Page 18 of 126 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Looks like Earl Thomas is going to wind up with the Texans They are bringing him in for a work out and a signing is likely to happen soon after.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Baltimore -3.5.
    Chiefs vs. Ravens over-under: 54.5.

Tupac's back! I'll take Bmore to cover and out of respect for one and a half of both defenses, I'll take that under.

Mahomes, Jackson and Russ Wilson are the new QB faces of the league. Been a long time coming but it's here.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ravens D was the one I was worried about. Gonna need 1 hell of an adjustment at the half. Champs are rolling.
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Pat Mahomes is now the fastest QB to 10,000+ career passing yards. In 34 games he set the mark (the old record was 36 by Kurt Warner). Mahomes greatness is really something to behold really. Its also wild to see how big a 1st half he's had thus far. I still worry about this one as KC needs another 2 strong quarters.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Chefs score at will but this defense can still be driven on.
    ...Wow, 2 huge sacks. That's gotta be game there, Champs fuckin' roll.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Chefs score at will but this defense can still be driven on.
    ...Wow, 2 huge sacks. That's gotta be game there, Champs fuckin' roll.
    Chris Collingsworth said it best last year , "One week your thinking WE GOTTA STOP KELCE , well here is Hardman now who has a big game. The next its stop Hardman , well here comes Tyreek Hill. Now we gotta stop Hill and its Watkins !"

Now the Chiefs have a pass catching RB who can chew the clock in Edwards-Heliare and its pick your poison.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

The Ravens are still a great team, and I’m not dumb enough to start preaching about my boys from Arrowhead going undefeated...

...But the Chiefs are a great team with very few holes, and you kind of need to be a shootout, come-from-behind kind of team right now to really push them, let alone beat them. And that’s not the Ravens’ type of game at all.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I did like seeing the tackle eligible TD catch. It reminds me of a classic in 90's when Joe Montana would do that with Joe Valerio.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Heck of a game last night as the Chiefs used a big first half to top Baltimore 34-20. I'm no expert, but it doesn't look like Pat Mahomes and Kansas City are suffering any post-Super Bowl hangover.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I'm starting to see speculation from some of the football talking heads that Gase could be gone after next week's game if the Jets lose to the Broncos on Thursday since there will be a 10 day gap between games, enough time to get a new coach in and gets things up and running for his systems.

-M
    That makes a little too much sense for JETS ownership, though one can hope. It's usually a treat to listen to Evan and Joe after a JETS loss. They didn't have it in them yesterday, it was a downer. Sorta surprisingly, Sam Darnold can move, they put together a impressive drive for their single score. Then too after that Darnold scored more points for the Colts than his own team. It is the only bright spot I can see, maybe he ought to be given a shot someplace else. Problem is Greggggg Williams is the DC and he ain't any better. Yikes this Thursday night game is going to be brutal.
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that three Tennessee Titans players tested positive for COVID after their game with Minnesota the other day.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert from Bleacher Report that three Tennessee Titans players tested positive for COVID after their game with Minnesota the other day.
    1 Viking player now, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mahomes was great as usual but Eric Bieniemy ran one of the sickest, sneakiest and downright nastiest (in a good way) games I've ever seen. Good lord, the Baltimore D is going to have nightmares over that game.

Someone is going to make a head coach out of that guy.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-29-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Mahomes was great as usual but Eric Bieniemy ran one of the sickest, sneakiest and downright nastiest (in a good way) games I've ever seen. Good lord, the Baltimore D is going to have nightmares over that game.

Someone is going to make a head coach out of that guy.
    Reid has been grooming for it. He does that with all his offensive assistants as he lets them do more and more each season. Its scary how the NY Jets could have had this guy who has been around Pat Mahomes and helped Reid with him. Instead lets keep the guy who hasn't been able to develop any QB's.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — The Tennessee Titans have voluntarily shut down their practice facility until Saturday, after learning that three players and five staff members have tested positive for COVID-19.

The move also puts the Titan’s first home game with fans in the stands at Nissan Stadium this Sunday into question.

NewsChannel 5 spoke to several Titans fans and season ticket holders downtown Tuesday, following the announcement. No matter who you asked, those fans all seemed to have a case of the Two-Tone Blues.

.........................................“We hope they get to play so they go 4-0,” said Isaiah Lewis.
    You bet yer ass.