Page 67 of 126 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So the news coming out of Detroit has revealed some things comically.

- Bob Quinn had a background with New England and its not only Patricia who failed its Quinn who tried the "Patriot Way" in Detroit. Quinn from what I read fired a very liked head coach in Jim Caldwell , basically didn't want to consider any other coaching candidates for the role and focused on Mike Patricia to replicate the Patriots situation.

- Quinn and Patricia then got rid of any players that didn't take to the insane stern rules of no jewelry being worn in locker room. No one was to play music as well. Also players were in this time cussed at etc by Patricia its claimed. Former players have came out and poked fun at them on twitter on how things went. As one former player said the team was 9-7 and the whole line of Patricia's made no sense they were rebuilding the entire team. They just needed a little help getting over a hump , not a total rebuild.

- One funny piece was Patricia decided to use Cam Newton in a game a year or 2 ago dancing on sidelines. The idea was to piss off Lions players saying Newton was arrogant and cocky. Instead players began praising Newton for his dance moves and how they like to have fun like that themselves.

- After a hard 1st season full of hard practices and more which had Patricia build a hill for the team to get exhausted on ; a group of players after the final game popped some champagne and had a small party to celebrate not being around Patricia. This was after a 6-10 season and they were happy the season was over.

In all it was a complete clusterfuck driven by a man (Quinn) who thought he was recreating the New England Patriots. Then hired an even worse ******* than Todd Haley and destroyed the entire team in record time.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It was a good win for Kansas City. The early onslaught by Mahomes and Hill wore out Tampa clearly and they weren't prepared for the speed of the CHEETAH. In fact Romo joked the team had to change its coverage plans by 2nd quarter and start doubling and tripling Kelce and Hill due to how bad Tyreek Hill was doing. If they hadn't Hill would likely had 800+ yards receiving in a game insane as it sounds.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If you had the Saints covering a 28 point spread, you had a good day after they beat the QB challenged Broncos 31-3. Meanwhile, the Raiders whom everyone was gushing about as a threat to Kansas City in AFC West were bitchslapped 43-6 by Atlanta. What the hell happened there?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

GB has had a habit of big first halfs and getting beat or close to in the second. But up 27 -3 against the Bears should give them this one.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The funniest deal of the week was Nagy discussing how much this benching mad Mitchell Trubisky grow as a QB. That he really gonna show some things now etc. Instead what were seeing is basically the same Mitchell Trubisky.

I should wait to post until the game ends.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Belichek outcoached Kliff Kingsbury today, and got a game winning FG at the buzzer. The YPG went Arizona's way. Time of possession. Turnovers. Arizona only lost on penalties. Held Cam Newton to 80 yards passing, and lose.
    Sounds like a typical NE win. A rare sight these days. Rare indeed.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jags have fired their GM, Dave Caldwell, after today's loss. I assume the new GM will bring in his own coach next year.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

And in Philly, reports are that rookie Jalen Hurts has been getting more reps with the first team offense in practice this week. Pedersen has said Wentz is still the starter, but Hurts, who has been primarily been used in gadget plays so far this season, may start seeing some snaps at QB in other formations during games.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

In the ********Broncos game, there was 91 total passing yards combined for both teams. Taysom Hill was 9/16 with 78 passing yards and 1 INT for NO, Kendall Hinton was 1/9 for 13 yards and 2 INT for Denver.

I wonder how many teams surpassed that total in 1 quarter this week.

-M

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The funniest deal of the week was Nagy discussing how much this benching mad Mitchell Trubisky grow as a QB. That he really gonna show some things now etc. Instead what were seeing is basically the same Mitchell Trubisky.
    To paraphrase the legendary Pete Townshend, meet the new Trubisky, same as the old Trubisky.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    And in Philly, reports are that rookie Jalen Hurts has been getting more reps with the first team offense in practice this week. Pedersen has said Wentz is still the starter, but Hurts, who has been primarily been used in gadget plays so far this season, may start seeing some snaps at QB in other formations during games.

-M
    Pfft! I'll believe that when it happens, and not before. Hurts was a wasted draft pick since the Eagles had more pressing needs for their second round pick on the offensive line and at linebacker. The Birds could've picked up a QB off the street and he'd be far more serviceable than Hurts.

In the ********Broncos game, there was 91 total passing yards combined for both teams. Taysom Hill was 9/16 with 78 passing yards and 1 INT for NO, Kendall Hinton was 1/9 for 13 yards and 2 INT for Denver.

I wonder how many teams surpassed that total in 1 quarter this week.

-M
    Hell, Patrick Mahomes had the sort of numbers Hill put up in ONE DRIVE last night.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-30-2020 at 03:13 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

In the ********Broncos game,

-M
    Covid is cutting deeper into this league everyday. I feel not much has been made that the reigning MVP in the league and to a larger degree, the biggest athlete in sports, has contracted Covid. Ravens are getting crushed by it. Not a Broncos fan WHATSOEVER but that game was a travesty to put on television. I'm not excuses guy but the Colts lost Jonathan Taylor and DeForest Buckner- arguably our best player on defense to Covid contractions and we got pummeled yesterday. Injuries in this season are a monster anyway but it's a shitty way to go if it's whomever survives the pandemic comes out on top. They better seal Mahomes in a bubble if they hope to repeat.

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Two more Baltimore Ravens players have reportedly tested positive for Coronavirus.
    According to multiple reports, tight end Mark Andrews has tested positive for COVID-19 and is ruled out of Tuesday’s game.
    OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Willie Snead IV tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday, a source told ESPN.

Snead will become the seventh projected starter on offense to go on the reserve/COVID-19 list in the past week and will miss the Ravens' next two games: Tuesday at the Pittsburgh Steelers and Dec. 7 against the Dallas Cowboys.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tests-positive
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Dave Caldwell being out is a shocker as he was there 8 seasons as GM. Which I'm sure some will go....wtf did he do in 8 seasons ? The team itself will be known for how close they came to a Super Bowl (within a half in a AFC Championship game) in 2017. Caldwell in 2016/2017 began signing a number of key defensive players and drafting well. He hit on a couple draft picks in this span to pair with the team with Jalen Ramsey and Yannick Ngakoue.

But what killed things was....Caldwell didn't want to pay the new free agents and drafted stars the big deals he should have. Ramsey and Ngakoue got pissed over how the Jaguars negotiated deals and both demanded trades. The free agents he signed to short deals wanted paid so he'd now trade them out as well. He built a well solid defense yet by being tight as hell he dismantled it in record time and saw how bad it went.

People will point at his miss on Blake Bortles and yeah , that was a WIDE MISS for damn sure and the teams inability to find a franchise QB. But the defense carried this team that 1 season and Caldwell just dragged his feet paying players.

Also the Jaguars in 2020 had $50+ million tied into DEAD MONEY contracts as well. As a result of Caldwell's trades and some bad free agent signings (Nick Foles etc).

In all if he does get a 2nd shot he's gonna have to learn from this one. Its easy to build a team up. But maintaining it is another story. And one he failed at in Jacksonville.

Why would Trevor Lawrence agree to go to the Jets? When you are the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, I would think you would have some say over where you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why would Trevor Lawrence agree to go to the Jets? When you are the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, I would think you would have some say over where you go.
    I feel he's got zero say. Burrow knew, months before that he'd be Cinci's guy, that situation is Trevor Lawrence light. This is the system, Papa Manning not wanting his boys to constantly bump heads in the AFC is lone real outlier to the other many decades of doing it conventionally. Trevor's only play is to stay in school, which isn't that good of an option when you can only go down to injury.

Lawrence is still unproven in the pros, playing in a league of veterans and I don't know how much of a hand he can even play with the Jets. One can only hope that, the Jets... somehow reveal themselves, in the face of an 0-16 campaign, to pull magic trick out there rears. Unfortunately that's not where magic tricks come from. I agree that the best play would be to trade the pick down and get some football playing pieces ASAP. I like the pick to Dallas for Prescott and picks and let Lawrence go be a Cowboy.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.