Page 65 of 126 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Ravens Steelers game moved to Tuesday, which has a domino effect as the Ravens were scheduled to play the Cowboys on Thursday and that game has been moved to the following Monday.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Ravens Steelers game moved to Tuesday, which has a domino effect as the Ravens were scheduled to play the Cowboys on Thursday and that game has been moved to the following Monday.

-M
    The NFL is like the Little Dutch Boy, desperately trying to keep the dike from blowing up. But, with six weeks left, things are getting perilous when it comes to keeping the schedule intact. Meanwhile....

NFL prohibits in-person team activities on Nov. 30, Dec. 1 in response to COVID-19 surge
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Who thinks all the players and personnel had quiet Thanksgivings at home without extended families or friends?
    Expect more teams with COVID problems.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The axe has fallen in Detroit. Both Head Coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn have been fired. WBE will have to alter the hot seat list.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The axe has fallen in Detroit. Both Head Coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn have been fired. WBE will have to alter the hot seat list.

-M
    The man with the big pencil has fallen. Its shocking he lasted this long given what a failure he was with GM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

-M
    I guess that Thanksgiving curbstomp at the hands of Houston and their piddling offense was the last straw for Detroit’s owner. And yet another padawan from Darth Hoodie’s camp was found wanting.

Detroit seems like one of those teams that are sadly never gonna have success. They are mired in complete **** and have been for 60+ years. We have to remember that the famous curse of Bobby Layne where he said the Lions would never win a championship for 50 years ! People have doubted that supposed curse...but since the trade in 1958 this has what happened.

- 19 Head Coaches since 1958.
    - Have only won their division 3 times in 63 seasons.
    - Have not won a Championship since 1957.
    - 41 different QB's have played since Bobby Layne and none have taken the team to a championship. Only Matthew Stafford has played a decade at QB for the team.
    - Of the QB's who have taken them to post season they are only 1-12 in playoffs since 1957.

Its a team mired in 60+ years of failure. They just can't seem to fix anything and in that span they had 2 iconic players chose to end their careers in prime of career because they wouldn't get traded away in Barry Sanders & Calvin Johnson.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Detroit seems like one of those teams that are sadly never gonna have success. They are mired in complete **** and have been for 60+ years. We have to remember that the famous curse of Bobby Layne where he said the Lions would never win a championship for 50 years ! People have doubted that supposed curse...but since the trade in 1958 this has what happened.

- 19 Head Coaches since 1958.
    - Have only won their division 3 times in 63 seasons.
    - Have not won a Championship since 1957.
    - 41 different QB's have played since Bobby Layne and none have taken the team to a championship. Only Matthew Stafford has played a decade at QB for the team.
    - Of the QB's who have taken them to post season they are only 1-12 in playoffs since 1957.

Its a team mired in 60+ years of failure. They just can't seem to fix anything and in that span they had 2 iconic players chose to end their careers in prime of career because they wouldn't get traded away in Barry Sanders & Calvin Johnson.
    Only the Cleveland Indians in MLB have had a longer stretch of championship futility than the Lions, not having won the World Series since 1948.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Only the Cleveland Indians in MLB have had a longer stretch of championship futility than the Lions, not having won the World Series since 1948.
    I have submitted my resume to the Detroit Lions to become GM. They have tried nearly everyone , why not a big deep NFL fan ? What do they have to lose here ? I will gladly take the job and try my luck changing the story in Detroit. So call me Ford family. You wanna save the Lions franchise ? Here is my step by step deal....

- My 1st day as GM of the team I set up interviews with Kellen Moore (OC Dallas) , Eric Bieniemy (OC Kansas City), or Jim Schwartz (DC Philadelphia). Now my ideal coaching hire would be to get Bieniemy and try to hire Moore as offensive coordinator under him from Dallas. But if I can't get Bieniemy I sign a young Moore as my next head coach. I then have him assemble a veteran core of coaches around him to make sure he's not too in over his head.

- The big issue is...what to do with Matthew Stafford. While Stafford has a great cannon for an arm and has set a number of team and personal passing records....its not translated to wins. A statistic was shown he has a terrible record against winning teams. Also Stafford's big cap hit in 2021 is $33+ million. Its just insane to see that type of money going for Stafford and its Russell Wilson money for a guy who hasn't won constantly. Yes its a team game I understand but with Detroit only having $13+ million in cap space in 2021 I have to get him to lower this.

His cap hit in 2021 and 2022 is an issue. As GM I want his number down around $17-20 million and convince him that the next 2 seasons he has to rework the deal to stay. If he refuses I start working on potential trades and use the Phillip Rivers example to teams who need a veteran QB above me in draft.

- More than likely I work a deal with Jacksonville. The team is projected to have $80+ million in cap space in 2021 and have needed a veteran QB for years. Stafford will be 33 and has 2-3 seasons left on his deal. The Jaguars will be picking #2 if things hold out in 2021 NFL Draft. I would send Stafford , a 1st rd pick in 2022 , and a 2nd and 3rd in 2022 as well for a chance at getting Justin Fields. Jacksonville has tried the draft and semi-starters in Nick Foles. In Stafford he would be a veteran in prime of his career who could go 6-7 more seasons.

Now some are saying , hey your GM and why not got right for the big #1 QB of the draft Trevor Lawrence ? And I agree he's the best #1 QB coming out for darn sure. But the price tag would be IMMENSE to get him. Your looking at 3-5 , 1st rd , 2nd rd and more picks and the NY Jets may not even make that deal even putting Stafford in etc. The team will be presented with great offers if they select #1 and they may even refuse it. Plus you can't really give up that much of your teams future draft wise. I wouldn't as much as wanting Lawrence would be.

So getting the below QB in the draft in Fields who many compare to a bigger , stronger Watson at QB would be ...kinda good here. Plus he's beaten some top programs. Its just he needs time to grow into a starter.

- My next step if I did trade Stafford away would be to get a veteran QB. Now knowing how insane stupid Washington can be , one moment they are saying they want Alex Smith back next year , the moment they then cut him for no real reason as they say they believe in Haskins and who they have there....I sign Alex Smith to be the bridge QB. If not Smith (if he stays in Washington) I go sign Ryan Fitzpatrick to be bridge QB and tutor Fields a season. Either way I make sure Fields sits a season and learns pro game only appearing in rare occasions if a game is too far gone etc.

- With cap room made I try to sign defensive line help . The Lions rank near bottom in sacks and against the rush. Total defense wise the unit ranks #26th. So they need some help up front and need help there. I also spend the draft on defense as well. Trying to fix that unit.

-

- The idea is , yeah 2021 will not be a playoff year unless the defense I fix gets good and the new system that Bienemy or Moore installs. But its a long shot.

It was only a matter of time with Matt Patricia. He's been terrible from the start and never truly got the team better. I don't understand why none of the former Patriots assistants can't seem to find anything resembling consistent success when they go out on their own. They all seem to get exposed as borderline incompetent assholes.

Charlie Weis
    Eric Mangini
    Matt Patricia
    Bill O'Brien

Josh McDaniels and Romeo Crennel didn't seem to be autocratic in their runs as a head coach but they didn't fair all that much better overall in terms of their won-loss record. Brian Flores seems to have the Miami Dolphins on the right track but his record is still pretty awful. However, he does seem likely to actually build something looking at how Miami has progressed in his first couple of season.

Right now, the most successful former Patriot connected coach seems to be former player Mike Vrabel. Which doesn't seem to speak to highly of Belichick's ability to develop coaches the same way he seems to be able to develop players.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

-M
    I'm thrilled a guy with his past as a domestic abuser finally got fired.

Still amazed that three people have been fired mid-season and none of them are Adam Gase.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm thrilled a guy with his past as a domestic abuser finally got fired.

Still amazed that three people have been fired mid-season and none of them are Adam Gase.
    They fire Gase, they may win a game and lose Lawrence. Gase is their insurance policy.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    It was only a matter of time with Matt Patricia. He's been terrible from the start and never truly got the team better. I don't understand why none of the former Patriots assistants can't seem to find anything resembling consistent success when they go out on their own. They all seem to get exposed as borderline incompetent assholes.

Charlie Weis
    Eric Mangini
    Matt Patricia
    Bill O'Brien

Josh McDaniels and Romeo Crennel didn't seem to be autocratic in their runs as a head coach but they didn't fair all that much better overall in terms of their won-loss record. Brian Flores seems to have the Miami Dolphins on the right track but his record is still pretty awful. However, he does seem likely to actually build something looking at how Miami has progressed in his first couple of season.

Right now, the most successful former Patriot connected coach seems to be former player Mike Vrabel. Which doesn't seem to speak to highly of Belichick's ability to develop coaches the same way he seems to be able to develop players.
    It shocks me how good Vrabel has been. I was thinking it was way too soon for him as a Head Coach in NFL. But what likely helped Vrabel was he coached in college at Ohio State for 3 seasons at LB/Defensive line then went to Texans to coach awhile. So he seemed to get more seasoning in college and NFL that helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They fire Gase, they may win a game and lose Lawrence. Gase is their insurance policy.
    DING DING DING! The one win Jaguars, just as much in need of a quarterback are breathing down the Jets' collective necks.