefs 21-17. With no preseason games to work out kinks and such, I suspect play could be more than a little sloppy on both sides of the ball in the early weeks of the season, so even marquee matchups like this one figure to have a potentially high level of Keystone Kops efficiency until teams get on solid footing. Opinions?
    I agree. I expect some sloppy play. Texans could surprise with an upset, but I'm rollin' with the Chiefs too. Especially them being at home.

On another note, Go Lions! Even though I know we're about to stink up the joint once again, lol

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I agree. I expect some sloppy play. Texans could surprise with an upset, but I'm rollin' with the Chiefs too. Especially them being at home.

On another note, Go Lions! Even though I know we're about to stink up the joint once again, lol
    Matt Patricia won 9 games in two seasons with Detroit, the same number Jim Caldwell won in 2017 before the front office decided to "part ways". Do you think this season is Patricia's last stand and he'll get the chop if the Lions fail to make the postseason?

My predictions

NFC East
    1. Eagles 12-4
    2. Cowboys 8-8
    3. Giants 6-10
    4. Redskins 3-13

NFC North
    1. Bears 11-5
    2. Packers 10-6
    3. Vikings 9-7
    4. Lions 4-12

NFC South
    1. Saints 13-3
    2. Falcons 8-8
    3. Bucs 7-9
    4. Panthers 5-11

NFC West
    1. 49ers 11-5
    2. Seahawks 10-6
    3. Rams 6-10
    4. Cardinals 5-11

AFC East
    1. Bills 11-5
    2. Patriots 8-8
    3. Jets 7-9
    4. Dolphins 5-11

AFC North
    1. Ravens 13-3
    2. Steelers 10-6
    3. Browns 6-10
    4. Bengals 3-13

AFC South
    1. Texans 11-5
    2. Titans 10-6
    3. Colts 8-8
    4. Jaguars 5-11

AFC West
    1. Chiefs 12-4
    2. Raiders 9-7
    3. Broncos 6-10
    4. Chargers 4-12

The Saints will beat the Ravens in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    My predictions

NFC East
    1. Eagles 12-4
    2. Cowboys 8-8
    3. Giants 6-10
    4. Redskins 3-13

NFC North
    1. Bears 11-5
    2. Packers 10-6
    3. Vikings 9-7
    4. Lions 4-12

NFC South
    1. Saints 13-3
    2. Falcons 8-8
    3. Bucs 7-9
    4. Panthers 5-11

NFC West
    1. 49ers 11-5
    2. Seahawks 10-6
    3. Rams 6-10
    4. Cardinals 5-11

AFC East
    1. Bills 11-5
    2. Patriots 8-8
    3. Jets 7-9
    4. Dolphins 5-11

AFC North
    1. Ravens 13-3
    2. Steelers 10-6
    3. Browns 6-10
    4. Bengals 3-13

AFC South
    1. Texans 11-5
    2. Titans 10-6
    3. Colts 8-8
    4. Jaguars 5-11

AFC West
    1. Chiefs 12-4
    2. Raiders 9-7
    3. Broncos 6-10
    4. Chargers 4-12

The Saints will beat the Ravens in the Super Bowl.
    Ever go back to the previous season and see how you did?

My final predictions for the season

AFC East
    1. Patriots 12-4
    2. Jets 6-11
    3. Bills 5-11: Without LeSean McCoy, I no longer care for this team.
    4. Dolphins 3-13

AFC North
    1. Steelers 11-5: could win it all again, or they could fall apart.
    2. Browns 10-6 *
    3. Ravens 8-8: I hope their first two QB's get hurt so we can see what Trace McSorley can do.
    4. Bengals 5-11

AFC South
    1. Texans 10-6: must-win season for their coach
    2. Jaguars 9-7: have the talent to do better
    3. Titans 8-8
    4. Colts 7-9

AFC West
    1. Chiefs 13-3
    2. Chargers 11-5 *
    3. Broncos 6-10
    4. Raiders 4-12

NFC East
    1. Eagles 13-3- Wentz stays healthy, throws 40 TDs, wins the MVP.
    2. Cowboys 8-8: Their coach gets fired.
    3. Giants 6-10: could win 7-9 games depending on how their QBs play.
    4. Redskins 5-11

NFC North
    1. Bears 11-5
    2. Vikings 10-6 *
    3. Packers 7-9
    4. Lions 6-10: Will start 0-5, and then play .500 ball the rest of the season.

NFC South
    1. Saints 12-4
    2. Falcons 9-7
    3. Panthers 8-8
    4. Bucs 5-11

NFC West
    1. Rams 11-5
    2. Seahawks 10-6 *
    3. Cards 4-12
    4. 49ers 3-13

Wild Card Playoffs
    Bears over Seahawks
    Rams over Vikings
    Steelers over Browns
    Chargers over Texans

Divisional playoffs
    Chiefs over Chargers
    Steelers over Patriots
    Eagles over Rams
    Saints over Bears

Championship games
    Eagles over Saints
    Chiefs over Steelers

Super Bowl
    Eagles over Chiefs- Eagles beat their old coach and their old RB
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

NFL Standings 2019

This is all for fun, I know these types of predictions are just guesses before we see what teams look like.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-10-2020 at 09:36 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    NFL Standings 2019

This is all for fun, I know these types of predictions are just guesses before we see what teams look like.
    I'll take it. I'm going into this season blind as an off-season bat.

I'm not alone, ratings for Hard Knocks are worst ever in the series.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I'll take it. I'm going into this season blind as an off-season bat.

I'm not alone, ratings for Hard Knocks are worst ever in the series.
    That's the Chargers and Rams for you.

Can't get fans to show up in real life, can't get them show up virtually either.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Matt Patricia won 9 games in two seasons with Detroit, the same number Jim Caldwell won in 2017 before the front office decided to "part ways". Do you think this season is Patricia's last stand and he'll get the chop if the Lions fail to make the postseason?
    I'm wondering if the craziness of this year gives all but the worst coaches a pass, with the exception of those working for the worst owners who might be sacked using the screwed up season as an excuse even with some modest improvement over last year - the owner will use the situation to dismiss those improvements as a fluke.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I am really looking forward to these season. I am having a hard time decided between watching the Chiefs game and the Reds game.

I am bummed about the Redskins name change. because now we cant call them the Deadskins. That makes me sad because I laughed every 500th time I heard. Kind of like a contest for bad over used puns.

I am looking forward to Joe's Debut on Sunday. But I dont think he will win against the Chargers. I think the Bengals will win 6 games this season while he gets used to the system. No preseason games hurt him bad I think. A lot of people here in Cincy think he is going to come out and win up ten games year one. Not going to happen. And lets be honest this is Cincy so chances of him making it through the first half of week one with out a career ending injury is slim.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Its great to be watching football right now. And The Texans up 7 to 0. Pretty much everyone in the stands the camera shows is wearing a mask. Maybe a few people are not but they could be eating or something.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.